Angels Fall First: Planetstorm RC5-Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It freezes when I go to load it. My guess is Multi GPU is on, which causes some games to glitch, but I don't want to turn that off when playing a UT3 mod.

Motherboard: Asus P5N-D
    Chipset: nvidia nforce 750i SLI SPP
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3000 Mhz
    RAM: 4096 MB
    VideoCard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 295
    SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    need these custom weaopns for ut3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think it's actually a forum bug which means that people can't up-rate this thread for whatever reason. Thanks for the concern though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because they're sad, pathetic individuals. I had someone go through all my YouTube videos and one-star them a while back for no apparent reason.

To be honest I've never even noticed the ratings of threads here, it doesn't make any difference does it? The thread still gets displayed as normal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why do people down-rate threads? Is it because they're acting childish? This is amazing work, and a lot went into it.

I give up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys, thanks for the comments

The vehicle bot pathing will be fixed in the next release. For the record and the benefit of other modders, the obscure reason was this:
    In order to stop bots killing themselves by jumping off things due to our increased falldamage vs ut3, we modified the scout class so it only made sensible paths, primarily the maxfallspeed params.
    An unforeseen side-effect of this was that it made the bots in vehicles absolutely terrified of slopes, so as soon as they came to one, ie pretty much immediately, they would bail.
    We spent ever such a long time trying to fix what we thought must was an issue with our vehicles themselves until I got desperate enough to start looking elsewhere >.<
    Anyway, they are now as good as they are in ut3 vehicles again

With regards to a PS3 cook, we're totally willing to try, but our priority right now is MSUC phase 5 (yay!). Once that is done then we can spare a team to look into it properly. Perhaps Epic would be willing to assist us a little themselves eh? ^_^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow! Holy moley, this looks like a game that you can buy off the shelf! Nice work!

And there is this weird forum glitch that won't let me rate this... it's stuck at one star.

I'm assuming that a PS3 cook is impossible, right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found this mod via ModDB several weeks ago, and played nothing but it for almost a month straight. Looking forward to more maps.

A few comments:
    I agree the jeep type vehicle's handling is very touchy.
    The bot pathing for ground vehicles seems poor. A lot of time they get in and don't go anywhere.
    The docking sequences have major collision problems, sometimes preventing docking altogether.

That said, this is the best mod I have seen for all versions of Unreal Tournaments I have ever played. My roommate who plays UT3 on PS3 was really envious of me finding this mod. His loss for not having the PC version. Keep up the good work!

I too am unable to rate the page. It says I already have. For the record I give this mod 10/10.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    dled it last week, and got a chance to play it over weekend. great mod so far. some problems i had were getting stuck on the rocky cliffs while driving a vehicle. if you can, make an option to push the vehicle to unstuck it... if that makes any sense.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Our Saturday Smackdown weekly scheduled playtime is starting in half an hour or so and will continue all evening. Come along, berate and shoot the devs, have some pew pew

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Aye you're totally right about the land vehicles. we've held off tuning them completely until we can resolve why the bots hate them so much. Fortunately for us we've got Xyx onboard

Getting bounced around too much by weapon impacts has been pretty much fixed bar a couple of tweaks here or there.

The crouching thing- it's possible you toggled the half-finished animation-less prone stance. I'll keep an eye out for it anyway, thanks guys

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried this mod when it was released as RC2 beta or something like that, and I was really amazed by the quality of it. As DazJW had said, the vehicles are abit jumpy. Also from my experience from piloting an aircraft, getting hit by enemy fire will make twitch alot.. as if it is having a seizure. You could improve the mod by lessening that effect. I also tried piloting the space craft, but it was quite difficult... perhaps I didn't read the manual. But really, I just like experiencing the FPS part of it, and not piloting and shooting lasers in space. Overall, it's a great mod.

Also, is there a plan in the future to release the weapons as a separate mod? I would really love to use the railgun, and machinegun in a regular CTF game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There's a bit of a bug with crouching and aiming. I can't remember the exact combination of things but I was crouching on top of a hill and went into aiming mode to fire down, then when I stood up and came out of aiming mode I was still going crouch speed. I had to crouch again stand again to get it work.
    Also, what's with the insanely bouncy jeepy vehicles? They jump around on the slightest hill like you're doing 1000mph yet you're hardly moving.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been playing this since the first release, and I must say this is a mod everyone should try out at least once, if not multiple times. If you can't figure out what's going on or the controls, read the readme or visit the forums. Or just ask. Also, Jetfire, don't be put off by the 1-star rating; I've seen this sort of thing happen before, a thread getting a 1 star rating and it saying to everyone that they've already voted (I cant rate it, and I KNOW I've never rated this thread anything)... same thing happened to another thread for another mod I like. Shameful bug (?).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great looking mod. I've downloaded and will be checking it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X