X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Dolmens[final]

DM-Dolmens

2 to 12 players

To be abble to install their regenerators and teleporters close to a unstable magnetic area, the Liandri have build this structure with a mix of stones collected all around the galaxy and with powerfull magnetism.Though the unstability of the area was so huge that several fighters have die during the teleportation process.After some addaptations the Liandri have decide to remove the teleporters and to give back this arena to the tournament...

Credits:

Thx to the UOF brothers : Diesalot, Lord Porksword, Nova, Odedge, Stevelois, 1xTrEmE, Rulaman & Zerglings for motivation, advices, friendship and betatesting. Special Thx to Lord PorkSword for the Hubble Textures "addaptation"; credits to DJFrakture for the Foregone Remix and of course to the original author; hubblesite.org for their sky pictures
    ...and my family for their patience...

Comments:

I tryed to keep the level simple (meshing & lighting) as it will be a part of a huge map
    though i tryed to keep it eyecandy from the playable area
    Z-Axis map & "old style"

Pictures:

final:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=709082

hey, another one, you're unstoppable bro

looks promessive...but you will probably have a ton of comments like "the parallel layout for a DM, I'm not shure..." lol just answer you have planed to make a CTF or GREED version after and that's ok !!

keep it up !

Comment

Wow, looking good buddy!

Also from the shape of this map, it looks as though it might have some CTF potential as well.

Comment

thx mates and yup....ctf is the next step

Comment

I like the architecture and there's a nice mix of normal and z-axis gameplay!

Comment

thx for taking the time to try it mick , for the comments & for the skytextures "revamping"

Comment

Yup, gonna test this for you as well bro. I'll I see this is a release candidate, even so; i'll be sure to get back to ya. Like i said before the layout looks like a perfect candidate for CTF "CE-style" setup as well based on the screens alone.

Comment

thx my friend

Comment

Hey mate. I will try this today sometime. Looking good.

Comment

thx dies ; i ll probably need basic tips from you about conveting a DM level to a CTF one

Comment

Did some basic testing, first impression was very good, I like the foregone destruction remix, layout kicks A$$, there are some neat features, like the propulsion rockets, the meshes on your distant deco need adjustments to remove the tearing (look at it with the sniper scope) the bright nebula is a little much for me, (birghtness & busywise) otherwise i'm digging the space scene.

You absolutely need a CTF version for this map and i'm actually thinking that reversed flags would be the way to go (give that some thought) and possibly crank the gravity back to stock, CTF requires lots of fast dodging when carrying the flag would be the main reason, the lower grav might cause to much of a float effect for that. OK i'll have more for ya later.

Comment

thx for feedback mate and ok for the ctf with normal grav...i agree bout the limited dodging possiblities under low grav

Comment

Bump!
                          Picts & link updated to RCF in first post

as i m satisfed with the visuals and the gameplay so if noone find anykind of bug...it ll go final in some days

Comment

I'll be waiting for the final I might just run the map once more to check

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                              Bump!
                              Picts & link updated to RCF in first post

as i m satisfed with the visuals and the gameplay so if noone find anykind of bug...it ll go final in some days
                              I'll test it on a dedicated server (i usually connect several client machines) to make sure everything works the way its supposed to. Will report back sometime tomorrow. I'll also look the server logs over for issues/errors.

Comment

Working...
                              X