• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 model Aion Female [WIP,Pics] [Beta2 +mutator]

Name: Alice [Elyos Female]
    Version: 12.1.2010 4.1.2010
    Compatibility: 2.1
    Description: I'm trying to convert some of the Aion characters for UT3. This version contains costume Textures and Meshes only.This character is only for testing and does in no way represent the final product. I am only a beginner at this stuff. The character has many bugs and when my skills get better I will try to release a nice clean Pack.

Comments:
    My story so far:
    After some research I finally got my hands on the Aion character meshes. They where nice and all but I had no idea what to do with them. Later UDK was released and I thought how nice it would be to try it out. After reading much on forums I realized it would kill me before I could do anything useful. But I had to start somewhere and why not just create a costume character for UT3. I already did have some experience from UT2k4 [Link]

Anyway I felt confident until I hit Maya ...that was one tough Program. I swear it looked like Rocket science at that time. Slowly I began to understand how it worked and today I fell pretty comfortable with it. Now I had the knowledge to rig, skin and export the skeletalMesh into the Editor. The editor was my next goal. It did look much like the one from 2004 except that they changed some ... minor ...stuff. By the time my headache finally stopped I had a good understanding of the concept of materials and how they are made up. Now I had my character in game and I was happy But the Character was to bright almost white. I almost tried to change the textures to fit better the game when I got the idea of letting the player chose the color of the skin, armor, hair, eyes... I modified the Base material for all characters and now I could do just that with the help of a color mask. Playing in the editor is one thing, but now I need to get it to work also in game with a mutator maybe. ...I am now reading tutorials on mutators and how they can change variables of a material.

I will continue my story with the next release.
    Screenshot:

Credits:
    • Denny Lindberg for his UT3 Animation Rig
    • camink.com for his tutorial on costume characters
    • roxfan for making an Aion package extractor
    • NCsoft for making Aion
    • Epic for making UT3

Download:

Looks really cool =)
    Some one can create Asmo char in hi level light armor types? Much more sexy looking

Comment

Woah! Nice char

Comment

Looks like I'm not the only one porting rip models now It's good to see, keep it up man.

Comment

Looks really good. Works perfect on my set up. What r u going to use a mutator for? UT3 needs more custom chars and this one is a keeper. Needs team colors though. Its very easy to do/add.

Comment

Very Nice skin. I will be running this on our server when complete. TY

Comment

euchreplayer23@ The mutator will allow the player to chose different colors for his character.

I don't have much experience with programing and at the beginning I didn't know where to start, but the thought of realizing my idea in UT3 was enough for me to move forward. For the last 5 days I was reading trough tutorials, UT3 script code and various forums. I think my head might explode now But I did acquire enough information to make my 1st mutator. The mutator is far from what I plan it to be in the final release. But for now I have something to work with. Pictures below.

Comment

Nice work on character so far.

Comment

too cool char

Comment

She puts Paris Hilton to shame!

Comment

Here it is! My second release and the mutator. Now that I think back, making the mutator was not that hard, but making the UI for the mutator is rly stupid. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't... it gets frustrating at times. Little by little I'm unlocking it's secrets. While I was doing the UI I also had some time to do the team colors. But I did not just go into Photoshop and paint them, no I had to do it my way I made a Smart Material that decides to give u the Armor color depending on what team you are. Epics code does most of the work tho. It is not perfect but slowly I'm getting there. As always pictures below.

There are some bugs that are pretty obvious. I rigged the character to a male skeleton, why ? Because I don't have a female one. But I will try to get one. U might expect a macho Idle animation in the char. selection screen.
                      • In the Mutator click Update to see your color changes.
                      • Clicking Default might render the character as black. To correct it click Update after that.

Question: Does anybody know how to change the colors of the tabButtons and its text color? Anything I try it goes back to default.

Comment

Originally posted by INVICTRA View Post
                        Here it is! My second release and the mutator. Now that I think back, making the mutator was not that hard, but making the UI for the mutator is rly stupid. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't... it gets frustrating at times. Little by little I'm unlocking it's secrets. While I was doing the UI I also had some time to do the team colors. But I did not just go into Photoshop and paint them, no I had to do it my way I made a Smart Material that decides to give u the Armor color depending on what team you are. Epics code does most of the work tho. It is not perfect but slowly I'm getting there. As always pictures below.

There are some bugs that are pretty obvious. I rigged the character to a male skeleton, why ? Because I don't have a female one. But I will try to get one. U might expect a macho Idle animation in the char. selection screen.
                        • In the Mutator click Update to see your color changes.
                        • Clicking Default might render the character as black. To correct it click Update after that.

Question: Does anybody know how to change the colors of the tabButtons and its text color? Anything I try it goes back to default.
                        This mutator looks very interesting!

Will it work with other characters or just your own?

Comment

I might be able to Override the other characters default MICs. Then I could apply my material to them. I think it is posible.

Comment

This is pretty cool. A mutator like that would be truly awsome indeed.

Comment

! ! ! Excellent ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                              X