Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Maelstrom (UT99) Remake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn......

I had several windows opened to realize it's another map I just dwn....... & I was following that map since some time so I was very exited to try it out & I was private testing another map that as a similar name so I mixed them up so sorry for the confusion folks

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 Duk3 View Post
      I remember this one!

I like the pics so far, just drooling for the download now
      It should happen real soon here, look for it in the full releases sometime in the coming days.

Originally posted by Sp4der View Post
      looks good so far..
      I just wonder if it won't be too dark...
      And why does the moon have an atmosphere(=corona)?!^^
      It's true the original was quite dark and dreary, nothing too dark about this one though the preview screens should speak volumes about that hopefully.

As far as the moon, i can see where you might think that however if you'll bare with me here is my theory, *(besides the fact that i always try to do something a little different and unique with my skies, if your around you'll see something very cool in an unannounced upcoming project)*

RE: Moons

In reality in all likeliness depending on the density of the core a Moon can have an atmosphere! in fact in our own Earthen solar system one of Jupiter's moons (Europa) has an atmosphere that shields it from Jupiter's intense levels of radiation.

If it really looked that out of place and unrealistic i'd be willing to modify it, but i don't think that's the case and no one else has said anything so i'll probably 'let it ride' (like the BTO song)

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
      I think 1x has really done maelstrom justice. The picts look as good if not a little better then any of the retail maps I have seen.
      TY for that awesome compliment.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      Damn......

I had several windows opened to realize it's another map I just dwn....... & I was following that map since some time so I was very exited to try it out & I was private testing another map that as a similar name so I mixed them up so sorry for the confusion folks
      No worries bro .. lol - you'll see the real deal soon enough. I was considering to do a (private) Beta Phase at UOF but as busy as we all are with our other major project there .. i figured it'd be best to skip that and do it this way after all.

Comment

Just noticed this thread!
        Screenies look grea!
        Will DL n checkout when it's ready!

Comment

If you don't mind, I would love to give the map a 15min+ test before you release the final version

Looks really great btw!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_PorkSword View Post
            Just noticed this thread!
            Screenies look grea!
            Will DL n checkout when it's ready!
            TY .. sounds good.

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
            If you don't mind, I would love to give the map a 15min+ test before you release the final version

Looks really great btw!
            Of course bro, It might delay the release slightly, but i'm ok with that.

How about this?
            I'll send you a PM with info @UOF tomorrow or the next day (PM box is full here and i don't feel like cleaning ATM) & TY, yeah it's also a wicked sick pure action map, we've been playing it on our LAN get together's (a pure blast with instagib) for months with it unfinished, i figured i better wrap it up at some point. .... haha.

Comment

Sounds good. I got lots of time on my hands so I will probably be able to try it out as soon as it's downloaded and provide you with some feedback right away

Comment

Quick question... why are there blue halos around some characters and the goo balls from the bio rifle and such?

Comment

It's due to a negative value in the post processing affecting the entire map.
                  Sounded kinda funny when I saw this the first time.

Comment

Working...
                  X