CTF-Maelstrom (UT99) Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Maelstrom (UT99) Remake

Just a quick post let you all know there is some discussion and pics re:CTF-Maelstrom in this thread http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...5&postcount=34 Plz forward to that thread.
    • Name: CTF-Maesltrom
    • Version: 1.0
    • Compatibility: UT3 latest patch
    • Description: Small - Medium size, 4-10 players recommended, symmetric bases, subterranean natural 'cave' setting, UT99 (fan favorite ) competitive map
    • Comments: Does anyone remember this map from UT99?
    • Screenshot: Again located here
    • Credits: Epic for the technology, 1x for the work
    • Download: N/A

The final of this map will likely be released in days. (a thorough 'in house' lan multi-player beta test has been instigated & executed)

I hope nobody minds me making this mostly 'heads-up' thread (i don't want to keep posting screenshots all over, or retype redundant info) I just wanted to give the regulars of the Beta section the opportunity to be aware of this work & its progression, also i know in the past i've spent so much time in the full releases section (and sometimes the beta section) that i've missed other cool stuff when i didn't know to look for it.

i have seen some screen shot and i was like WOOOOOW
    good work at bring this map back

Comment

Superb work! I see someone came in here and voted 1 star as fast as they could, Lame. Just the kind of support our community mappers need.... NOT

I see this happen on numerous maps, someone is going around abusing anonymous voting. It is pretty apparent to when there is a vote but no comments. Bad Karma

Comment

I have high standards when it comes to remakes and this one is superb

Comment

its a good thing we still have mappers for ut3 and bring back some classic maps like this 1

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
            i have seen some screen shot and i was like WOOOOOW
            good work at bring this map back
            Thank you!

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
            Superb work! I see someone came in here and voted 1 star as fast as they could, Lame. Just the kind of support our community mappers need.... NOT

I see this happen on numerous maps, someone is going around abusing anonymous voting. It is pretty apparent to when there is a vote but no comments. Bad Karma
            I notice some very nice work with 1 star sometimes .. Almost as soon as it's posted and very few replies ...... sometimes no replies.

I don't really mind someone might have been disappointed there is no D/L yet (there will be soon) - If i don't like someones work i'll usually just stay away from it, it is kind of sad when someone goes out of their way to bomb someones nice work like that. As you say - its their karma, not ours.

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
            I have high standards when it comes to remakes and this one is superb
            Appreciate that friend! - For you to make such a compliment i must be doing something right.

Comment

Looking forward to giving this a whirl

Comment

About the >one star<-problem I found this:
                Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                I actually think the one star thing might be a glitch. I created a thread once that had one star right after I created it. A couple months back it seemed like a bunch of new posts that occurred on the same day had one star.

Comment

@ H00815XX
                  I know up until recently the rating system has been broken for sometime. Which is what M^vL is probably talking about. The only reason I even brought this up is because I think that people should show appreciation to our mappers not go in a vote low stars for whatever reason. I think if someone wants to point out something wrong with the map or ways to improve the map and say I gave you so many stars for this reason that is good. But to just give low stars (without feedback) because maybe some ppl remember some feedback that they didn't like or just to be nasty is downright wrong. I think if ppl are going to use the rating system it should be based on the work, not the game type, the mapper, or because that person said something you didn't like once so now someone wants to get back at them, or they are just jealous of the work because they are not as good. Either way I think it cheesy, because we really need to be supporting the mappers and modders of this community.

Comment

Hey bro,

Here it is, he he

I'm rather busy this week but I'll try it asap m8.

Pics are great but it's expected & none the less knowing you

C'ya later bro

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                      Hey bro,

Here it is, he he

I'm rather busy this week but I'll try it asap m8.

Pics are great but it's expected & none the less knowing you

C'ya later bro
                      What he say? Whats he going to try? Did I miss something is there a d/l already?

Comment

What he say? Whats he going to try? Did I miss something is there a d/l already?
                        no ...or i missed it too
                        haha ....stevie!... u forgot yer pills again

Comment

I remember this one!

I like the pics so far, just drooling for the download now

Comment

looks good so far..
                            I just wonder if it won't be too dark...
                            And why does the moon have an atmosphere(=corona)?!^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sp4der View Post
                              looks good so far..
                              I just wonder if it won't be too dark...
                              And why does the moon have an atmosphere(=corona)?!^^
                              Doesn't look dark to me. In fact, the original was a very dark map so in comparison I think 1x has really done maelstrom justice. The picts look as good if not a little better then any of the retail maps I have seen.

As a side note I see in other threads you mention lighting maybe a settings problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X