Name:
    Homer Simpson
    Version:
    Compatibility:
    PC - Latest patch
    Description:
    Homer Simpson from 'The Simpsons' 'nuff said
    Comments:
    This just a simple low poly model just to fill in time, there are 2 models: a cell shaded version and a normal version. There is also a voice pack containing around 20-30 sound files so it may get repetitive. No critiques please, I don't think I'm gonna touch this model anymore.
    Screenshot:

Too much bloom!
    Credits:
    Everything made by me
    Homepage:
    http://nightflarer.deviantart.com/
    Download:
    http://www.filefront.com/15027919/UT...r-Simpson.rar/
    Mirror:
    http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...ileinfo&id=114

I haven't posted in awhile, and I just recently remembered about this model...so I have released it now just for the sake of it, procrastination FTW! I actually kinda finished this a few months ago but forgot about it.

Whoa.. this looks pretty sweet! Will say "DOH!" at all?

Comment

Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
      Whoa.. this looks pretty sweet! Will say "DOH!" at all?
      Of course!

Comment

a ps3 cook at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Ess_Tales View Post
          a ps3 cook at all?
          I don't think its possible, cause it has custom families and custom sounds, but correct me if I'm wrong cause I'm hardly up to date with patches and such.

Comment

custom families is not possible but costum sound is look at my sig

Comment

Looks like an Area 51 version of Homer! Sadly, it dosen't work. I've installed it to the letter, and even experimented with the UTCustomChar.ini and UTGameUI.int files to no avail.

Be nice if It could be fixed, as this is partly responsible for my re-interest in UT3.

More Simpsons characters for this game would be awesome!

Syex

Comment

heres a mirror at my site
                http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...d=2536&cid=114

i installed it in published folder and works fine i didnt have to edit any ini's

Comment

Originally posted by Syex View Post
                  Looks like an Area 51 version of Homer! Sadly, it dosen't work. I've installed it to the letter, and even experimented with the UTCustomChar.ini and UTGameUI.int files to no avail.

Be nice if It could be fixed, as this is partly responsible for my re-interest in UT3.

More Simpsons characters for this game would be awesome!

Syex
                  Can you explain the "...installed it to the letter." part? You don't need to edit the .ini files it should automatically add the information when you start the game. Are you sure you've got the latest patch and everything?

Thanks unrealloco for the mirror, I shall add it to the first post.

Comment

What I meant was, I don't think I messed up putting the files in the correct places... or did I? I have the latest patch.
                    In the meantime, I'll redo everything, see what happens.

Comment

DOH! He took my flag!!!!

I wish I could play this, but I am on a crappy rented computer which can barely even run UT2004.

Comment

What I meant was, I don't think I messed up putting the files in the correct places... or did I? I have the latest patch.
                        In the meantime, I'll redo everything, see what happens.
                        Ok, ummm ill just go through wat u need to do.

Open the UT3 - Homer Simpson.rar
                        Inside that .rar file there is a folder: UT3 - Homer Simpson
                        Open that. There are 3 folders and a readme file.
                        Copy those folders to ...\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC (The folder "Documents" is called "My Documents" on XP)
                        You should be asked to merge the folders, click yes.
                        Then play UT3.

Hopefully it should work for you.

Comment

Did all that as it says, that's what I meant by the letter. It absolutely will not work. Highly frustrating.

Ok, I've had a brainwave. Remember ut99, when I first started to put models and voicepacks in the game folder there would be a limit to how many it could handle (until xbots!).

Now then, although I haven't got that many models in UT3 i'm wondering if i've exceeded the amount. I'll check that out later by removing one or two models and see if Homer works then.

Syex

Comment

Guess what, it worked! Removing one of the custom characters freed up room for Homer! So there you go, there is a limit to how many bots one can have.

Looking at my CustomChar folder, I seem to have 7 extra characters including my Ally McBeal voicepack although I'm not sure if that would affect the true number as it isn't an actual model.

So in conclusion, it appears that UT3 only supports roughly up to 7 custom characters. Ut99 had a similar problem until xbots came about. Therefore the answer is Xbots for UT3!... Anyone?

Syex

Comment

Guess what, it worked! Removing one of the custom characters freed up room for Homer! So there you go, there is a limit to how many bots one can have.

Looking at my CustomChar folder, I seem to have 7 extra characters including my Ally McBeal voicepack although I'm not sure if that would affect the true number as it isn't an actual model.

So in conclusion, it appears that UT3 only supports roughly up to 7 custom characters. Ut99 had a similar problem until xbots came about. Therefore the answer is Xbots for UT3!... Anyone?

Syex
                              Cool, that's great. I never knew UT3 had a bot limit.

Originally posted by unrealloco
                              updated my mirror to the new domain i made so change link on first post
                              Done

Comment

Working...
                              X