• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Battery by D3MON31987 [Pics] [Beta]

Name: DM-Battery
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: All Versions
    Description: A defense battery has become the fighting grounds of several warriors seeking control of it.
    Comments: It's my first actual published map after playing with the editor for a while. Any feedback positive or negative is appreciated. The map is zipped with everything ready to go as well as a few screenshots.
    Credits: Epic for the editor and the materials within.
    Homepage: mad-dok-robertson.deviantart.com
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmajne...DM-Battery.zip
    Screenshots:

hi

not sure if u will have a lot of download with no screenshot and with a "unsure" compatibility & version status....lol^^

the game crash enough alone to keep myself far from suspect versions things ;

it had be nice from you to check the version(version1.0....or 1.2....or 1.3.....or...) u used while doing the map and to post some screenshots to motivate people to DL...gl with that

Comment

No screenies,no download.

Comment

just tryed it; it work with version 2.1

fun map especially the out side part ; i like your "lazer" and i am myself searching for something like that....nice lazer

but....here my feelings:

-well first when u are on the "outside" level and if u jumpdown on the lamps(one level down) u just are stuck on the lamps ,u can moove but i havent find other way to escape the place than jumping in the biogoop

-the inside level is very repetitive and except to collect health vials i prefered to stay outside wich is a more fun area

-your lighting is weird in some places and the map gives a "too dark" feeling ,i had try to give larger scaling and more power to all light points... actually it look like if u have 90 % of the map enlighted with only a skylight...perhaps u can use the lazer to generate a powerfull alternative lights or a moon or anything else abble to give sence to a new light source

-in some places the blue flux(lazer) have no reflection on the map(it dont generate any light on the floor for example even if very close)

-i havent understand the gameplay u have input in this map especially with the inside part

this map have potential and i hope this can help a little...

thx for your work

.........and plzzzz post some screeniezzzzzzzzz

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Bl!tz~. I'll definitely see to making it more exciting to go down into the tunnels. I'm going to redo this thread and fix the mistakes like not putting screenshots, version, and compatibility. My only question is, where do I find out what version i'm using? I looked around for a bit before posting this originally and never found it.

Comment

UT3original V 1.0
            patch 1 to V 1.1
            patch 2 to V 1.2
            patch 3 to V 1.3
            patch 4 to V 2.0
            patch 5 to V 2.1

Comment

Yeah I started downloading patches and can see it now, I had the original screen so it was made in 1.0 but seems to work in the other patches so should I redo this thread then or just edit it because I don't think I can change the title of the thread.

Comment

you can if u use the advanced editor :"go advanced" after editing your post

Comment

Thanks for your help...it's guys like you who help noobs like me not fail at life. : )

Comment

Nice, 265 views....I suppose that's pretty good for a first map post. Does anyone else who's tried the level out have any kind of feedback?

Comment

hey demon ....where did u found that "lazer"? is stock one ?or custom selfmade?

i search something like that for my current wip....

Comment

Here's what I did to generate the laser effect. First setup a bsp cylinder at the length that you want. Then apply some sort of animated texture that looks right to all of the surfaces. (I used M_EFX_Lightning out of Envy_Effects) Scale the texture up high to increase the speed that you want the laser to shoot at and there you have it. Btw if you scale the texture up too far then it will start to fade out on the surface so don't scale it too high...mine ended up being around the 120 mark on x and y I believe.

Comment

do u think it can be use in kismet? i mean to fire the shot with a trigger?
                          anyway thx for thoses infos

Comment

It probably can be done with kismet but I included it as a non interactive piece because there weren't any player driven vehicles to shoot at. Though it could have been set up on a timer or something like that too. The method I used was just supposed to give the illusion of firing a laser instead of being something else for the engine to have to process and render.

Comment

The laser beam looks very unnatural. You could maybe use an emitter for that purpose.
                              Or you just don't have a laser beam in your map, because I think if there where people fighting for the structure, the cannon wouldn't fire...

Comment

Working...
                              X