No announcement yet.

DM-Dawn[pics][beta][download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated version of my map has been added. Still not completely happy with some things, but performance should be better. Also, still haven't gotten around to finding out how to make a screenshot show up in the game menu (it's not high on my priority list at this point), and the readme file is out of date too. Planning on fixing a lot of stuff this week and hopefully have my own website by the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Harsh Criticism View Post
      Also, still haven't gotten around to finding out how to make a screenshot show up in the game menu (it's not high on my priority list at this point),
      You can check out this thread for how to do that.

When your 99% done with the map, i check it out again, just let me know.

Comment

Yeah that's the thread I've used in the past, but I think I am saving the package in the wrong spot or something, or in the wrong way (even though I follow the guide), because it doesn't show up when other people play. I will mess with it some more soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Harsh Criticism View Post
          Yeah that's the thread I've used in the past, but I think I am saving the package in the wrong spot or something, or in the wrong way (even though I follow the guide), because it doesn't show up when other people play. I will mess with it some more soon.
          You should be adding the texture directly into your map file. Then immediately create a material and "use" it inside your level. You can apply it to a BSP face that won't be seen or use it as an override material on a mesh that can't be seen.

You need to do this so the editor doesn't get rid of it when you do a save/build. Then, you need to reference the texture in your ini file, not the material.

Comment

Working...
          X