Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Phobos [Final][Picts][D/L]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Phobos [Final][Picts][D/L]

DM-Phobos & DM-Phobos-LG

Version: Final

Authors: Eric "Bl!tz" Rigard & Rulaman

Description from Beyondunreal:

This Martian space station is caught between Mars and its satellite Phobos, resulting in a chaotic rotation. Fortunately, the gravity generators are working well enough to lend a fast paced rhythm to deathmatch.
    This arena is set in space, inside and atop a satellite orbiting the Phobos moon. It is considered by many people to be one of the finest deathmatch maps in the game. Through the use of well connected spaces, plenty of z-axis fighting and good weapon placement this map has earned its title as a classic, as well as a remake DM-Phobos2 (UT2004) and a partial remake DM-Deimos (UT3).

DM-Phobos is part of the challenge ladder. Here you will face Xan's team.

Read-me:

---------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFOS:

MapName: DM-Phobos & DM-Phobos-LG

Filename: DM-Phobos.7z

Authors: Eric "Bl!tz" Rigard & Rulaman

EMail:
    rigardbill@hotmail.com
    rulaman@rs-ateg.de

Forum & webby:
    http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard.com
    http://www.ateg-multigamers.de

Credits:
    Respect & full credit to Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino for the original version in UT99.
    www.spacewallpapers.net for the space picts.
    Stevelois for the dual enforcer tuto.
    The UOF crew for the help, feedback, motivation & frienship especially Lord Porkword, Stevelois, Thrallala, 1xtreme ,Sebastien Nova, Diesalot & Rathalos.
    All the guys from Epics forum for betatesting & feedback: coolcat22, Gussie[MK], MamiyaOtaru, Coreper, M^vL, Rhykker, WedgeBob, Molosev & TheFirestorm.
    Epic for the tool.

-------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR's NOTES:

History:
    This Martian space station is caught between Mars and its satellite Phobos, resulting in a chaotic rotation.
    Fortunately, the gravity generators are working well enough to lend a fast paced rhythm to deathmatch.
    Addaptation of phobos from Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino.

Comments:
    Remake of the UT99 original Phobos.

Description:An old scool map with lot of Z-Axis action. Low Grav on the "LG" version.Some extras like triggered lift and door.(like in the original)Original music include.

Release Date: May2010
    --------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD

Another one to try

I'm surprise you didn't post it on UOF bro ?

Comment

will do in the next hours
      ...surbooking again

Comment

You should rest a bit because you push more maps out than Dies so that mean you need some vacations my dear couzin

Comment

Ah i remember this awesome map ..

Cool i'll ad this Beta to the remake thread.

Comment

nice too seee this map back again for ut3
            here some pic http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/94260676-4.jpg

Comment

thx mates..i need to work the visuals

Comment

Looks like your off to a solid start. This is a great map to remake. It was a blast playing this one back in the day (good job bringing it forward ). I noticed a few things that need some tweaking.

I don't know if it is my settings but the double corona around the moon looks like it has an extra ring around (white dashes in a circle).
                Also, some of the weapon pickup platforms the base texture looks like there are a few pieces out of place ( I especially notice this on the bio-rifle platform).

Thanks Blitz

Comment

thx for first impressions gussie

yeah u re right on all points; here s where i am:

-this beta was to see if everyone is fine on scaling/sizing

-all the sky will be redone; this was just for the test. the target is to have the same rotating sky as in original with one big planet ;two nebulaes and a distant sun.the actual corona is here just to have it under the hand it will be modified in red tones and placed behing the giant planet

-for the weapons i have to adjust em on their bases and to replace the ripper with a double enforcer

-other point is the top lift; originaly it had two "command box/triggers" and was activable from the top and from the base.i have change it for a "conventionnal" lift as i havent found the way to fix the problem with "triggered lifts" (they mooved for their place if they are blocked by a player)

-visuals: i have apply original textures on some places for my memory but i have start to replace em with ut3 or more detailled ones with same looking
                  the lighting ;the meshing and the texturing are just here for testing and will be deeply modified^^

in habitually dont post betas on so early stages but as 1x suggested me to do it for "scaling verifications" i follow his advices

thx for ur time and ur comments

Comment

@Blitz
                    as far as scaling you got it
                    I have noticed that some maps seem oversized
                    which for DM sake is not so bad but for CTF sucks bad

Again, looking good! Keep up the good work bro

Comment

my greatest kill ever was on this map. Hit elevator button, launched rocket grenades onto elevator, killed dude at the top. He was speechless.

Could be a little harder to do with a regular elevator Then again, rocket grenades themselves are more of a pain to fire in the first place

Comment

@gussie: thx for support bro

@mamiya: haha...yeah i still asking me how i hadent the idea to revamp this one earlier
                        i m scared by the elevator affair ; at this day i havent seen any elevator using a trigger that was working correctly....if someone stand under the lift when it go back it just "decal" the start and the end points...s***

blink! blink! blink!..."elevator one activated"....1....2....3....BOOOOOOM !!!...ahh the good old time

Comment

awesome to have this one back in UT3...
                          however, it could use some UT3 touchups.... are you planning on doing that, or will it be a no-edit port?

Comment

hey coreper; thx for interrest and comments.
                            Sure this is far from final visually..i quote my first post again...lol:

-this beta was to see if everyone is fine on scaling/sizing

-all the sky will be redone; this was just for the test. the target is to have the same rotating sky as in original with one big planet ;two nebulaes and a distant sun.the actual corona is here just to have it under the hand it will be modified in red tones and placed behing the giant planet

-for the weapons i have to adjust em on their bases and to replace the ripper with a double enforcer

-other point is the top lift; originaly it had two "command box/triggers" and was activable from the top and from the base.i have change it for a "conventionnal" lift as i havent found the way to fix the problem with "triggered lifts" (they mooved for their place if they are blocked by a player)

-visuals: i have apply original textures on some places for my memory but i have start to replace em with ut3 or more detailled ones with same looking
                            the lighting ;the meshing and the texturing are just here for testing and will be deeply modified^^

in habitually dont post betas on so early stages but as 1x suggested me to do it for "scaling verifications" i follow his advices
                            if the scaling is ok...i m gonna "ut3texture" it asap

Comment

Hey buddy,

Did some matches & I can say the scaling is really nice for UT3. I won't bother speaking on other aspects since this beta is to help you out to confirm the right scaling for UT3 movements.

I notice lot's of spots where bots where getting stuck on BSP edges, it happen to me to when jumpig down on some edges on lower platforms. Even 1 spot they just disappear behind the BSP brushes when I kill them (near one of the shock weapon base), even few times, bots where staying there looking at the wall ? I never saw that lol).

So the scaling is right on bro so I say mesh it out

It's a good start bro

PS: let me know if you prefer that I post here or on UOF or on both ?

Comment

Working...
                              X