Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MutantUT3 Conversion of UT2k4 Mutant [Beta 1.2.3][PIC][DL][PC] [UPDATED 10-28-2010]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MutantUT3 Conversion of UT2k4 Mutant [Beta 1.2.3][PIC][DL][PC] [UPDATED 10-28-2010]

Name: MutantUT3
    Version: Beta1.2.2
    Compatibility: UT3 Version 2.1 and later
    Description: One player is a mutant with almost unlimited ammo, the advantages of speed and invisibility
    over the ordinary players. His goal is to kill as many "hunters" as possible. The player who kills the mutant becomes a mutant and the object of the hunt himself.
    Comments: Mutant Gamemode from UT2004. Converted original scripts from UT2004 as base for this mod
    Credits: UT2004 Developer
    Homepage: None

Download:
    ================
    Current Version: MutantUT3 Beta1.2.3

Development Server
    ================
    MutantUT3 Base Version: MutantUT3 BASE (Contains only files that are unlikely to change in the near future.
    Recommended but not needed to play on the development server)
    Development Version: MutantUT3 Beta1.2.3 ( can be played on 85.214.148.59:7777; mode can be voted if it is not running; Server can only be joined via console)

Hello i am trying to convert the ut2004 mutant gamemode to ut3 since the only mode/mutator i found seems to be dead. I took the 2004 source files and tried to make them work in UT3. The result can be tested via the download link.
    I know that it still needs some work in order to get the full fun back into this gamemode, but since i am new to unreal script it might take a while to get things fixed. I still hope you can enjoy this beta version of MutantUT3

Screenshots:
    [SHOT]http://www.cyber-cortex.net/mutant1.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://www.cyber-cortex.net/mutant2.jpg[/SHOT]
    [SHOT]http://www.cyber-cortex.net/mutant3.jpg[/SHOT][SHOT]http://www.cyber-cortex.net/mutant4.jpg[/SHOT]

Installation:
    Unzip the UTGame folder in the archive to this directory:
    My documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\

TODO
    =======================
    - ways to find the mutant (maybe a radar like in 2004)
    - things i dont know yet

KNOWN BUGS IN THE NEWEST VERSION
    (not things that are still missing )
    =======================
    - Bots sometimes don't find the way to their target and are getting stuck
    while looking at the floor (seem to happen if a bot is the mutant)
    - On dedicated server the Mutant becomes green instead of invisible after the first
    mapchange (due to duplicate NetIndex). Therefor I removed the invisibility until I can fixed this problem.
    - RPG Lock-On on non-Mutant player

CHANGELOG Beta1.2.2 to Beta1.2.3
    =======================
    - Removed remaining powerup overlays/post processing effects after becoming the Mutant
    - Removed push back from friendly fire
    + Added an additional aura for the Mutant for better visibility
    + Added spawn protection after becoming the Mutant
    - Reduced default Agi multiplier from 1.5 to 1.3 (can still be changed via config)
    - Reduced default Bottom Feeder kill points from 5 to 3 (can still be changed via config)
    + Added debug mode (enabled by default) to disable Invisibility (shouldn't be disabled for now)

CHANGELOG Beta1.2.1 to Beta1.2.2
    =======================
    + Added randomize Mutant weapon option
    - Edited bots behavior. Still not perfect but better than before
    + Added UT2004 Mutant announcer
    - Removed Mutant invisibility (due to some bug with duplicate NetIndex which I can't fix)
    + Added "Mutant" sign above the Mutant's head
    - Adjusted Mutant's armor values due to removal of the invisibility
    - Mutant gets more health and armor for games with more than four players
    - Reduced font size of Mutant messages

CHANGELOG Beta1.2 to Beta1.2.1
    =======================
    + Added the ability to configure certain aspects of the game via commandline or ini file.
    See UTMutantUT3.ini for more infos
    - Fixed Mutant dual enforcer not showing
    - Changed Mutant armor from Vest=50 Thighpad=50 to Vest=80 Helmet=20
    + Added Scoreboardindicator for Mutant and Bottom Feeder

CHANGELOG Beta1.1 to Beta1.2
    =======================
    + Added the text "Bottom Feeder" above the Bottom Feeders head (replaces the glow)
    - Fixed Mutant dropping Mutant weapons on death
    - Fixed player keeping powerups after becoming the Mutant
    - Removed shieldbelt glow overlay after becoming the Mutant

CHANGELOG Beta1 to Beta1.1
    =======================
    - Fixed bot behavior. Bots now only shoot the Mutant (or everyone if Mutant/Bottom Feeder)

gone try it soon will be back with feedback

Comment

Works good. Although it needs better bot support. Non-Mutants can't hurt each other which is good, but they still try to hurt each other. 1 kill gets you three points is too much. Mutant gets increased speed, all weapons and permanent invisibility. It is just too overpowered.

Maybe you should try making this a team game. Evrybdy starts on team 0. As soon as you get a kill you go to team 1 wile non mutants are on team 0. or you could in the begining randomly assign the muatnt. It would help with the bot AI.

Look up TitanKing 4 UT3 it is based of off mutant as well.

