DM-Malevolence [v0.9][pics][Beta 4]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC 2 out Now!

I'm pretty confident this will be the last beta. All of the remaining changes that I notice are cosmetic so barring any additional issues I'm confident the next release will be final

As Always I look forward to your feedback!

RC2 Changelist:
    • Added blocking volumes to all concave brushes where players frequently collide.
    • Scaled thread plate material to 0.5 to make character feel further off the ground.
    • Added SM Wooden planks to on rap to water tunnel
    • Added SM pipes details under the previously mentioned planks.(Broken pipe to act as water source)
    • Corrected Misaligned textures in Water Tunnel
    • Added underfoot lighting for water tunnel
    • Messed about with UT Billboard (just coz)
    • Added ambient sounds
    • Corrected BSP surfaces to allow Decals to work
    • Added Water emitters
    • Rearranged Tunnel Geometry
    • Added player triggered sounds
    • Added SM Drains to water Tunnel

Left To Do:
    • NICETOHAVE: Add Cheaky Shock area
    • NICETOHAVE: Moving clouds in Skybox

Download: DM-Malevolence-rc2.zip

Comment

Just gave RC2 a run, sent you a PM with my feedback on it & some issues I've found with it.

The water tunnel looks and sounds a lot better now

Wolfy

Comment

Didn't have the chance to play any maps but I'll give it a go this week.

Last release should be **** awesome

Comment

Hey BB, for some reason I'm getting an error attempting to decompress the .ut3 file on RC2. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

That's an odd error. I've just downloaded it. Extracted fine for me. Maybe the download got interrupted?

Comment

worked fine here too...

nice RC2 BTW....close to perfect remake for me

last details that i didnt found right are:

-the cracking wood noises volume is too high and have too large radius
              -the water noise is nice and fit to the waterflow coming out of the broken pipe but there s no noise coming from the water "driping" outside the pipe junctions ; a little "plip plip plop plop" can be nice and last suggestion is perhaps to add a reverb volume in that water tunnel

thx for ur work mate

Comment

Weird, I finally was able to unzip it on another computer. RC1 still unzips fine. I've unzipped 100's of files with 7-zip but for some reason it didn't like RC2.

Some RC2 testing notes:
                1) I really like the new water tunnel and the drain sounds at the end are a perfect match for the visual.
                2) The wood creaking sound was kinda fun the first couple of times but it got really annoying during battles.
                3) The floor scaling now looks correct but unfortunately it has a repetitive discoloration that makes it look a little "tiled".
                4) Nice ambient sounds additions.
                5) Some of the bricks around doorways look nearly unlit (on my puter anyway) Example: standing in the rocket launcher room but looking through the doorway to the flak cannon, the bricks around the archway are really dark.

I know you're probably getting tired of our remarks at this point but you're **** close to perfect now.

Thanks dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                  -the cracking wood noises volume is too high and have too large radius
                  Yeah that was a kismet problem which was causing the sound to play from each of the players positions I had forgotten to assign the trigger as the target under the playSound action.

So the creaking now behaves a good deal better.

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                  -the water noise is nice and fit to the waterflow coming out of the broken pipe but there s no noise coming from the water "driping" outside the pipe junctions ; a little "plip plip plop plop" can be nice and last suggestion is perhaps to add a reverb volume in that water tunnel
                  Dripping added. A reverbVolume with bathroom setting also added.

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                  Weird, I finally was able to unzip it on another computer. RC1 still unzips fine. I've unzipped 100's of files with 7-zip but for some reason it didn't like RC2.
                  That is very strange indeed, considering the only difference between RC1 zip and RC2 zip was the number two. I'll leave out the extra dots in future as see if that helps (thanks for the suggestion Mozi!)

2) The wood creaking sound was kinda fun the first couple of times but it got really annoying during battles.
                  Fixed. See above for explination

3) The floor scaling now looks correct but unfortunately it has a repetitive discoloration that makes it look a little "tiled".
                  Yeah I am looking at finding/making a different thread-plate texture.
                  5) Some of the bricks around doorways look nearly unlit (on my puter anyway) Example: standing in the rocket launcher room but looking through the doorway to the flak cannon, the bricks around the archway are really dark.
                  That is because of the strength of the sunlight and with no other ambient light around. One of the last things to do is change the sky. So I'll see about changing the ambient light.

I know you're probably getting tired of our remarks at this point but you're **** close to perfect now.
                  Never tire of constructive criticism! You guys have been a tremendous help and source of motivation. I thank you.

Almost done now folks

Comment

This mod looks great! I'll download when I get my computer repaired!

Comment

[screenshot]http://offbeatgeek.com/ld/ut3/malevolence/Malevolence_42.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://offbeatgeek.com/ld/ut3/malevolence/Malevolence_43.jpg[/screenshot]

So in an effort to change the tiled look and of the thread plate flooring I opted for newer texture with slightly increased bump mapping and specularity. I'd appreciate your thoughts on the new color. I included a close to show detail.

So which is it to be: Golden oldie or New 'n shiny?

[screenshot]http://offbeatgeek.com/ld/ut3/malevolence/Malevolence_41.jpg[/screenshot]

New skydome with moving clouds.

[screenshot]http://offbeatgeek.com/ld/ut3/malevolence/Malevolence_40.jpg[/screenshot]

Ship now with engine exhaust.

Comment

Well, both setup are fine imho.

But since you want to make the most accurate remake from the start, I'll say stay with the "oldies" BUT you can release another version with the changed materials & others things.

It is used very rarely but if you want to release another version, you can use the AE acronym which is used for Alternate Edition

I have listed a while ago the most used acronym in case your interested on my homepage

Comment

Actually thats not a half bad idea. I can have the Original flooring with the Damage amp
                          and the silver with the Shieldbelt.

Am a fair way through the last to-do list so release will be soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Barballs View Post
                            Actually thats not a half bad idea. I can have the Original flooring with the Damage amp
                            and the silver with the Shieldbelt.

Am a fair way through the last to-do list so release will be soon!
                            Indeed, that would be great

Good new to know the final is near hehehe

Comment

Nice work Barballs and steve the ideas you think of.

Comment

BB, did you change the lighting? In those screenshots it looks more blue for some reason. I actually thought you had the lighting perfect already with the sunset look. I hope I didn't screw you up by wanting moving clouds causing you to look for another sky and then change the lighting. My only contention on the sky was the skydome centerpoint was very visible through the main opening in the center of the map. It might have been possible to just use a "sheet" brush with animated cloud material. At a minimum, I think all you needed to do on the sky was obscure the skydome structure a little bit.

I've having a hard time making a decision on your floor change because the lighting looks different. The tough part is that the coloring of the other floor was perfect with the lighting you had it just had that repetitive pattern in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X