Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Archive[BETA][Pics][Download]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Archive[BETA][Pics][Download]

Name: CTF-Archive
    Version: Beta
    Compatibility: 2.1 + Titan Expansion
    Description: A small, fast paced CTF map that focuses on speed, accuracy, and deception! Clever use of the translocator means the difference between victory and defeat.
    Comments: My first CTF map, and I wanted to focus on gameplay here. I blocked in an alpha and added all necessary items for testing, and since I liked how it played, I moved on. About 18-20 hours later, I had it ready for beta. This most recent episode I am considering completed as I can't really find much else to do to it. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!
    Credits: Thanks EPIC for the assets, but once again, design is all me.
    Homepage: None, yet...
    Download:Filefront http://www.filefront.com/14956439/CTF-ArchiveFinal.zip/

Screenshot:
    [shot]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd213/oddman08/Archive1.jpg[/shot][shot]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd213/oddman08/Archive2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd213/oddman08/Archive3.jpg[/shot][shot]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd213/oddman08/Archive4.jpg[/shot]

Update: Most recent version uploaded.

Peace,
    HC

Look nice for a first I try out for ya and give feedback later.

Comment

Thanks, that'd be awesome.

Comment

Let me offer my .02

I'd like to suggest that if you could try to also imagine instagib players on this map who will not be using the translocator. IG players like small to medium fast action maps specifically because they do not use the translocator and are more into action than a log jog across huge landscapes. There are also weapons players who disable the translocator, its something to keep in mind any way.

The screens look good.

Comment

Well the translocator isn't exactly necessary for this map (I like to think that it just adds another layer of strategy), and this map is very small. But, I see what you are saying and I will keep it in mind, especially because i didn't know about it before. Thanks!

Comment

Good little CTF map......one thing I didn't like was the glass walls.

Comment

Good deal .....

I know what you mean, and adding the strategic depth into map design is always a plus IMO, i'm glad that your willing to be considerate of the different mods and preferences that can/will be potentially used, especially on CTF maps, they have a higher skill set for choke points and strategy all together, vs. merely controlling power-ups. (in other words players can't just camp by their favorite powerup or weapon)

I'll download this and test it sometime in the coming days, i'm trying to multitask between working on CTF-Rainbase, responding to posts, check email, etc.

Also;
              As long as you do not rush your map for a hurried release and you work it until your at least 3/4 satisfied (most of us are never completely satisfied) then you should end up with a good finished product.

Comment

Ok, just wait until the weekend when I can update it. Even the minor fixes (listed above) that I made make it all the better. Much appreciated.

Comment

Another good looking map.
                  I found one play problem though and that is the bots sometimes end up in a huddle behind the archive console. Mainly seems to happen on the blue side of the map for some reason (?)
                  A bit more decoration of the spawn rooms might be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TIPPER View Post
                    Another good looking map.
                    I found one play problem though and that is the bots sometimes end up in a huddle behind the archive console. Mainly seems to happen on the blue side of the map for some reason (?)
                    A bit more decoration of the spawn rooms might be nice.

Yes I noticed that too, and I have addressed that problem by adjusting the pathing. I will try and get that file uploaded by tonight, but yes that is something that I picked up on as well. It's interesting because both sides of the map are essentially the exact same thing (pathing including), and the red bots don't seem to have that problem. Thanks for noticing that too though!

Comment

Updated download now available.

Comment

Uploaded version of the map that will hopefully become the final version. I can't think of anything else to do, so here it is.

Comment

I'll do a little testing on this over the next day or so.

TTYL.

Comment

HEADS-UP

Hey Harsh Criticism, there is a problem with the archive ((no pun intended)) its actually the map its self that is corrupted, screen shots, readme, .ini & .upk are all fine, i even downloaded and installed jZip to verify that wasn't the issue.

You need to rebuild the archive and reupload.

Comment

Hmmmm interesting. Will solve that problem ASAP. Thanks for the heads up. Will update when I get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X