Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

GRD-Terminal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRD-Terminal

Name:GRD-Terminal

Version:Beta 1.0

Compatibility:PC and PS3

Description:Small Greed map in an abandoned Terminal. This is NOT a CTF map, Greed only.

Download:

PC. http://www.mediafire.com/?myy0lzunt0m

PS3. http://www.mediafire.com/?u2y5j21y23z

lol...diesalot the map mashine!

looks really good m8....like always!

thx for that other one....D/L

Comment

Cool, I need more Greed specific maps to play. Overall, I liked it with a few suggestions. Also keep in mind that computer may have some issues which are effecting UT 3's game performance. It seems that most maps are running a bit slower in the FPS department.

1. Not a fan of having the same ammo next to the matching weapon pickup.

2. I like the new lifts/route to the bridge. The bottom of the lifts are really dark though. I think you are using dynamic lighting because I notice a change in my frame rates (plus I am running FRAPS). Maybe using the "Light Environment" option for the lift will solve both problems, though you won't have those cool shadows on them.

3. When I am outside by the conduits looking across the map, my frame rates are in the low 30s. Again, could partially be due to my computer's current condition, but this area might need some more optimization? Maybe a little less rain?

4. Seeing how I will always be playing this game with bots (even when I play with my friend), I really don't like the moving train for a couple of reasons. First, it's almost impossible to tell when it's coming (if the train tracks had that "electricity" effect a few seconds before the train came by, that would help.

Secondly (and more importantly), the bots can't tell when the train is coming, so they die a lot. Also, when they do die, will the skulls be thrown down the tunnel (or is there a blocking volume to stop them).

While you can use the upper "bridge" (which I like), the bots don't know this and that will really effect playing it offline. If the bots could some how be warned that the train is coming, then it would be fine. For what it's worth, this is a important aspect of the map.

5. One time a bot shot some bio goo and it stuck to something underneath the new bridge (an invisible mesh).

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi mate

1. Agreed. Ill move some around.

2.Im using normal lighting, do you mean the underside of the lifts? They would be dark.

3.I was thinking of killing the rain coz its jumpy on my old PC too.

4.The large effects start a second or too before the train comes and the spark sounds too. Its not enough?
        I dont know how to get the bots to avoid the train. I even attached a dynamic blocking volume to it and they still try to jump through.

5. I will check this out.

Exellent feedback mate I will try with the bots but it will be trial and error.

Comment

perpahs u can let the map play without rain and have an "anim":
          after the match a big noisy rain while watching the scores...np if it affect the fps at this moment and u ll be abble to make justice to yer work on rain

Comment

I have made an emitter to simulate the rain which is far better framerates, so i may use it instead.

Comment

Originally posted by diesalot View Post
              2.Im using normal lighting, do you mean the underside of the lifts? They would be dark.
              How are you lighting the lifts? You can't do that with standard lighting at it doesn't effect movers, right? Did you enabled the dynamic channel for some of the lighting? I know the underside should be darker than the top, but I can't even see the meshes textures that well.

4.The large effects start a second or too before the train comes and the spark sounds too. Its not enough?
              I dont know how to get the bots to avoid the train. I even attached a dynamic blocking volume to it and they still try to jump through.
              I never really "tested" the sparks. But when it comes down to it, the train killing you is a very big risk for something some standard to the game mode, which is scoring the skulls. In the DM version, it made more sense as you were trying to get the Udamage pickups, so the risk vs reward was better balanced.

I have made an emitter to simulate the rain which is far better framerates, so i may use it instead.
              Shouldn't using emitters actually stress out the computer even more? I haven't looked at the map in the editor, but maybe just have less meshes would be better. Maybe that will make it look like it's drizzling rain instead of pouring rain.

Comment

Yep. You were right the lifts had dynamic enabled, now my cool shadows are gone.

I see your point for greed gameplay. Maybe ill just put it in DM version.

When i tryed the emitters it played smoother for me, I will send you a trial when i get done mate.

Comment

Yep. You were right the lifts had dynamic enabled, now my cool shadows are gone.
                  Ha! And I didn't even look at the map in the editor. You can still have fake shadows cast below the lift with the light environment section. Performance matters when you actually play the map.

Comment

Working...
                  X