• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    heres a ps3 cook - http://www.mediafire.com/?uxmzequlyw2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, maybe I'm commenting a little late in the game, but it seems to me the logical choice for the lightning gun replacement would be the new sniper rifle and that would solve any weapon placement/balance issues. Looks good so far though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks amazing! Can't wait until I get my PC back and play this! I hope it has a good frame rate though, since it looks really detailed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WedgeBob View Post
    This was certainly one of my favorite CTF maps, especially with the InstaGib CTF addon for UT2004. Glad you brought this here. Might as well get to work on an InstaGib Mutator here in UT3 so we can bring back the fun days.
    WedgeBob there is already a few different Instagib mutators for UT3. I prefer the Ultra Instagib but there is also a zoom instagib and there is is stock instagib that is provided with all versions of UT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This was certainly one of my favorite CTF maps, especially with the InstaGib CTF addon for UT2004. Glad you brought this here. Might as well get to work on an InstaGib Mutator here in UT3 so we can bring back the fun days.

EDIT: Ah yeah, exactly as I remember it...loads of tricks 'n traps, and plenty o' treats to go around...congrats on this one...I do believe you have successfully revived a bigtime classic here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i just played this map and i really really really like it!
    its a bit narrow in the center, but thats ok i guess
    the only bad thing i noticed about this map is that a few times when i spawned i walked directly into the magma... it would be nice to have that fixed :P especially when Forced Respawning is on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well Thalos you are almost finished. Are you ready for your next project?

BTW, you have done phenomenal work on this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thalos View Post
    @1XTreme I have to apologise about the audio track I got over zealous in the conversion process and the compression level, I have now obtained a lossless music track and done a straight import, the compression level is now 30 instead of level 10.

It will be released in the next beta or final version

Haha, no worries Thalos!!! been there done that. (glad to hear the next version will correct that minor issue)

Hey BTW, i think the superhealth works quite well on the top middle. Probably better than a redundant weapon pickup as well.

Originally posted by FewPosts View Post
    Hey, you won me over with that and won the "debate" (not that there was one) with that

That's how everyone should post...GG
    Glad to hear it FewPosts! - double thumbs up right back at ya..... GG

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
    @FewPosts, i can see where you might think that way, so i'm not ******* you but rather supporting the publisher with the following.
    Hey, you won me over with that and won the "debate" (not that there was one) with that

That's how everyone should post...GG

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @1XTreme I have to apologise about the audio track I got over zealous in the conversion process and the compression level, I have now obtained a lossless music track and done a straight import, the compression level is now 30 instead of level 10.

It will be released in the next beta or final version

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thalos View Post
    @1XTreme Thanks for the info & links I now have the stinger sounds working (strange how they only work if duplicated? (solved if the tempo is set to low they wont work 100-160 gets the stingers working))
    Your most welcome Thalos! Glad to be a bit of help, another friend of mine here on these forums and i were just discussing this thread last night on X-Fire chat and we both agreed that not only are you talented but you have "the right stuff" when it comes to dealing with feedback and suggestions.

It's true you'll never make everyone happy, however allowing others to test, make suggestions and keeping an open mind are cornerstones to successful development.

As far as changing the pickups i sort of like the idea of keeping things true to the original, but with no lighting gun then some adjustments must be made with that in mind, as you say in the spirit of the original seems like the right way to me as well, i'd be interested in what others might have to say and take more of a back seat on this subject rather than be too opinionated.

On the subject of the music track, (unfortunately the new engine doesn't accept OGG) I think that you down-sampled / compressed it to heavily because it sounds like it's almost underwater and very compressed, sort of a muddy degraded sound, again i've had experience in this area and might be able to offer help, if you'd like i'll get you the maximum compression possible without sound degradation and then upload the file for you and also remember that the cooking process will use Epic's proprietary compression further reducing size beyond what we've accomplished. If you want to take a stab at it yourself and you'd like me to give you some sample frequencies & formats i'm familiar with i'd be happy to, otherwise i can upload a tuned track for you if you want.

As far as the other changes and implementations on Beta4 thus far i see all other modifications as improvements. Though I'll be testing / playing it more with friends/fam on our dedicated Lan.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Gussie[MK] Obviously this map is a port from ut2004, and the ut3 engine is completely different, I am willing to make changes to the map as long as it has the spirit of the original, this is why feedback is required if the majority believe the layout is fine no modifications will be made if some would like a extra 3 health pick ups I will try it.

I am also aware I cannot satisfy everyone, and soon I will have to draw the line and publish the map fully, so I will give beta 4 a week or two testing and if no one else supports ShadeMistress suggestions they will not be implemented.

Feed back and comments are welcome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Thalos will d/l this and check it out this weekend. I can't wait to take a run through and get some playing in on it

As far as pick ups go I think it depends on how you want the map to be, are you going a faithful remake with the pick ups or considering what will make the best game play? Also, I have seen this on other threads were people will have recommendations then when implemented others do not like. I think you need to have the say on that. It is really your call. Still there might be good ideas out there and I like the way your are willing to accept feedback and suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ShadeMistress I see your point the vials do out number the health pick ups considerably I could place another health pickup in the volcano cave on the opposite side to the one that exits already near the ammo pickups, this would also balance the map a bit more.

I could remove the vials on the rocks in the lava pool and replace it with one health pickup this would incorporate a element of risk to obtain the pickup if you miss your jump you get cooked

If any of theses suggestions sound positive I will implement them

Comments welcome?

also thanks for the positive feedback to all

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really loved this map, it's gorgeous and plays well, even if the bots do tend to all go in the same direction all of the time.

The only problem I had with it was a real lack of health pickups. The Health Vials are great and all, but the bots tend to hog them up constantly. More than a couple of times, I ended up with 30 or less health and could not for the life of me find an available pickup. Mind you, there's no need to add a bunch of them, but maybe add one extra one next to the one in the center of the map and replace a vial at the base with an actual med health pickup...

Either way, it's a great map. I personally couldn't find any collision problems.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X