DM-Dolmens[final]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
    I'll test it on a dedicated server (i usually connect several client machines) to make sure everything works the way its supposed to. Will report back sometime tomorrow. I'll also look the server logs over for issues/errors.
    thx bro ;-)

Comment

Just finished testing this! --- Real fast, the sky rework looks awesome! the overall map lighting is excellent, and there were no issues on the dedicated server; i'd like to take some time to leave a detailed post when i have more time later, i have to take care of some other business so i need to run, if your not in a super hurry to release this i'll post more at the end of the weekend or later tonight.

Comment

np mate i m busy on ctf version
        thx for testing and for nice comments

Comment

just played your last baby, nice map, cool ambience, fun to play even if I'm not a fan of flying monkey map lol
          just only thing, I found there is not enough health on the 2 first levels (from the bottom), dificult to stay alive here across the shock gun and riffle fire, **** !!

gj bro

Comment

thx mate and 100 % agree; i have note that too while building the CTF version and it ll be add in the final

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
              thx mate and 100 % agree; i have note that too while building the CTF version and it ll be add in the final
              Ok
              And just a last comment, this one get a visual really solid and well polished (border, alignement...). Think you have respect the rules of constructions on this one, you know what I mind lol, good build

Comment

haha yes i know

Comment

OK Real fast:

Hopefully this isn't being petty but its something that jumped out at me and since nothing else really did after your updates i figured i better mention it.

The textures look too stretched on the boxes; doesn't quite look right, (not sure if its a mesh or a brush) can you improve this? it doesn't do the rest of the map justice, also the Sniper pickup spawns are floating slightly off the ground.

P.S. exactly what does the dodgejump mutator do? i really wasn't able to see a huge difference with the mutator enabled, maybe i'm just not using it right? not familiar with this one bro.

P.S.S. on the CTF version have you considered making it reversed? I think that would be slick, and where will you place the flags? hopefully in the middle level, so its not too tough of a fight to get back to the top and you don't have to go all the way to the lowest level, also i suggest several additional bridges (to the top stones at least) and perhaps some jump-pad tweaks.

I suggestively recommend not to anticipate or expect for the map play function to rely to heavily on a separate mutator. ETA: dodgejump.

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                    Ok
                    And just a last comment, this one get a visual really solid and well polished (border, alignement...). Think you have respect the rules of constructions on this one, you know what I mind lol, good build
                    Good luck with that when you get into more complex shapes, sizes, combination, & geometries.

I know what you mean (in a perfect world i'd align everything exact) - i've had to accept that it's a very flawed world bro.

Comment

thx mate i ll try to fix all that

and for the ctf , i have extended it ;add several jumpadds; replaced all the items ; backed the grav to normal and i m actually on "triming" & meshing part ; gameplay is completed and work well for me; i ll post a link to the alpha on UOF l8r

the dodgemut allow u to "dodge and jump" and to "doublejump and walldodge"...lol u ll laugh i play always with it and and dont really know ...it s not really a mutator for me .............ops.............what i know is that it allow u to do longer jumps

Comment

This map is the awesome lovechild of SpaceNoxx and Morbias . I was surprised how polished this was for a beta - great job. The only thing I wish is that it was a little bit brighter lit since it is hard to see enemies quite often. Keep up the good work.

Comment

thx bro; check the final section; i forgot to link from here

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=709082

Comment

Working...
                          X