No announcement yet.

CTF-Magma (Beta 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! looking forward to testing this bad boy out. - i'll report back after we do our small lan bash over the weekend.

Comment

Nice ...It's just like back in the good old days. It was one of my favorite maps. Good job sir.

Comment

thalos, we skipped our lan thing this past weekend (cold / flu season i guess)

Wanted to say that i looked at it myself some, and had still planned to do some more testing / lan play this coming weekend.

I noticed the collision issue on the volcano path is virtually gone, - good work!

I was wondering did you change the lighting in the main outdoor area's or adjust the post processing? The map seems to have a different ambiance, it seemed more natural on the last version i tested. Otherwise i wanted to mention those things real fast. I'll be back with more detailed feedback later.

Comment

@1XTreme

No lighting has been modified but I have lightmapped some more lava pool rocks and made some minor material tweaks, which gives the map a bit more atmosphere.

thx.

Comment

Originally posted by thalos View Post
            Added and tested but I decided not to use the music it overwhelms the ambient sound effects

I hope you decide to run the music after all. People can always choose to turn it off or mute the music but it cannot be added by the player. One thing I always liked about the UT series was/is the awesome music (it is definitely an important part of game play as it sets the atmosphere).

Comment

Originally posted by thalos View Post
              @1XTreme

No lighting has been modified but I have lightmapped some more lava pool rocks and made some minor material tweaks, which gives the map a bit more atmosphere.

thx.
              YW

Ah! i gotcha! (no easy task that light mapping - - very advanced skillset done in Maya or 3DSM right? seems like your handling it quite well)

BBL

Comment

WOW
                this map looks amazing!
                definitly going to check this out!

Comment

Originally posted by Gussie[MK] View Post
                  I hope you decide to run the music after all. People can always choose to turn it off or mute the music but it cannot be added by the player. One thing I always liked about the UT series was/is the awesome music (it is definitely an important part of game play as it sets the atmosphere).
                  +1 This is a great map it would be a shame not to include the music. Very Nice Mapping.

Comment

I might have another attempt at adding the KR-Infernal-Realm sound track, but I always have trouble due to in editor and in game volume levels differing on my comp.
                    I also need to ensure the music dose not overwhelm the ambient sound effects which are at a low level already.

Comment

Wow, i'm surprised others feel so strongly about the original music .. - maybe because this is such an authentic / faithful remake they must feel that aspect is important too? (i have to agree music from the Unreal series is some of the best ever in the gaming world) - for this map the original music seemed to fit very nicely come to think of it.

Thalos, i'd be happy to do some specific audio testing on my lan (we have 1/2 dozen unique workstations running UT3 and a dedicated UT3 server) - if anything doesn't seem right among the variety of machines i'd certainly let you know also just keep in mind (i'm sure you know - just to remind you) you can always tweak and adjust the sound cue volume if something isn't right and seems like it overwhelms ambient sound effects. And finally end users can have some control with their own volume settings depending on preference, at least nice to give them the option i reckon.

IMO; this bad-boy is well worth any extra testing i can help with

Comment

I have to try this m8 I got a link by 1xtreme.

I'll be back if I find anything.

Comment

yeah it looks lethaly improoved! i m gonna try it today too

Comment

Nice map m8 just two things some annoying blocking thing and bot path need tweaking?

Pics:

Where the red is bots get stuck and jump around a bit weird.

A few other places have samll problems.

Here is the blocking.

The lightning kick a**!

Comment

wow....kick **** remake with a true UT feeling

just some details:

in some places the lava flow (and the little parts of lava jumpin in the air) is too fast and dont look natural...lava mooves (even with fluid lava) arent so fast

when u use the vapor jumppad u hurt the castle when u land

the brillance /reflexion of the torches is too white/powerfull/blurry

this is a keeper for sure, thx for ur work and cant wait to install it on our server

Comment

The lava "borders" look really cool but really fake. I'd tone down them looking so "lit up". Other than that it looks FATASTIC. Very realistic looking other than the "electro-Lava".

Comment

Working...
                                X