No announcement yet.

DM-Malevolence [v0.9][pics][Beta 4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey BB, how's it going? Any chance you're gonna get another crack at this? You were so close.

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
      Hey BB, how's it going? Any chance you're gonna get another crack at this? You were so close.
      +1....hard to be more close than that in fact

Comment

Hey guys! I will indeed. Got side tracked with real life stuff. That pesky real life! I'm scheduled to get back on this next week actually. Just a few things left on it. Should be able to get it out by then

Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by Barballs View Post
          Hey guys! I will indeed. Got side tracked with real life stuff. That pesky real life! I'm scheduled to get back on this next week actually. Just a few things left on it. Should be able to get it out by then

Thanks for the reminder!
          Sweetness, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder!
            Cool! Glad to hear it. I think we've got a little more time before Armageddon so no huge rush.

Comment

Even though this is still a beta, I thought I'd go ahead and comment as my comments will probably not include anything people are complaining about (except for one thing). The layout is similar to the original with same good classic gameplay (plenty of flow and connectivity) and good weapon/item placement; although, I found it tricky getting to the shield belt (is that an impact jump?). The bots seem a bit too easy in this one though (not sure how to fix it). I liked the lighting, shadows, rising steam in the lights, dripping water, rock faces, city view and the music. I originally thought those lights in the water were coming from above, but they're not and that's a good thing. Yes, the wood cracking sound needs to be fixed for sure as it almost sounds like someone is firing up a chainsaw. This is a good remake that needs to be finished.

Comment

Skaarj: Yes it is indeed a hammer jump. You can also dodge jump across from the wooden bridge. Also a near perfect double jump is also possible, again from the corner of the bridge.

The sound was fixed in the last version I had working. Unfortunatly I lost my unpublished content folder to a format of the machine. Had an absent minded moment that I'd set UT to behave under one directory instead of the my games folder. A costly mistake let me tell you!

I've a bit of work to do on the backup to get it back to where it was.

This map is not dead contrary to my lack of being about here ^^

I've just got to steal some time away from client work to spend on it. My optimistic goal is some time before the end of May. Thanks for the bumps and comments. It will be delivered A.S.A.P.

Comment

For me, the most played map in UT99. Always nice to switch back from UT3 to UT99, but it would be better to have this map in UT3!

Comment

So close BB... any news?

Comment

Hey M^vL.

Yes actually! I FINALLY have a working copy of the map with which I can resume the last few tweaks.

So I'll go ahead and put out one last release candidate in the next week or so and then if there's any feedback/suggestions from that I'll fix em up and release. Come hell or high water this map is coming out this month!

Comment

wow good too read your still working at this map
                        hope its final soon

Comment

Hey M^vL.

Yes actually! I FINALLY have a working copy of the map with which I can resume the last few tweaks.

So I'll go ahead and put out one last release candidate in the next week or so and then if there's any feedback/suggestions from that I'll fix em up and release. Come hell or high water this map is coming out this month!
                          Suhweeeeet!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                            So close BB... any news?
                            makes me laugh each time ..."BB"...first reflex is "Brigitte Bardot"...haha^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                              makes me laugh each time ..."BB"...first reflex is "Brigitte Bardot"...haha^^
                              LOL, Bridgette Bardot? It's comforting to know I'm not the only old guy here!

Comment

Map is looking good. Happy to see you can finish after troubles. Looking forward to playing.
                                was very fun play in ut99

Comment

Working...
                                X