DM-Phobos [Final][Picts][D/L]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey steve thx for testing and comments

for the bots; i have noticed too that one of them always face the shock riffle wall and i have no idea why...
    the botpathing is "brand new" and absolutly not based on the old one and i have no idea what is trying to do that bot....perhaps is he purging some beer excess.........

for the meshing i have spend the last hours to changes textures and it looks really better with ut3 textures...of course

i 100% agree:i ll have to "polish" angles/edges to fludify the moove ...i m gonna try to add some bv here and there
    you know i have this map in "conversion process" since 4 month and the last converter give really a nice result; previous version was mixing and rotating a lot of brushes ;so i m not totally surprised if some bsp still not "right" on collisions or like that
    i hope i ll be abble to fix all that

here or on UOF...u pick

Comment

Yeah, that bot behavior facing the wall is really a AI mystery ??? Even more mysterious since botpathing is all new !

I know it's not obvious to play with BSP brushes, specially with an importing / exporting tool. But I'm sure with folks advices / suggestions you will be able to fix everything m8

So for other posts, well, I'll see about posting here or UOF.

BTW, I post a little something about your other map... on UOF.

Comment

thx for support & encouragements bro

Comment

So many great memories of sniping from the tower . Can't wait until you get this and Barricade finished. Looks like you have quite a bit of work with lighting, collision and textures. As far as I'm concerned, you don't have to go crazy with the meshing but just enough to make it look good.

When I was playing this I was thinking Alpha instead of Beta when compared to Barricade since you were interested mainly in feedback on scale and structure.

Hopefully you can get that elevator trigger working. That would be sweet.

I know you will do a great job on this. Thanks for working on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
            hey coreper; thx for interrest and comments.
            Sure this is far from final visually..i quote my first post again...lol:
            if the scaling is ok...i m gonna "ut3texture" it asap
            ah ok, cool
            im looking forward to see some progress!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
              So many great memories of sniping from the tower . Can't wait until you get this and Barricade finished. Looks like you have quite a bit of work with lighting, collision and textures. As far as I'm concerned, you don't have to go crazy with the meshing but just enough to make it look good.

When I was playing this I was thinking Alpha instead of Beta when compared to Barricade since you were interested mainly in feedback on scale and structure.

Hopefully you can get that elevator trigger working. That would be sweet.

I know you will do a great job on this. Thanks for working on it!
              rooots...bloody roots

dont be scared about excessive meshing from me ...haha.....i ll only add the minimum to break some repetitive aspects but there s not a lot to do because the bsp part is really well done on this map (by original author) and allow a lot of variations in texturing (lot of edges and different angles/surfaces on walls) and the structure of the map itself dont fit to too much meshes adds (u get stuck everywhere and it can break a lot the "fluidity")
              finga crossed for the lift....but not a lot of hope here

how s your deathfan project? i ll install it on oua server when final but i see that we have another common point....some of our betas are walking very slowly to final status ....lol^^
              thx for ur comments, nice to have support from "old" ut players

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                rooots...bloody roots

dont be scared about excessive meshing from me ...haha.....i ll only add the minimum to break some repetitive aspects but there s not a lot to do because the bsp part is really well done on this map (by original author) and allow a lot of variations in texturing (lot of edges and different angles/surfaces on walls) and the structure of the map itself dont fit to too much meshes adds (u get stuck everywhere and it can break a lot the "fluidity")
                finga crossed for the lift....but not a lot of hope here

how s your deathfan project? i ll install it on oua server when final but i see that we have another common point....some of our betas are walking very slowly to final status ....lol^^
                thx for ur comments, nice to have support from "old" ut players
                He he, I'm actually back working on my betas again. I went through a move so its been a bit of an upheaval. I'm working on finalizing Noxx first. I've reworked ALL of the textures in Photoshop so the surfaces will have better detail. Probably not going to do a ton to DeathFan but will be getting rid of the deemer and replacing with amp. I also spent quite a bit of time on a private beta of a Leviathan remake so I have to finish that too. Soooo much mappin' so little time!

