VCTF-IslandHop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for the feedback as always mate. I must be paying more attention as your PDF's are getting shorter...LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I missed the WAR version, so here I am with my feedback for this version. I did more of a quality test more than game play as I am not a big fan of vehicles in the game or CTF. The map is looking good and plays well on my machine. Good luck finishing it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TIPPER View Post
    Well in that case diesalot it's a fine map.
    My comment about the UT2004 look of the map was not meant to be disparaging. It is after all a matter of personal preference. Let me put it like this, I'm playing it and it will stay in my collection. Cant say that about many UT2004 ports
    Dont fancy a crack at Mobias Concourse by any chance
    Not at all disparaging mate. Opinions are always welcome.

Never heard of Mobias Concourse. Do you have a link?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well in that case diesalot it's a fine map.
    My comment about the UT2004 look of the map was not meant to be disparaging. It is after all a matter of personal preference. Let me put it like this, I'm playing it and it will stay in my collection. Cant say that about many UT2004 ports
    Dont fancy a crack at Mobias Concourse by any chance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got bad news for you Zerglings, the bots are fine, its the players with the mental health problems :-p
    Hey you saying I can't kill an easy bot? lol.

Maybe because I have tweeked the bot AI and plus the bots are on Skilled.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good feedback.
    As to making the map next gen, that was not the intention. I see so much stuff go into so called next gen levels they become virtually unplayable because of framerates.
    And then lets make it playable by making it blurry...LOL.
    Noooo. This was meant to be a simple ported map basically because i wanted to try a WAR map. VCTF came about only as a suggestion from Zerglings.

This map is in Beta while i try and get the bots to stop playing dumb. The map in Final is the WAR version, but i still need to fix the palm tree faults.

As i said good feedback is always fair comment, id rather hear what i can improve than nothing at all.

Thanks again guys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TIPPER View Post
    Got bad news for you Zerglings, the bots are fine, its the players with the mental health problems :-p
    Anyway, I'm not usually to keen on ports or remakes from UT2004 but i quite like this. Even with the bots propensity for water sports instead of getting on with the job at hand, this doesn't play too bad at all.
    My criticism for most maps that are ports or remakes is that given the extra grunt the UT3 engine has, i expect maps made for it to look noticably better than the original.
    While i like the map in general i cant say its better than the UT2004 version.
    I hope you take this as fair comment because you have obviously put a lot of work into it.
    ITTA.

Unfortunately i'm not quite sure everyone has the mapping skills or abilities to make everyone of these maps look "Next-Gen" - or the eye for it.

I think people improve with practice; as with anything, though at least.

At any rate the screens look awesome diesalot, keep up the good work, and this is in beta so its not like you can't fine tune it further if you decide to, judging from the screens it looks fairly refined, as opposed to some of the quick and dirty final releases that i've seen.

Feedback can be a doubled edged sword sometimes buddy. Keep up the good work!

***EDIT*** i see there a final thread released as well, i guess i missed that yesterday. In that event you can always release an update if your not satisfied or somethings not working right, i see editors do this all the time, in fact i prefer someone to do that and refine things or correct issues, what have you, that's better than spending 6 months building a working set of doors in Niven and then not following up with a quick fix because of a server side package error ((you listening sneh??)) any way you all get the idea.

- i'm sure the final is a work of art, the fact that i didn't see that post first bugs me because it makes this post silly, lol i'll leave it though since i took the time to type it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyway, I'm not usually to keen on ports or remakes from UT2004 but i quite like this. Even with the bots propensity for water sports instead of getting on with the job at hand, this doesn't play too bad at all.
    My criticism for most maps that are ports or remakes is that given the extra grunt the UT3 engine has, i expect maps made for it to look noticably better than the original.
    While i like the map in general i cant say its better than the UT2004 version.
    I hope you take this as fair comment because you have obviously put a lot of work into it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know if anyone has noticed but is just me or are all the bots insane?

Because I had 16 V 16 Krall vs Skaarj and I could not get near the blue flag without been killed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Havn't try this yet will very soon and I check again this time for other things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I need the uncooked VCTF version. It will be on our server ONLY.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rumple View Post
    The shock turrets have had effect issues from the launch of this game. Would you be willing to give me the uncooked map so I can edit it for our server? We have several different types of vehicles and vehicle camo patterns that have to be placed into the map manually. I also have an anti-air turret that would be perfect for this size of map. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3njwzdjuz3y
    Feel free to use it just make sure you package the file with the map. You also need to have the AntiAirTurret.u in your Published/Script and your Unpublished/Script folders for the map to cook properly.
    Feel free to alter as you see fit, just give me credit for my work
    Do you need unpublished, i thought you could open and save the published as your own mapname.

Originally posted by HugoMarques View Post
    I'm just wondering if you are releasing the same map only with CTF bases and removing the nodes 'n cores. It's because I think there is an option in Properties to make the map available for other gametypes. This way Island Hop lovers wouldn't need to download two files...
    I have used team colors on the VCTF but its basically the same. Does the gametype supported option change the powercores to flags

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The shock turrets have had effect issues from the launch of this game. Would you be willing to give me the uncooked map so I can edit it for our server? We have several different types of vehicles and vehicle camo patterns that have to be placed into the map manually. I also have an anti-air turret that would be perfect for this size of map. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3njwzdjuz3y
    Feel free to use it just make sure you package the file with the map. You also need to have the AntiAirTurret.u in your Published/Script and your Unpublished/Script folders for the map to cook properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm just wondering if you are releasing the same map only with CTF bases and removing the nodes 'n cores. It's because I think there is an option in Properties to make the map available for other gametypes. This way Island Hop lovers wouldn't need to download two files...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beta 03 uploaded. Link on the first page updated.
    Bot paths fixed. Thanks zerglings mate.
    Redeemers added to the small islands near each base.
    Some terrain materials fixed.
    Extra color on the walls at each base.

I think for final release i will use minigun or rocket turrets at the bases. This should get rid of the problems im having with the turret effects.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X