• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atom Ripper

Name: Atom Ripper
    Version: 1
    Compatibility: UT3
    Description: A very power sniper rifle-like weapon that spawns a blackhole. After a while, the blackhole explodes in a fiery mushroom cloud.
    Comments: You can use the 'UTWeaponAtomRipper' Mutator which replaces the redeemer; or you can also use the weapon replacer that comes with the game.
    How to use:
    Aim at the spot you which to shoot, then hold the fire button down until the weapon charges and fires. (Just like the Ion Painter in UT2k4)
    Screenshots:

Known Issues & Bugs:
    1.Gravity may not work if aimed at a complex mesh.
    2.Explosion fx may cause lag.
    3.Blackhole doesn't lift things off the ground.
    4.Explosion sound is delay when far from it.
    5.Doesn't have impact sound.(Still working one it)
    6.Cheesy name for weapon...
    Credits: PyroPhreak(Ace08)

Download:
    FileFront
    FilePlanet

First off, nice work! It looks awesome. As for the "bug" about delayed sound, you should keep it that way as speed of light is faster than speed of sound, thats if the ratio in game is near that of real life. And is it cooked for the PS3/ I would really hope so!

Comment

I've tested your weapon. Nice concept

I've found the following main issues:

1. The bots have no idea, what they have to do with this weapon ! (Screenshot)

2. My log-file has a size of 42MB after testing with lines like this:
      Code:
      ScriptLog: START MATCH
      ScriptLog:   Num Matches Played: 0
      ScriptWarning: UTWeap_AtomRipper DM-INV-LavaGiantClassic2K9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UTWeap_AtomRipper_0 (Function AtomRipper.UTWeap_AtomRipper:PostBeginPlay:001C) Accessed None 'Instigator'
      Log: AttachComponentToSocket : Could not find socket 'PowerEffectSocket' in WP_SniperRifle.Mesh.SK_WP_SniperRifle_3P_Mid  attaching: ParticleSystemComponent_15
      Log: AttachComponentToSocket : Could not find socket 'PowerEffectSocket' in WP_SniperRifle.Mesh.SK_WP_SniperRifle_1P  attaching: ParticleSystemComponent_14
      ScriptWarning: AtomRipper_Attachment DM-INV-LavaGiantClassic2K9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AtomRipper_Attachment_0 (Function AtomRipper.AtomRipper_Attachment:KillEndpointEffect:0044) Accessed None 'BeamLight'
      ScriptWarning: AtomRipper_Attachment DM-INV-LavaGiantClassic2K9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AtomRipper_Attachment_0 (Function AtomRipper.AtomRipper_Attachment:HideEmitter:00BC) Accessed None 'BeamLight'
      ScriptWarning: AtomRipper_Attachment DM-INV-LavaGiantClassic2K9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AtomRipper_Attachment_0 (Function AtomRipper.AtomRipper_Attachment:KillEndpointEffect:0044) Accessed None 'BeamLight'
      ScriptWarning: AtomRipper_Attachment DM-INV-LavaGiantClassic2K9.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.AtomRipper_Attachment_0 (Function AtomRipper.AtomRipper_Attachment:HideEmitter:00BC) Accessed None 'BeamLight'
      3. The >AtomicMushroom< is black, I can't see him on my map with black skydome.

6.Cheesy name for weapon...
      Whats about >AtomicSniper< ?

Keep up the good work !

Comment

I'll try to work on those sometime. Hopefully it will be fine for now, but let me know if you spot anymore bugs.

Comment

Very nice weapon - one of the best I've seen as of yet. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by TubeJuice View Post
            Why thanks I just hope that someone will use the weapon in their server.

Comment

Originally posted by TubeJuice View Post
              Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
              Why thanks I just hope that someone will use the weapon in their server.
              I'm still waiting for an update.....

Comment

Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                I'm still waiting for an update.....
                I may get to that later though...In the meantime, report any bugs for me to fix until then.

Comment

heres a mirror at my site http://wickedhq.com/index.php?option...fileinfo&id=45

Comment

Originally posted by unrealloco View Post
                    The link is broken.

Comment

try again i recently added another domain name so if you see a link with
                      http://files.wickedinsanegaming.com

change to
                      http://wickedhq.com

and the link will work i fixed my post above
                      i have a post about it here
                      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?p=27102743

Comment

This is A grade a weapon! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I thank you all for your generous support for this!

Comment

sexy this weapon)

Comment

Working...
                            X