Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Jailbreak Beta 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jailbreak Beta 2

Name: UT3 Jailbreak
    Version: Beta 2
    Description: In Jailbreak, like in many other game types, your objective is to frag the opposing players — but unlike other game types, fragged players go straight into safe custody in the enemy jail when they're killed. To get them out of there, one of their teammates will have to fight his way into the enemy base and trigger the jail release switch that's hidden there (Jailbreak!). It is your task to defend your prison release switch and to free your own teammates when they're in jail. If your opponents manage to get all members of your team in prison, the opposing team will score a point, and your team will die a horrible death.

Jailbreak strongly focuses on team play and forces players to take on different roles for their team as the game goes on: defending their release switch, going into offense to frag opponents, or attacking the enemy base to release your own team members from prison. You'll have to be a versatile player to survive and win a game of Jailbreak.
    Credits: Jailbreak Team
    Homepage: http://www.planetjailbreak.com
    Download: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...T3JB-Beta2.zip

Hot on the heels of the news that beta 1 received a Make Something Unreal Contest prize, we have a new version for you to try out!

Download it now via BeyondUnreal Fileworks mirrors. At the current time, only the AtomicGamers and FileFront mirrors seem to be working, so try them first.

UT3 version 2.1 with Titan Pack is required.

Following are the 11 maps in our beta 2 release:
    • JB-Pagoda by h34dcr4sh
    • JB-Precinct by RevBillyG
    • JB-Rebirth by The_Head
    • JB-FacingWorlds by Tahngarthor
    • JB-Makoy by G.Lector
    • JB-Strand by Hazel.H
    • JB-Seven by RevBillyG
    • JB-Suspense by Wormbo
    • JB-Gasoline by H34dCr4sh
    • JB-OfMiceAndMen by RevBillyG
    • JB-Yaijm by DeathoX 8

Main changes since beta 1:
    • The cake was a lie.
    • New map JB-Yaijm by DeathoX 8
    • Several minor map updates.
    • Fixed not being able to search for Jailbreak in the server browser.
    • JailbreakUI package is now downloadable when a player without the mod installed joins a Jailbreak server.
    • Ini and localization fixes so that strings display properly in the UI. (not all languages are fully localized yet, but we should have no more blank strings)
    • Auto-setup support for single-switch maps
    • Replication fixes for: jump pads in JB-Face, burning execution in JB-Pagoda that didn't show in online games, depressurize execution in JB-Precinct could get green overlay stuck on screen, and delayed appearance of celebrating player
    • Many HUD tweaks including displaying a number instead of player icons for large numbers of players in jail or freedom.
    • More support for titans, including a Titan Arena property which allows players to become a titan in that arena.
    • AI team tactics indicator added to HUD
    • Team scores shown after an execution.
    • Scoreboard shows player status icons.
    • New Kismet actions to give armor to players, and to force AI to crouch.
    • Jail Event "Jail Doors" link is renamed to "Exit Markers" to avoid confusion.

We hope you enjoy participating in this beta demo! Rest assured that we have plenty more exciting maps and features coming soon, including a return of the llama hunt, monsters, and arena cams.

sweet a new beta of jailbreak
    thx guys

Comment

yes! an update of my favourite mod

Comment

Congratulations for the 5th place on the Make Something Unreal Contest for the best FPS Game Mode. Thanks for the update. I was still hoping that you are working on this Mode.

Comment

JB-Jacques_Birthday unrated version
          (censored map in beta2)

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2eimoewwzg

Comment

On this webside you can find some screenshots of that map:
            http://www.unreal.fr/fichiers.php?fichier=618

Comment

Thanks for those of you already downloading and trying out beta 2

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
              JB-Jacques_Birthday unrated version
              (censored map in beta2)

http://www.mediafire.com/?v2eimoewwzg
              I wouldn't exactly say that map is censored, but based on feedback from beta 1, we are dropping it from the official mod package. The author [H3D]Pendragon is a friend of the team and will most likely be providing a 3rd party release or putting together a map pack including this one. If you use the bday map from beta 1, be warned: it was cooked with beta 1 code and resources, so you will really be playing the old version of the mod when you load the map. That might also cause version mismatch errors. If we get a version updated for beta 2, I'll update with some news about it.

Comment

Quick thing I noticed in beta1 but haven't gotten around to posting as a bug yet, not sure if it's been fixed so ignore this if it has :

In JB-Face, when your team gets captured, if you jump off the jail before the missiles blow you all to hell, your player model is the one that shows up where the final captor would be.

This happened on UT3 v. 2.1, playing offline against bots. The only other thing that might be worth note is that I'm using MapMixer 3.0, though I doubt that has anything to do with it.

So yea.. if it's been fixed, ignore this, if not, I'll test it tonight once I get beta2 downloaded and installed and post again to let you know if it's still happening.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGazelle View Post
                  In JB-Face, when your team gets captured, if you jump off the jail before the missiles blow you all to hell, your player model is the one that shows up where the final captor would be.
                  its fixed but you can always try to survive as long as possible before a missile to kill you

Comment

Hot on the heels of the news that beta 1 received a Make Something Unreal Contest prize, we have a new version for you to try out!
                    Actually it received 2 MSUC prizes...

A couple of screenshots of the new map, JB-Yaijm by 'DeathoX 8' (formerly known as 'XYZ 8000' )

[SCREENSHOT]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9232/yaijm1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT][SCREENSHOT]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7371/yaijm2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Don't hesitate to post any feedback and ideas you want, and ofc everyone who's willing to help will be welcome...

hf!

Comment

AWESOME MOD! I especially like how u can get out of jail from duel fights .
                      Can we make a day and time when we all play?

Comment

Nice that JailbreakUI package is now downloadable. As far i am back from my business trip i will install it on 1 from our server...thx for the new beta!

Comment

thx for this mode, perfect job...

Comment

Hedsteem Jailbreak server up and running:

Danny, can you update your Beta server post in the BU forums to this please. Thanks.

Comment

Jailbreak is now also voteable on our Server 1. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X