CTF-Desilation, awesome map for snipers [1st Beta 10/13/2009]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok. I had some fun with the AI for a bit. I should have made a video of them just standing at their spawn points not moving just shooting each other. Hilarious! (lol) Ahem. Now, about the AI. They only get stuck when they get knocked off the platform and can't get back up. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. No matter how I position the nodes they still suffer from this. The downside of having no walls, low gravity and snipers i guess. However they still score against you. Considering how hard the AI is, if you see one just shoot it. Practice shooting the noobs. Awesome feedback. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not bad after playing for few days and yes the AI is hard even on skilled lol But I'm using mapmixer and tweaked the factions I use alot (Krall, Skarrj and God of Dragon).

Fixing the AI might help If you can pathing is ok and game play is good.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, you're right. The bots are goofing up on certain spots. Huh. No prob. I'll fix that tonight. As far as the jumppads to the bases, I tried it and it just felt too easy. I played the game on godlike with a score of three and cleared the stage in like 5 minutes and I wanted it to be kinda hard to get to the flag. I don't like maps that are easy. Sorry man. But yeah, I should have a new version by morning. Awesome feedback. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PS3 cook, awesome map,
    I noticed a couple bots get stuck on one of the narrow walkways, and maybe add 1 jump pad each on the 2nd level, across from the jump pad by the each base, to improve the flow for the 2nd level
    awesome map, the whole space design is pretty awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You are awesome man. Thanks for trying it out. Let me know what you think. And if there are any bugs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll try this one out.

Leave a comment:

• CTF-Desilation, awesome map for snipers [1st Beta 10/13/2009]

Name: Desilation
    Version:1st beta
    Compatibility:PC and PS3
    Description:This is a cool, original map that is classic UT. It is a low gravity, capture the flag map in space. I got the inspiration from a UT99 map called Face. I have this game and Quake 3 Arena on the Dreamcast and love playing them. However, this map is original. And it has that feel. The two bases look over the entire map and there are no walls. So it is a great sniper defense from people taking the flag and it is pretty easy to knock someone off. It adds a dynamic x-factor to the game. I also put sniper rifles in the weapons lockers in the bases. There are also two levels of pathways with jump pads that take you up to the second level. The two levels add another dynamic gaming element for if you take the high road you have a better chance at getting killed versus walking the low path and having the low path where if you get hit you will get knocked off. The AI is pretty aggressive as well not taking any chances. Maxed out with 16 players on PS3 and 32 players on PC.
    Comments:Here is a video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRJfbGpUGK8

Screenshot:

Credits:Epic Games for the editor and me
    Homepage:www.myspace.com/widgetdeath81
    Download:http://www.filefront.com/14715849/CTF-Desilation.zip/
Working...
X