X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, I saw this movie xD
    Nice detail on the map too

Comment

time does fly There's stuff I was working on then that's gone unfinished.

I thought I'd have more to report. When I loaded it up it murdered my framerate, and a few meshes weren't rendering right (more as the match went on). I must have had something else running (starcraft maybe?) cause it runs fine now, and no technicolor meshes. So a bunch of screenshots I took are superfluous now

I'm left with a few small quibbles visually. I've noticed a couple meshes with low rez, blurry textures. One more than the other:

Also, there are a couple places (like the main room in the middle) with a slightly warmer lighting to them. This is fine, it's just the transitions. Like going from the front hallway into the main room, the warmer lighting fades in. Going the other way though, it goes from warmer lighting to colder instantly and is rather jarring (see it going from here to here:

I hadn't even noticed a transition going in. Going out though.. would be nice if it faded in both directions

Overall very nice looking. And I am super pleased it runs so well, especially after I had resigned myself to thinking going to run slow (but at least looked awesome) thanks to whatever I was running in the background the first time

Side note: I've started it in Instant Action four times now with no bots, and I've started in the same place each time. Is this normal? Don't remember it happening with other maps. Hopefully starting positions are randomized for multiplayer. I'll find out of course.

Comment

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
        time does fly There's stuff I was working on then that's gone unfinished.

I thought I'd have more to report. When I loaded it up it murdered my framerate, and a few meshes weren't rendering right (more as the match went on). I must have had something else running (starcraft maybe?) cause it runs fine now, and no technicolor meshes. So a bunch of screenshots I took are superfluous now

I'm left with a few small quibbles visually. I've noticed a couple meshes with low rez, blurry textures. One more than the other:

Also, there are a couple places (like the main room in the middle) with a slightly warmer lighting to them. This is fine, it's just the transitions. Like going from the front hallway into the main room, the warmer lighting fades in. Going the other way though, it goes from warmer lighting to colder instantly and is rather jarring (see it going from here to here:

I hadn't even noticed a transition going in. Going out though.. would be nice if it faded in both directions

Overall very nice looking. And I am super pleased it runs so well, especially after I had resigned myself to thinking going to run slow (but at least looked awesome) thanks to whatever I was running in the background the first time

Side note: I've started it in Instant Action four times now with no bots, and I've started in the same place each time. Is this normal? Don't remember it happening with other maps. Hopefully starting positions are randomized for multiplayer. I'll find out of course.
        Ahh this is fantastic feedback, thankyou MamiyaOtaru! If others could give me contructive feedback like this on issues it'd be great

Right regarding your comments - you scared me for a second saying it ran slow because i sometimes find it a little laggy looking toward the bathhouse and i have a good rig, so i cant always tell how others will cope. Iv done as much as my UT3 knowledge will allow in an effort to optimise, such as blacking out back surfaces, adding cull distance volumes and such. Hope it stays smooth for you. Its good for me atm.

Anyhow onto the issues, that low-res branch is actually from the massive tree that grows in the atrium, hence its lack of detail. When i put it in i found it annoyingly sticking through in places, but iv tried to make it look natural - such as the other place in the bathing area where its coming out of rubbish (but you can run up it and it makes a good ladder) so im afraid not much i can do about that. Same goes for the pillar, its a bit more low detail because they have to be big - i suppose i could stack it but then it would look flatter and repeated. What do you think?

As for the lighting jarring, that happens when moving from one postprocessing volume to the next, and it annoys me too that it only fades smoothly in one direction! If anyone knows a soft solution to this please let me know - or so u can make it fade both ways.

Thanks again for the feedback, if got afew known issues too:

1: The statue bases in the sniper room need collision.
        2: Bots get stuck in the water in the kitchen and atrium.
        3: Bots get stuck on the armour between the water wheels.
        4: Dont know how to make the bots use the raptor properly instead of ramming it into the bathhouse.

What did you think of the gameplay?

Comment

oh yeah, one other thing. Flying the raptor around is mostly fine, but there is one invisible wall a little closer than I would have liked:

Mostly noticed as I tried to get a panoramic shot. Don't know how much it would come up in gameplay, but I was surprised I couldn't go around that particular outcropping. Never bumped into any other walls, it was just that one that seemed a little constraining.

Anyway, I'll get back to you on gameplay. I was mostly watching the visuals No dead ends, so that's cool. Still running smoothly btw

Comment

Cheers MamiyaOtaru, ill start work on the suggestions of yours that i can tomorrow, (ill move that invisible wall back abit and look for away to smooth the post processing change)

Will also fix the problems i've found to the best of my ability, and after afew more people (please!) have downloaded and commented and i've double checked the map ill release beta2.

If anyone could help me with the bots using the raptor properly and slow merging post process volumes i'd appreciate that.

Comment

Hi all,

The second version of this map is now available on the first page to download. Made some nice little changes and optimisations and its a blast to play! Please id love to hear more comments.

Here's a couple more screenshots:

Jon

Comment

I got the dedicated server testing duty covered on this bad boy. I'll do what i can to help otherwise as well, i should have time to test and provide results and feedback it in the coming days or after the weekend for sure.

Looks good Jonny, based on the screens alone it appears to be top notch next-gen quality or better.

Comment

Getting a friend to DL this will get him involved in some testing.

As for glitches, I've clipped through one door. There's a solid wall behind it, so it's only a visual glitch. will post a screenie in a bit

Comment

looks nice, very atmospheric map

Just a thing, by looking this picture :
                    [screenshot]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7950/spiritedawayshot5.jpg[/screenshot]

This pipe looks out of place and not according to the theme imo.

Comment

Bumping for feedback, would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comment

played some MP with it last night. Only 2 of us unfortunately so we filled it in with some bots. It's huge of course. In game, to get from one part to another generally happens by dying and respawning instead of traveling normally

Only complaint is that it is very difficult to get out of the water with the large double waterwheel. I could only do it by standing on the spokes of the wheel and letting it carry me upward, though in the back section you have to jump to some ledge then to the walkway and that's still tough. Basically if you fall into there in the course of a match you better hope someone comes along and shoots you

Comment

Thanks for the input, and a long awaited BUMP!

I'd love this map to get more feedback, but if it doesn't I will have to release it soon and see what everyone thinks, as i'm sure more people look at the finished maps section.

Comment

What kind feeback do you need if I can help you?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                              What of kind feeback do you need if I can help you?
                              Hey, just general stuff like, bits you do/don't like when playing, etc. Its neally ready to release as a final version, and i will upload beta 3 today if i can, which has afew extra changes to it.

Thanks

Comment

BUMP

Beta 3 now uploaded and ready for testing. Play away!

Comment

Working...
                                X