Comment

umm... i broke it... :P

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
          Works good. Although it needs better bot support. Non-Mutants can't hurt each other which is good, but they still try to hurt each other. 1 kill gets you three points is too much. Mutant gets increased speed, all weapons and permanent invisibility. It is just too overpowered.

Maybe you should try making this a team game. Evrybdy starts on team 0. As soon as you get a kill you go to team 1 wile non mutants are on team 0. or you could in the begining randomly assign the muatnt. It would help with the bot AI.

Look up TitanKing 4 UT3 it is based of off mutant as well.
          I know that there is basically no bot support right now and i am aware of this. I didnt edited the AI file from 2004 yet. My first goal was to make the conversion work.
          As for the mutant being to overpowered, he is the same as in ut2004 right now expect one thing there you got a mutant radar. Right now i think he is overpowered too but maybe can i get a working radar in the next version or something else that makes it easier to find or kill him.

I also thought about removing the shieldbelt from the mutant and just give him normal armor. what are your thoughts about that?

Comment

I think you are on the right track Byorun. The Mutant gametype is a great challange and I am looking forward to a UT3 version. The Mutant was a bit too powerful in 2004 but that was part of the fun of the game. When I first started playing the first person to become mutant was always the winner but after I got a little practice that wasn't the case. It was still darn hard to kill the mutant but not impossible. Much like Titan. My suggestion would be (and I realize you are new to UT script but I wanted to mention it anyway) to make it configurable so that the players could choose to give the mutant the shield belt or the armor or the speed or any combination and also set the level of each and the health level. That's probably some pretty advanced stuff but it would give some choices to appeal to a wider audience.

I say outside of some possible configuration options stick true to the gametype which it appears you are doing. Also Mutant is best played with live players anyway. Bot support would be a great bonus but if I can play the game at a LAN event or online that would satisfy me. Realistically I very rarely play the game against bots it's at a hosted LAN event or online.

Keep up the great work. You already took the hardest step. You started.

Comment

Giving people the possibility to configure the gamemode is definitely one thing i am going to do (if i figure out how to do that ) but for now i will focus on getting the core game ready. In my current development version the bots at least know what to do now (Mutant Bot still tries to pickup shieldbelt and stuff and seem to get stuck there :/). I would be glad if someone could test the current version (Beta1) some more and tell me if he/she finds some problems beside the one i already know

BETA 1 KNOWN BUGS
              =======================
              - Bots don't do what they should
              - becoming the mutant while carrying any powerup wont remove the powerup and makes the mutant even more powerful for the remaining powerup time
              - the glow on the bottom feeder sometimes gets removed so the bottom feeder can't be identified
              - having the shieldbelt while becoming the mutant keeps the yellow glow and makes you visible for everyone until your shieldbelt is depleted

Comment

If you don't want the bot to carry over a powerup then do one of the following:
                I can't remember if it is Destroy or remove inventory. It may not work.

Code:
                	PredPawn.RemoveInventory(class'Udamage');
                	PredPawn.Destroy(class'UTBerserk');
                	PredPawn.Destroy(class'UTArmorPickup_Helmet');
                This code is from the UTHeropawn class, this will destroy all items, shildbets,Udamage, berserk
                Code:
                	ForEach InvManager.InventoryActors(class'Inventory', Inv)
                	{
                		Inv.Destroy();
                	}

Comment

Thank you euchreplayer23, I found a function WantsPickups(Bot) to disable that the bot wants any pickups but i think i will look into the destroy function too, maybe i can shorten my code with that.

i would be happy if someone knows how to give a player (the mutant) a dual enforcer. I cant get the second enforcer to show, that is only a visual problem because even if only one is shown the enforcer is in dual mode.

In my local version the bot pickup and the powerup problems are already fixed.
                  i dont know if i should release minor changes or better wait until i got some more

Comment

The AI is a little messed up. The I played it again for a bit v1.2. And the bots were stopped completely and looking at there feet. (Happened when bot was mutant) Has happened a few times for me. In this case when I did find the 'mutant' bot he too was looking at his feet. Weird(?)

Everything u added works as described, I really like not being able to pick up items as the mutant.

Comment

I dont know why the bot AI is messed up...it was working in 1.1 i think, but i have to check that. I also noticed that the the mutant still got the shieldbelt overlay sometimes ... I have to get some human testers

The next version will be configurable and the dual enforcer will be fixed. I also edited the bot code but i don't think that it had the effect i wanted it to have. Depending on how long it takes for me to figure out how to edit the scoreboard i will be releasing v1.2.1 tomorrow hopefully with scoreboard.

Comment

I just released version 1.2.2. I hope you can enjoy this version of the mod. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, so that I can fix them

Comment

Played it for the first time last night. Bummer about the invisibility ( I really like that aspect). Could you change the size of the mutant maybe? Have him a little larger to give a visual distinction? It's a non issue if you do get the invisibility working. It's just a thought. I think things are going well keep up the great work.

Comment

Is the AI fixed ?

Comment

Please don't take this the wrong way because I totally applaud your efforts to tackle a game type. I just wanted to add my two cents worth. My only comment at this point would be that it might be a little to easy to kill the mutant. Especially without the invisibility. In UT2004 it took a good amount of skill and some teamwork to take down the mutant. I must admit though that I have only played with bots at this point and need to give it a go with human opponents. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Working...
                              X