Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Barricade [Beta1/Picts/DL]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Barricade [Beta1/Picts/DL]

DM-Barricade

NumPlayers:

6 to 12 players

Description:

A medieval castel on a big rock ; lost in the space close to the Orion's Barricade
    Remake of the UT99 map from bsp import & resizing with UT3 materials.
    Gameplay, scaling,Music & item placement identical to the original version.

Beta1:

-todo :triming ; decorations; botpathing & sounds
    -lighting; texturing; layout & gameplay quite finished

Credits:

*Cliff Bleszinky for the original map.
    *XTremeXP for the converter.
    *The UOF crew for feedback,help & motivation.
    *Remus for his planet pictures pack.
    *Sebastien NOVA for the clouds material & mesh and for his help.
    *Lord PorkSword for the Hubble Textures "addaptation".
    *Hubblesite.org for their sky pictures.
    *My family for their patience and betatesting...
    *Epics for the tool.

Pictures:

DOWNLOAD

nice improvement on the visual since my first alpha test
    keep it up !

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
      nice improvement on the visual since my first alpha test
      keep it up !

thx bro

Comment

**** Bl!tz! your a multi-tasking machine!! - Nice to see another UT99 remake in the works. - Looks like your off to a great start

I'll be back later with feedback.

Comment

Have a few rounds on it & it's a true remake indeed m8

It's a good start, keep on the good work bro

Comment

Good start m8 going to try this soon.

Comment

thx my friends

Comment

Heil to the UT99! I love the map already just as it is - No need for improved visuals

I dream that someone makes the same quality remake of the first DM-Morpheus. **** I don't care about the visuals, I just want to feel at home in UT3 For UT2004 there is one such basic remake of DM-Morpheus and I played it like crazy, even though I don't like UT2004 gameplay. BSPs rule

Comment

Yeah Bl!tz did a few runs on it bot pathing I notice needs a few tweaks here and there.

Did have a good pic but deleted the folder thinking I had nothing in there.

(Tested a few days ago.)

Comment

Originally posted by SDX View Post
                    Heil to the UT99! I love the map already just as it is - No need for improved visuals

I dream that someone makes the same quality remake of the first DM-Morpheus. **** I don't care about the visuals, I just want to feel at home in UT3 For UT2004 there is one such basic remake of DM-Morpheus and I played it like crazy, even though I don't like UT2004 gameplay. BSPs rule
                    really happy to read that mate because i have the same feeling

i ll probably fix details on visuals(adjustements and little adds) ; complete botpathing(on lifts and like that...) and publish it aka final

than i ll probably do a more personnal version with more oriented gameplay on ZAxe...i hate jump boots and i m quite sure that replacing em with some jumppads can "improove" the gameplay....i ll take the occasion to do a more personnal addaptation....i m allways hesitating between pure remake and UT3 adds on visuals

for the morpheus99 remake ;did u try the DM-{FO}Morpheus2008 beta one?
                    was really close to the original.....file seem unavaible but i think i have the file somewhere....if u cant find it i ll try to upload it for you

it can happen that i do a remake/convertion of morpheus99 one of theses days though

thx for ur comments

Comment

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
                      Yeah Bl!tz did a few runs on it bot pathing I notice needs a few tweaks here and there.

Did have a good pic but deleted the folder thinking I had nothing in there.

(Tested a few days ago.)
                      lol for the pict

yeah i have to complete details on botpathing like forcing lift use

thx for testing bro

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                        for the morpheus99 remake ;did u try the DM-{FO}Morpheus2008 beta one?
                        was really close to the original.....file seem unavaible but i think i have the file somewhere....if u cant find it i ll try to upload it for you
                        Yea, I am quite sure I tried all Morpheus99 remakes so far and while they look similar to original they all are missing on the actual gameplay. After having enormous experience in navigating the original, you simply notice all these little details when you can't dodge for health in one jump as you are used to, when you can't jump up for sniper rifle from the lower platform, can't use jumppad to get straight to the shock rifle, can't jump from balcony up on the floor above you and so on... Of course I can always get into UT99 to run around with the original (that's what I do). My favourite remake for UT3 so far is this one: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...iandri+classic Perfect balance between UT99 feel and some slight touches in texture quality for up to date looks.

I really must try your Morpheus3 remakes, the screenshots look very good, I even downloaded one of the versions a while ago, but I can't remember when I really sat down to Play UT3 lately, oh well. When I will get new computer and will have UT3 running as smoothly as UT99, I will have no choice

Morpheus 99 can stay, you already are doing great job

Comment

Yeah np bro I'll get to testing this map more.

Comment

Looking forward to this one!

Comment

It's looking good Blitz

Comment

Working...
                              X