Comment

the target is to have the same rotating sky as in original with one big planet
                  Just thought I'd mention that the planet is Mars. You can get some good, high-res Mars textures/pictures off Google.

Peace,
                  -Rhykker

Comment

thx for the input mate; yeah i have found 2 nice pictures of mars in Remus solarsystem textures pack site but the size of mars in background is enormous and looks overstretched (perhaps i just havent use the right settings )
                    so for now i had to keep the stock moon there and to put mars more far from the battleground rotating in the sky....visually i m quite satisfed with that way: phobos station is in orbit around a moon of mars (ROFL....really not sure that mars have a moon...ops....)
                    in allways i m gonna do other trys to have mars at the right/original place with new settings or with a more detailed planet if i can succed to find other model from hubble site or like that

does anyone know how to attach a "plane" with a galaxy to the rotating sky?i tryed with the "attachement" in the "plane galaxy" properties after changinf it to "moover" too but ...no success :'(

last progress:

-90% of the ut99 textures have been changed to ut3 or custom ones

-the problem with the bot facing the wall near to shock riffle base is fixed

-weapons centred on their bases

-armor vest and flak cannon+ammo have been add...dunno how but i have forgot to add em on first beta

-i m working on the moovment of the door (invis/jumpbots room)

-i have 2 propositions for the lift:

1)i keep a classical lift there but i add a little platform all around the tower to be abble to jump from the top to the main level without damages

2)i add a triggered lift with two command points (top & base) but to prevent anyone to go under the lift and to "decal all the lift moove" i add there a lethal hole with some visuals....this way noone will be abble to fraq the lift and the only change with original version will be a death if u try to go under the lift...
                    not sure that it will work but i had like to have different opinions on that point

Comment

(ROFL....really not sure that mars have a moon...ops....)
                      Mars has two moons: Phobos and Deimos

The Phobos space station, as per UT99, was located between Mars and Mars' moon Phobos.

The map, DM-Deimos, was supposed to be a spiritual successor to Phobos (since it's the other moon of Mars), but it failed.

Peace,
                      -Rhykker

Pic of Mars and Phobos:
                      [shot]http://www.arcadiastreet.com/cgvistas/images/mars_and_phobos_600.jpg[/shot]

Pic of Mars and Deimos:
                      [shot]http://fisica.cab.cnea.gov.ar/estadistica/abramson/celestia/gallery/slides/Deimos-Mars-2.jpg[/shot]

Comment

And to think that a little game called Doom brought out the first FPS game to take place on those moons, and others followed, including the UT franchise.

Comment

héhé thx for thoses very usefull infos

edit:i finally have succed to use remus mars material with some tweakins on sizing and lighting and it dont look too bad
                          for the phobos moon i have use the broken planet and with some deformations it looks like the phobos moon now but with more details on surface and a rock look

Comment

beta2 is up...first post updated

Comment

Cool, will try B2 shortly

Comment

Feels like you've got the scale right. (If you went 1 to 1 from 99 that'd be fine IMO, people get screwed when they take something either upscaled or originally scaled for UT2004 and bring it over 1 to 1 for UT3 with it's heavier gravity & tighter or more sluggish feel and movement, it just makes you feel like a very small guy in a huge world *at least from a fast moving competitive players viewpoint* - this has been my personal experience and as you know Bl!tz we play with real players on our LAN, usually 5 of 6 of us and we usually match against inhuman AI so it gets fairly competitive)

As far as the collision issues, blocking volumes are our friends (they can be a pain in the neck) but they'll take care of it generally if its not a steep terrain issue, also polygon to brush and flip the brush or mirror it will sometimes miraculously remove the sharp edges that hang players, that's always worth a try at least.

Count me in on the latest

BBL with some more comments hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X