Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Cheers Bl!tz

Hope the scale feels a bit better this time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow....another map in ze map; will try ur new baby asap...D/L...thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM-Richter has been Subdivided yet again. Now the Berserk is a stand along map DM-Chiasma_RC

This map has none of the Richter effects hence the rename.

ChangeLog:
    -Changed Post Process to early evening feel
    -Re-worked lighting
    -Added many light cones for ambiance
    -Swapped out the sky mesh for a dusk feel
    -Tweaked the fog layer
    -Blocked off the U-Damage area and added some more pathways in shield belt room
    -Swapped out a few meshes
    -Removed some tiles and replaced with BSP
    -Added a new sound track - VeloCity, thanks to zYnthetic form his album PLAY & CBP team

All feed back welcome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gargorias View Post
    Hey stevelois if that is a custom mesh/s then it would be much better to just create the BV/s in MAX wouldn't it?
    Indeed, you can use third party's apps to do the job. Still, this is a simple method that is use on stock assets which is very useful :

- To get rid of multiple complex collisions models, saving memory & collisions problems while playing (won't hurt gameplay + flow).
    - Use the built-in tools that are already optimized withing the engine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gargorias View Post
    Hey stevelois if that is a custom mesh/s then it would be much better to just create the BV/s in MAX wouldn't it?
    Thats probably true, but the mesh in question is a stock asset.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    Hey dude

Like I said earlier, I'll make a tut to help you out. I just made the pics & now I started to write the text. It should be available before Sunday.

Ciao m8

EDIT

The writing was quicker than I thought. It's done so enjoy the tut here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey dude

Like I said earlier, I'll make a tut to help you out. I just made the pics & now I started to write the text. It should be available before Sunday.

Ciao m8

EDIT

The writing was quicker than I thought. It's done so enjoy the tut here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
    Steve is the kind of guy that if you were an entrepreneur and about to do a startup game development company you'd want to recruit a guy like him in a heart-beat because of his thoroughness & dependability.
    +1
    I'm always impressed by Steve's attention to detail and focus he brings to the beta testing, not to mention his awesome tutorials.
    Achernar, you map looks quite accomplished! I can't ad much to what has already been said, - your in good hands; keep up the good work.
    Thanks, its much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Steve is the kind of guy that if you were an entrepreneur and about to do a startup game development company you'd want to recruit a guy like him in a heart-beat because of his thoroughness & dependability.

Achernar, you map looks quite accomplished! I can't ad much to what has already been said, - your in good hands; keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No worries Steve, whenever you get a chance is fine by me. Just happy your willing to share your knowledge!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for the kind words

I've wasn't able to make the tut this w-e. If I have some time this week, I'll let you know. Sorry for the delay dude but it's something I intent to do asap

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Your always welcome Steve.

Your tutorials are always appreciated. Many THX

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for the observation compliment

About the rocks, you don't need to remove / replace them m8

There is a little trick I can share with you for making a somehow more complex BV than just a plain box using the widget. That way, you can keep your SM.

It will take me to long to write this method now (1:30 AM & I must go to bed) but I'm willing to make a small tutorial for that this w-e.

When I'll finish it, I'll post here to let ya know. I think it will be very helpful in your case

Ciao

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The sooner I finish this one the more time I can spend on a map that'll be shorter and faster.

You have a great observation skills Steve! I'll put those into the next release. I haven't figured out making meshes so I may have to swap out the rock mesh with the wonky bv, or try and work around it.

I'll down grade the armor vest to a helmet hopefully that balances things out.

Thanks again for your helpful advice!:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rc - sp

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
    Apologies for the mistake Steve guess I was in a rush to do things last night. (all corrected now).
    That's fine dude

So I give a run with 12 players & I can see that you remove a good section of the map. TBH, it still to big for me. I think I can still help a bit. Since it's in RC stage now, I'll comments on easy / fast stuff to work on (if it make sense to you ofc )

SM are overlaping there :

[screenshot]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/346/screenshot00001.jpg[/screenshot]

Tree culling value is to aggressive :

[screenshot]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4278/screenshot00002.jpg[/screenshot]

- Green arrow, SM overlapping
    - Blue arrow, SM aren't connected. The blue circles is to show that if you add some sort of ring on the floor, it will look better since it will act like a "joint". Note that you have few of them like that all across the map so you might want to check them out (pipes that goes directly trough floor without a joint).
    - Yellow arrow, that spot need a light source.
    - Brown lines is to show that materials needs to be aligned.

[screenshot]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5812/screenshot00003x.jpg[/screenshot]

You have that SM that is copied all around the water. You can see right trough them from below, like you made a thin BV that doesn't cover all the SM height ? I didn't check the map in the editor so it's just to say that BV need more work. Also, the foliage you see on the top left is overscaled.

[screenshot]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6639/screenshot00004c.jpg[/screenshot]

Collisions on the debris & cone SM are annoying, they block the flow & annoy gameplay.

[screenshot]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9250/screenshot00005nz.jpg[/screenshot]

Vest & belt are to close from each other. Any valuable item like this shouldn't be seem from a single point like that. I would rethink of placing those armors more far away from each other.

[screenshot]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2127/screenshot00006ey.jpg[/screenshot]

So I hope it help m8

Keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X