DM-Beyond Reality [Final has been released]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Map has gone final. Thanks for everyone who took the time to test the map and give me their feedback, especially my fellow UOF mappers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I am the only supporter of mods for the PS3. I actually like the PS3 version but it is getting even more frustrating dealing with it. No log screen to tell whats going on with it (90% the same engine/stuff, you think the cross over would be smoother). Just PM and I will give the maps a go. Maybe for the greed conversion have extra scoring stations on the elevated jump pads. Bots use those quite a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
    The PS3 version works fine, no problems. For such a small size this is a great map. Love the green slinky jump pads. And the "Udamage available" speech is good. Some of the midair jumppad look like you are going to bounce at 45degress but then you get kicked backwards. Hard to turn around in time. No big deal though.

Beyond Reality

Thread voting is disabled on everything now?
    Thanks for your feedback. Do you mind if I just ask you in PMs to test the PS3 version of my map. I used to ask The Demon Slick and I am sure he would still do that, but he seems to be playing the PC version now. You seem to be the biggest supporter of mods for the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The PS3 version works fine, no problems. For such a small size this is a great map. Love the green slinky jump pads. And the "Udamage available" speech is good. Some of the midair jumppad look like you are going to bounce at 45degress but then you get kicked backwards. Hard to turn around in time. No big deal though.

Beyond Reality

Thread voting is disabled on everything now?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    Just to tell I have test some stuffs with kismet without any results...
    Thanks for taking the time trying. After looking at CarbonFire and Biohazard, neither of them have it set up for the bots to use the "traps" in each map. If Epic didn't/couldn't do it, I think it might not be able to work (outside of scripting)

Otherwise, I have play it, nothing wrong, gameplay is fun, just one or two jumpads who don't lead you at the good spot sometime (I will tell you what jumpad exaclty later, I'm not in front of my computer now...) And I like your jumpad visual work
    Thanks for the comments. The jump pads that lead to the redeemer are a bit tricky, if you walk on the first pad fairly in the middle, you should reach it to the top. If you jump before landing on the pad, you may miss it. There isn't anyways I know to make it 100 fool proof. I can just tell you that they are better than before.

Originally posted by diesalot View Post
    I noticed the thing with the jumpads too but only the little ones in the center. Apart from the odd suicidal bot, no problems mate.
    All of the "normal" jump pads (the ones that don't take you to another jump pad, should work fine. I gave them more air control so you can adjust your landing. If you take the jump pad from the lower to the lower levels (with out grabbing the armor), if you move to one side, you may miss the platform, but that's not my fault.

The bots have a special power that enables them to immediately stop in the middle of the jump, then drop down. Sometimes they do this and land on another jump pad, which is sort of cool. Sometimes, they will do that in between the two fighting areas and fall to their death, blame Epic's AI department.

Greed version please
    I guess it couldn't hurt. I though the fact that many may fall off the platforms would cause problems, but it's an easy enough conversion, so why not. Having the conduits where the Udamage is, would make the most sense. Then I could place the Udamage up where the Redeemer is (the redeemer would make the skulls go flying into space).

While I am at it, why not a CTF since there is one in Quake Live.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I noticed the thing with the jumpads too but only the little ones in the center. Apart from the odd suicidal bot, no problems mate.
    Good fast gameplay, nice lighting and particle effects.
    Exellent job

Greed version please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to tell I have test some stuffs with kismet without any results...

Otherwise, I have play it, nothing wrong, gameplay is fun, just one or two jumpads who don't lead you at the good spot sometime (I will tell you what jumpad exaclty later, I'm not in front of my computer now...) And I like your jumpad visual work

bye !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thanubis
    Today was my map testing day. I played it even though it's like the sixth remake of the same map I've already played. Unsurprisingly, I still don't like it. I didn't notice anything wrong with it and it looks great, but I just don't care for these "floating island" type maps.
    I can understand you not liking this type of map and appreciate you trying it out. The only one I have seen didn't work right and I was in the mood to do this type of map.

