X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Beyond Reality [Final has been released]

Name: DM-Beyond Reality [Qualke Live Remake]
    Version: Beta 1
    Compatibility: Cooked with 2.1 (Titan pack NOT required)

Description: A floating arena map based on a Quake Live map. There are 2 main platforms where most of the fighting takes place. One platform for the Udmage and another for the Redemmer (but watch out above your head).

Comments: Quake maps have always been fun to play and I wanted to bring their brand of fun to UT 3. There have been small changes to the map compared to the original. Main difference is that it's a bit bigger to allow for dodging and the lower platforms have been widen and an additional jump pad added.

Know Issues
    1. Preview pic will be added for final.
    2. Anyone know of any good "blood stains" that I can use?
    3. Bots don't shoot the trigger to kill players on the Redeemer platform. I don't know how to add that function in Kismet, if you do, please let me know.
    4. I have 3 name possibilities for the map. please vote for your favorite.

Credits: Epic for the editor and assets, ID Games for the original design, assorted forums member which will be listed in detail for the final for testing and suggestions.
    Homepage: Odedge.com

Download:

See final thread for download info.

Screenshot:
    [shot]http://www.odedge.com/forums/ut3_dm-beyondreality_beta_pic_1.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.odedge.com/forums/ut3_dm-beyondreality_beta_pic_2.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.odedge.com/forums/ut3_dm-beyondreality_beta_pic_3.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://www.odedge.com/forums/ut3_dm-beyondreality_beta_pic_4.jpg[/shot]

It's a very nice map. Haven't played the original, but it seems to be heavily based on "the very end of you" map from Quake 3.
    I'm not sure why you put it in the beta section, it seems finished to me.

Comment

yup nice job mate
      the pillars/columns looks really nice now ; and that blue cross is good idea; it gives some nice colors to the floor

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
        It's a very nice map. Haven't played the original, but it seems to be heavily based on "the very end of you" map from Quake 3.
        Thanks. I think "the very end of you" is the same as "beyond reality" in Quake Live and it's heavily based on the Quake Live version.

Although my beta versions are fairly polished to begin with (it's already been through a "private" beta run), you never know what can be missed or even added. I also need to try and figure out the Kismet issue. So hopefully some one can help out.

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
        yup nice job mate
        the pillars/columns looks really nice now ; and that blue cross is good idea; it gives some nice colors to the floor
        Thanks. I didn't like the blue columns at first, but they grew on me. The cool thing is that you can change the material to any color you wanted, just check out the Udamage sequence now for a sample.

Comment

Very nice mate.
          Seb nova knows a lot of kismit but hes not been around much.
          As to blood stains, take some stock bot blood stains and create a new decal material.
          That should work.

Comment

This reminds me a remake of Xaero Gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
              ....because it s unacceptabble for him to not betatest this map.....he betatest all ! and always....muhahaha

Comment

love this Q3 map, the color sheme looks very great and the sky sphere too.
                looks a great remake Odedge

Comment

Originally posted by diesalot View Post
                  Very nice mate.
                  Seb nova knows a lot of kismit but hes not been around much.
                  Ironically enough, he just posted in the thread!

As to blood stains, take some stock bot blood stains and create a new decal material.
                  That should work.
                  Do you know where they are located? I have only found 1 blood stain texture and it looked very bad.

Originally posted by Matsilagi View Post
                  This reminds me a remake of Xaero Gravity.
                  The last level in the Quake 3 single player, which I believe you fight Xaero? is essentially the same level. I don't know what changes they made to it for Quake Live, besides the quality of textures.

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                  ....because it unacceptabble for him to not betatest this map.....he betatest all ! and always....muhahaha
                  Bl!tz knows me too well. I have a problem and it's called "betatesteverything".

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                  love this Q3 map, the color sheme looks very great and the sky sphere too.
                  looks a great remake Odedge
                  Good to see you around Seb, missed your presence on the forums and your maps. Any chance you remember some of that Kismet knowledge?

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                    Do you know where they are located? I have only found 1 blood stain texture and it looked very bad.
                    http://www.cgtextures.com/ and go to the splatter section

The only problem with these splatters is that they are too bright red, so if you decide to use these you might want to edit them a little bit.

You'll need to make a free account to use these textures.

Comment

Hey dude,

I already post on UOF but I just want to say that it look very polished

I'm going rather well but I must evacuate, you know...

Anyway, will try it ASAP.

Bye.

Comment

Ironically enough, he just posted in the thread!
                        I don't see the post of diesalot sorry lol

Good to see you around Seb, missed your presence on the forums and your maps. Any chance you remember some of that Kismet knowledge?
                        humm, Maybe, what you want done exactly?

edit : I just read your first post lol, ok, I never put my fingers on that kind of stuff on kismet, but I can try, i give you some feedback later

Comment

humm, Maybe, what you want done exactly?

edit : I just read your first post lol, ok, I never put my fingers on that kind of stuff on kismet, but I can try, i give you some feedback later
                          Thanks. This is the thread I created for the Kismet question. There is a "See Enemy" option, but I never got it to work.

Comment

Thanks. This is the thread I created for the Kismet question. There is a "See Enemy" option, but I never got it to work.
                            Ok, I just read your post, so you want bot shoot on a trigger volume where the player is, and so an interpactor kill the player who standing at this place, ok?

look not easy on a first tough, i will think to that and make some test...

Comment

Ok, I just read your post, so you want bot shoot on a trigger volume where the player is, and so an interpactor kill the player who standing at this place, ok?

look not easy on a first tough, i will think to that and make some test...
                              I want this...

Player is standing in trigger volume AND bots sees player (while he is in the trigger volume). Bot then fires at interpactor. If bot hits interpactor, player will die. If it can be done, it would be even better to have it be random (whether or not bot fires at player or interpactor).

Comment

Working...
                              X