No announcement yet.

DM-Malevolence [v0.9][pics][Beta 4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can easily get back the other lighting with no difficulty. the problem was that The sun set did not support the shadows. The sun would have to have been some where between mid to late afternoon for the shadowing to be believable. Thats why I opted for a new skybox and with different color lighting.

If it is not something that particularly bothers anyone one then I can set it back.

Comment

B4

After some match, this is what I found :

- The wood cracking sound is cool but it get on my nerves after 1 min of playing. Having the wood sound on the material is more than enough imho but you have the last word
      - In the Enforcer tunnel, you have big square lights underwater but there is no lighting anywhere to reflect this underwater ?
      - In the same tunnel, I saw water leak but no water sound leak ?
      - In the same tunnel again, the material under the grids on the ceiling is looking very, very poor & doesn't look as good as the other materials in this tunnel.
      - I thought I would ear some splash sound running in that tunnel, maybe I'm deaf lol
      - When your position at the vest, place yourself in the corner & look at the opposite where the rocket launcher is located, you will see the culldistance on the light cone is to aggressive.
      - The buildings outside the map are all lit at the same brightness. There is no contrast between them nor any shadows ? I didn't pay attention to that in earlier release since it was in beta stage. But now since it's in RC stage, I do pay attention. Anyway, it look odd.
      - When the ship are passing, they make a low & a loud noise. I do like the loud noise but the low frequency is imo to much. I have to reduce my bass volume like at 15% instead of 50% which is already very loud in all maps. I think you can alter some frequency in the sound editor but it depend on you.
      - The sky need to be polished but your already on it

In all, I like it but I hope those things will be addressed !

Comment

Bet you didn't expect such passionate Malevolence hounds did ya BB?

Comment

I thought I was the only one

Comment

I can't get the .ut3 file to extract from the archive, and I've downloaded it twice. Tried using winzip and 7-zip and both encounter an error on that file only.

Malevolence was my favorite map in UT, so it would be nice to try it out before it goes final.

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
              I can't get the .ut3 file to extract from the archive, and I've downloaded it twice. Tried using winzip and 7-zip and both encounter an error on that file only.

Malevolence was my favorite map in UT, so it would be nice to try it out before it goes final.
              Okay, it wasn't just me then. For some reason, I couldn't extract RC2 with 7-zip either. I could extract RC1 so go figure. I had to extract RC2 just using Windows.

Comment

http://offbeatgeek.com/files/DM-Malevolence-rc2.zip that link and download seem to work for everyone else.

I would suggest winrar by rarlabs. It is the best and it's free for personal use. that's what I used to zip it.

Comment

Weird, that would suggest a bug in WinRAR. I too was able to extract it with explorer.exe, so it seems to be invalid header data of some sort.

After playing it, the architecture is extremely well done. So here are my criticisms:
                  • Remove collision on grates; you should be able to shoot through from rockets down to ripper hallway.

• The powerup in the shock room should be damage amp, not shield belt.

• I feel like I get around too quickly; I can make it to the amp area with a double jump, and dodging from sniper platform to rockets I make it completely over the stairs, when I should be landing right on sniper ammo. Increasing scale by approx. 5-10% would fix this, and make the powerup require a wall dodge.

• If you are flush against the right wall going from mini to sniper, there is a collision bug at the corner you can get stuck on when turning the corner to sniper.

• The flak and shock rooms are ugly... perhaps because of the textures on floor and wall? Or maybe because they mostly BSP and the lighting isn't as decorative.

Great work so far, it's coming along nicely!

Comment

Hey BB, any progress? Don't let all of us posting in here jerk you around too much.

Comment

hey hey! Not a lot of movement. There's some progress. Been a little busy of late. (Taxes and other such stuff) I'll be looking to get some movement this weekend.

Comment

kewl...

Comment

Another one dragging his **** when people are waiting :-p

Comment

Any news or updates?

Comment

Now all we need is a fight against Firewall and Loque here for it to be perfect. XD

Comment

we want a final release to install it on servers !

Comment

Working...
                                X