Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Harsh Criticism View Post
    Yeah that's the thread I've used in the past, but I think I am saving the package in the wrong spot or something, or in the wrong way (even though I follow the guide), because it doesn't show up when other people play. I will mess with it some more soon.
    You should be adding the texture directly into your map file. Then immediately create a material and "use" it inside your level. You can apply it to a BSP face that won't be seen or use it as an override material on a mesh that can't be seen.

You need to do this so the editor doesn't get rid of it when you do a save/build. Then, you need to reference the texture in your ini file, not the material.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah that's the thread I've used in the past, but I think I am saving the package in the wrong spot or something, or in the wrong way (even though I follow the guide), because it doesn't show up when other people play. I will mess with it some more soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, still haven't gotten around to finding out how to make a screenshot show up in the game menu (it's not high on my priority list at this point),
    You can check out this thread for how to do that.

When your 99% done with the map, i check it out again, just let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated version of my map has been added. Still not completely happy with some things, but performance should be better. Also, still haven't gotten around to finding out how to make a screenshot show up in the game menu (it's not high on my priority list at this point), and the readme file is out of date too. Planning on fixing a lot of stuff this week and hopefully have my own website by the end of the month.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Changes that have been made to the map have not yet been uploaded! Will hopefully be done by Sunday before Modern Warfare 2 comes out and I get distracted.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very good looking industrial themed map. Will d/l after work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't looked into how to cook for PS3 at all yet, but I will when things are final and I am happy about it, yes.
    Unless you have "special" stuff added to your map, cooking it for the PS3 is fairly easy. Check out this thread when you are ready.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't looked into how to cook for PS3 at all yet, but I will when things are final and I am happy about it, yes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look's really unique and well done!
    PS3 cook when final or in future?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the process of optimizing my map. I have reduced the number of BSP from 1132 (ouch I know) down to 502 so far and there is a noticeable difference in even how the editor performs. Hopefully this is not imagined... Much more to go, however.
    Sounds like progress. I am just guessing, but you probably use less, but it's hard to tell with out looking at the map in the editor. Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the process of optimizing my map. I have reduced the number of BSP from 1132 (ouch I know) down to 502 so far and there is a noticeable difference in even how the editor performs. Hopefully this is not imagined... Much more to go, however.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my opinion, it is 90+ percent complete. More than this map, anyway.
    Took a quick run through it, when you're closer to 99% let me know and I will give you my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a fast word of encouragement; map looks promising! (has a nicely flowing look judging from the screens)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my opinion, it is 90+ percent complete. More than this map, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I sorta knew my BSP (and I even mentioned this up above) wasn't the best way to go about it. This came about as a general lack of knowledge about optimization, and due to the way I blocked in the level it came out that way. I realized that about half way through making the level that I would most likely have to go back and replace a lot of it.
    It should be rather easy to replace and should help out with the optimization aspect as that's a lot of BSP to render at one time.

I would say most of the "errors" found in this map are a result of a lack of my poor planning. Also, this map was still a learning experience (I learned and still am learning a lot), and in the future I plan on avoiding a lot of the things I did.
    I hear you. When I made my first "real" Unreal based map, I ended up doing the BSP around 3 times for various reasons. It was a rather large map, so it did take some time.

If you have spare time, take a quick glance at my second level CTF-Archive (linked below), and let me know what you think of that in terms of progression.
    How "done" is it. I am more of a "map is basically done" beta tester. I don't like presuming certain things will be done (like this map still needed ambient sounds). I want to basically see the "finished product" before I test it so all things about the map are fair game.

Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X