No announcement yet.

Delete me 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tried the new beta out, and I like the speeds now. The Throttle still stays at 100% at all times, but you did a nice job with the accelerating/deccelerating with the forward and back keys. The problem is that the accel/deccel felt slightly delayed when you first press the keys, but it was smooth afterward. The speed should take longer to achieve as well. If you hit the throttle full speed, it should take some time for the Slv speed to catch up based on physics.

[EDIT] Yes, it doesn't allow you to hold forward and jump on a Slv and accelerate at the same time. It should push the throttle up as soon as you launch if you're holding down forward (running forward). I'll talk about some physics later where you continue the current velocity of the player at launch. (If you're running forward at 17 m/s and launch, the Slv should take off at 17m/s and decrease back to 12m/s if the throttle is at 0%)

I've sent you quite a bit more information over PM's as well.

Nice job though so far. <3

Comment

Delete me 1

Comment

Loving the new physics algorithm for the most part. You just need to make the Slv not be instantly responsive. Like if you push the throttle all the way up, the Slv still needs time to get up to the speed the throttle is set at (Like if you fire up jet engines on a plane, it doesn't instantly start going 700mph; it is only the force behind the plane). This is also shown when you spin your screen 180 degrees and the Slv slows down to 0 m/s. The Slv should never reach 0 m/s unless the UTPawn is moving fast enough in the opposite direction during launch. The UTPawn should also continue its velocity after jumping off the Slv as well.

The Slv starting with the UTPawn velocity doesn't work from what I tested. Also, it will be imperative that you're able to hold down the forward key while launching the Slv to instantly start pushing up the throttle (right now it does not let you increase throttle until you let go of the forward key and then hit it again). And yes, I know I've mentioned this already, but I'm just stressing the importance of it.

Also, I found that you are able to pick up some pickups, but the armor pickups dont notify the player nor do they actually give the player the pickup effect. You are still unable to pick up any health items. I would just check all the pickups as of now.

I suggest that you also decrease the size of the collision boxes for the Slv. You can't really get near the ground right now (important for getting pickups) without hitting the Slv on it.

[EDIT]
        Oh, and one obvious thing which I'm sure you're just using for testing anyway, you don't start with any Slvs, only a Yellow Jacket (replacement for the enforcer). Each new Slv pickup contains the maximum 6 count. Also, I would code in dropped Slv weapons to stay on the ground for 30 seconds because UT3 seems to have dropped weapons disappear extremely fast (this would just be something extra if you have the time).

Comment

wow this version is way better thx
          will the slv have rocket sound too
          and 3 personview

Comment

how is it going with the mod hardpcm

Comment

Delete me 1

Comment

will be a long time befor ut4 will come out if it ever come out
                it will be cool if you can make it for ut3 and you got so far so dont stop now xd

Comment

Don't worry about the UT-SLV fans. They're pretty negative about anything. I'll convince them otherwise when you actually do get this recreated. Please don't give up on the UT3 build. At least complete the UT3 build entirely, and then move on to UT2004 if you would like to make one.

Also, I think you forgot to link the new version in your post. D:

Comment

Originally posted by HardPCM View Post
                    I was thinking to come back to ut2004 and make a real strangelove for ut2004.
                    If you are talking about urs' strangelove, then I am glad you think it's unreal

I also think you should not give up on UT3 SL, at least complete a stable version yeah, not like I did with the UT2004 one.. well if someday you want to work on UT2004, I would be glad to help! we have a small community which needs somebody to maintain or remake the mutator

Comment

Delete me 1

Comment

But this is the last mod for UT3 I will make I think.
                        But after I will return back to ut2k4 and Q3.
                        Sounds not good! Whats about your other mods (Flaslight/Monsterfactory)?

Comment

Delete me 1

Comment

hi where is new version

Comment

About MonsterFactory I will just take the monster models from the Invasion MOD package and make class to make them compatible.

Great, then I'm looking forward for it!

Comment

Yeah man, if you perfect Slv for UT3, you will already be doing the game and the community an enormous favor.

Just PM me if you have further questions on any of the mechanics. I can explain most of them in much detail as you have probably already figured out.

Also, Gunner Mode. <3

Comment

Working...
                                X