BTW, what is UOF? I've seen it mentioned before but I have no idea what it is. Google only gave me hundreds of links to various Universities, and I'm sure it isn't a school.
    It's a forum that some friends and I belong to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, for the udamage thing, I presume they collect it sometime, it's just that I never saw them while I was playing. I even stand there like 1-2 mins waiting for an opponent but in vain. Are you aware you can force paths if needed ? Because it does make a difference

I didn't know about the red target. I was trying to shoot the red turning thing lol Next time, I'll take less time to aim

It would be nice if Seb could help you out. Ho well, maybe he will appear after my post..................... pouf ! (come on, appear **** it ! )

Well, I do like low gravity maps also, so it make us 2 lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    Nice use of mesh & the lighting. It's very "soft" if I can say it that way. Everything is very harmonious together. The custom jumpads are also really great !
    Thanks. I was happy when I learned how to create "custom" particle effects.

- Bots don't collect the udamage.
    I have noticed they tend to ignore it more often than not. They can collect it as the paths are there, but I wonder if think the trip is too dangerous? Though they do go to the Redeemer platform enough.

- The trigger thing that "splat" the player is a bit tiny for me. I'm not a precise player so trying to shoot the triger while moving is almost impossible for me. But it's only me so...
    I hear ya, but I wonted it something you have to actually aim for. You don't have to hit the red part, but the circle around it. I just added the red part so it stands out a bit. It's meant to be hit more by the sniper and shock rifle more than any other weapon. Since you only need to hit it once, it has to be harder to hit.

- The yellow sun in space doesn't really look nice. I mean, it's not bad but by using some great hubbles from Lord new pack, you can add others that are much nicer. Not that I don't like the sky but it can have a bit more deco.
    I hear ya too. I guess I just don't get how to make a really nice one. I do want the sun in there and have basically used some of the elements from Deimos, just not very well.

That is all mate, great job !
    Thanks for checking it out. I will finish it up this week and have it ready for next weekend, for what it's worth. I may not be able to figure out the Kismet problem, but ohh well (looks around for Sebastien ).

I may try a lower gravity to satisfy people like Lord_PorkSword who just can't get enough of those types of maps. It won't be too low because I also want to play it too!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well dude, I finally played it.

Very simple & very fun map

All items (weapon pickups, ammo, health, etc) are well placed & balanced. It's fast & furious !

Nice use of mesh & the lighting. It's very "soft" if I can say it that way. Everything is very harmonious together. The custom jumpads are also really great !

Sounds was fine & I like the femele announcer, always find it very sexy

I didn't encounter any issues mate. It just flows right Only small things that I notice but they're aren't bugs or issues after a round of 50 points is :

- Bots don't collect the udamage.
    - The trigger thing that "splat" the player is a bit tiny for me. I'm not a precise player so trying to shoot the triger while moving is almost impossible for me. But it's only me so...
    - The yellow sun in space doesn't really look nice. I mean, it's not bad but by using some great hubbles from Lord new pack, you can add others that are much nicer. Not that I don't like the sky but it can have a bit more deco.

That is all mate, great job !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey mate. If your not getting feedback take it as a good sign. Its already had its *** tested off so Final release it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
    Maybe script it like
    Player A uses jump pad to Redeemer platform
    Player B moves into closest position to fire upon trigger, switches weapon to Enforcer, Shock Rifle or Sniper Rifle and fires at the trigger until Player A leaves the platform.
    I don't want bots to "know" that the player is up on the platform just because they used a jump pad. I can set it up so the bots shoot at the trigger when a player is on the platform, but that's too easy for the bots.

How about naming the map Beyond Unreality?
    Hmm, that's an idea...

p.s. Has anyone even played the map (besides my UOF friends) or they just looking at the pictures?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe script it like
    Player A uses jump pad to Redeemer platform
    Player B moves into closest position to fire upon trigger, switches weapon to Enforcer, Shock Rifle or Sniper Rifle and fires at the trigger until Player A leaves the platform.

A good dueler is always aware of an opponent going for the super weapon.

Godlike bots should be able to figure this out by themselves. Try scripting it the same way as Pressure.

How about naming the map Beyond Unreality?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    I want this...

Player is standing in trigger volume AND bots sees player (while he is in the trigger volume). Bot then fires at interpactor. If bot hits interpactor, player will die. If it can be done, it would be even better to have it be random (whether or not bot fires at player or interpactor).
    it's more clear, ok

Leave a comment:

Working...
X