No announcement yet.

DM-Richter DM-Chiasma Added[RC][Vid][Pics][Updated 24.10.2010]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THX for finding the time Bl!tz. Much appreciated!
    Good pick up on the foliage I hadn't noticed. Found a bunch of other stuff when I wasn't looking (pretty embarrassing really). Yeah map size will defiantly be more conventional next time - still learning...

Teleporter locations are tricky...
    but from where to where ?
    touché

-Mine shaft area(cooling tower side) to the inside the elevator room to shield belt room(berserk side), one way.
    -Or maybe an output teleporter (berserk side) in either Flack room or beneath Shock rifle (may need to mod that S-bend though).

THX for the nice words.
    the athmosphere of the map is deep & good ;cant imagine how many hours u ve spend on it

Comment

Update available

Comment

Well dude, making a smaller map based on the big one is a very good idea

I can see the change list is huge, THX for the credits, it's appreciated But you spelled my name wrong m8

I'll try the SP version & see if I can come back with some feedback

Comment

Apologies for the mistake Steve guess I was in a rush to do things last night. (all corrected now).

Comment

Rc - sp

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
            Apologies for the mistake Steve guess I was in a rush to do things last night. (all corrected now).
            That's fine dude

So I give a run with 12 players & I can see that you remove a good section of the map. TBH, it still to big for me. I think I can still help a bit. Since it's in RC stage now, I'll comments on easy / fast stuff to work on (if it make sense to you ofc )

SM are overlaping there :

[screenshot]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/346/screenshot00001.jpg[/screenshot]

Tree culling value is to aggressive :

[screenshot]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4278/screenshot00002.jpg[/screenshot]

- Green arrow, SM overlapping
            - Blue arrow, SM aren't connected. The blue circles is to show that if you add some sort of ring on the floor, it will look better since it will act like a "joint". Note that you have few of them like that all across the map so you might want to check them out (pipes that goes directly trough floor without a joint).
            - Yellow arrow, that spot need a light source.
            - Brown lines is to show that materials needs to be aligned.

[screenshot]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5812/screenshot00003x.jpg[/screenshot]

You have that SM that is copied all around the water. You can see right trough them from below, like you made a thin BV that doesn't cover all the SM height ? I didn't check the map in the editor so it's just to say that BV need more work. Also, the foliage you see on the top left is overscaled.

[screenshot]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6639/screenshot00004c.jpg[/screenshot]

Collisions on the debris & cone SM are annoying, they block the flow & annoy gameplay.

[screenshot]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9250/screenshot00005nz.jpg[/screenshot]

Vest & belt are to close from each other. Any valuable item like this shouldn't be seem from a single point like that. I would rethink of placing those armors more far away from each other.

[screenshot]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2127/screenshot00006ey.jpg[/screenshot]

So I hope it help m8

Keep up the good work

Comment

The sooner I finish this one the more time I can spend on a map that'll be shorter and faster.

You have a great observation skills Steve! I'll put those into the next release. I haven't figured out making meshes so I may have to swap out the rock mesh with the wonky bv, or try and work around it.

I'll down grade the armor vest to a helmet hopefully that balances things out.

Thanks again for your helpful advice!:

Comment

THX for the observation compliment

About the rocks, you don't need to remove / replace them m8

There is a little trick I can share with you for making a somehow more complex BV than just a plain box using the widget. That way, you can keep your SM.

It will take me to long to write this method now (1:30 AM & I must go to bed) but I'm willing to make a small tutorial for that this w-e.

When I'll finish it, I'll post here to let ya know. I think it will be very helpful in your case

Ciao

Comment

Your always welcome Steve.

Your tutorials are always appreciated. Many THX

Comment

THX for the kind words

I've wasn't able to make the tut this w-e. If I have some time this week, I'll let you know. Sorry for the delay dude but it's something I intent to do asap

Comment

No worries Steve, whenever you get a chance is fine by me. Just happy your willing to share your knowledge!

Comment

Steve is the kind of guy that if you were an entrepreneur and about to do a startup game development company you'd want to recruit a guy like him in a heart-beat because of his thoroughness & dependability.

Achernar, you map looks quite accomplished! I can't ad much to what has already been said, - your in good hands; keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                          Steve is the kind of guy that if you were an entrepreneur and about to do a startup game development company you'd want to recruit a guy like him in a heart-beat because of his thoroughness & dependability.
                          +1
                          I'm always impressed by Steve's attention to detail and focus he brings to the beta testing, not to mention his awesome tutorials.
                          Achernar, you map looks quite accomplished! I can't ad much to what has already been said, - your in good hands; keep up the good work.
                          Thanks, its much appreciated.

Comment

Hey dude

Like I said earlier, I'll make a tut to help you out. I just made the pics & now I started to write the text. It should be available before Sunday.

Ciao m8

EDIT

The writing was quicker than I thought. It's done so enjoy the tut here

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                              Hey dude

Like I said earlier, I'll make a tut to help you out. I just made the pics & now I started to write the text. It should be available before Sunday.

Ciao m8

EDIT

The writing was quicker than I thought. It's done so enjoy the tut here
                              Hey stevelois if that is a custom mesh/s then it would be much better to just create the BV/s in MAX wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
                                Hey stevelois if that is a custom mesh/s then it would be much better to just create the BV/s in MAX wouldn't it?
                                Thats probably true, but the mesh in question is a stock asset.

Comment

Working...
                                X