• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Evil Beta 1

Name: DM-Evil
    Version: Beta 1
    Compatibility: patch 2.0 or superior + titan pack
    Description: The Templars called this place of "purgatory" to be an abandoned church and full of legends, the legends of one in particular, dark angel, legend has it that the cathedral was built to worship him, and also said that the angel came the great abyss and fought a war with humanity.

Comments: hello friends, this is the first map to use a custom content, behind them:
    new meshes, (in particular, most copied from GOW-content, and some created in 3dmax 2010)
    new sounds (in fact these sounds were copied from GOW_content, just did some mixes)
    new textures (downloaded from the internet, and copied from the GOW-content, coke is edited in Photoshop CS4)
    new materials (some connections were made different, but it's still just a test)
    Screenshot:

By wolfbad6 at 2009-09-13

Credits: includ in txt file
    Homepage:
    http://www.moddb.com/members/symphonyhell

Download:
    Via 4shared.com
    Via ModDb.com

nice idea with the spooky church theme. the layout of the church is pretty big and it seems you have put in some effort with the architecture.

however you still need to polish the map. for instance
    1. the sky is fixed, it should be moving

2. the textures need work. some of the textures look cheap. this is where you need to put focus on.

3. the lighting is not very dark like most ut3 levels which is fine by me, but add some variation to lights inside.

4. some where in the church main hall, your looping the bird chipring sounds. it becomes irritating after a while. perhaps the each chirp should be given an interval before the next loop starts off.

5. being an audio person myself, the music doesnt fit the map correctly.

6. lastly based on your theme, to make your map truly unique you need to amplify the elements for that. For eg you said "angel, legend has it that the cathedral was built to worship him, and also said that the angel came the great abyss and fought a war with humanity" so why not build a great abyss? i think you probably did it as the staircase one going below. but make it more intense. like some devlish statues and scripts and fire and lave bubbling for the deep abyss. or perhaps from time to time lucifer comes out and kills anyone in the vicinity.

lol some of my ideas above sound crazy, but they do build up the uniqueness of your map.

Comment

Originally posted by suneel View Post
      nice idea with the spooky church theme. the layout of the church is pretty big and it seems you have put in some effort with the architecture.

however you still need to polish the map. for instance
      1. the sky is fixed, it should be moving

2. the textures need work. some of the textures look cheap. this is where you need to put focus on.

3. the lighting is not very dark like most ut3 levels which is fine by me, but add some variation to lights inside.

4. some where in the church main hall, your looping the bird chipring sounds. it becomes irritating after a while. perhaps the each chirp should be given an interval before the next loop starts off.

5. being an audio person myself, the music doesnt fit the map correctly.

6. lastly based on your theme, to make your map truly unique you need to amplify the elements for that. For eg you said "angel, legend has it that the cathedral was built to worship him, and also said that the angel came the great abyss and fought a war with humanity" so why not build a great abyss? i think you probably did it as the staircase one going below. but make it more intense. like some devlish statues and scripts and fire and lave bubbling for the deep abyss. or perhaps from time to time lucifer comes out and kills anyone in the vicinity.

lol some of my ideas above sound crazy, but they do build up the uniqueness of your map.
      thanks suneel
      My biggest problem in this map, is the size of it (at the end was in 93MB) version of it was not published in 154MB, at first I had many textures applied, had to take some because of the size of the map itself, however, I intend to modify / add some of them, and try to compensate by reducing the number of meshes, I intend to do this in the next version.

as the sounds of birds I have even modify it, for I saw that the end was annoying even .

over the abyss, note that there is a statement, but a legend. clear that if possible can extend the gap that is the basis of invensibilidade, but I think lucifer out of the abyss already be too crazy (maybe ....)

order to work better and way more comfortable, I will add the same map on Evil Map Pack, so I can stay crazy at him

thanks for atention
      cherrs !

Comment

Looks cool... any plans for PS3?

Comment

thanks Stromboli
          yes man , i have plan PS3 er soon be posting this map for the ps3

Comment

^^^^excellent... I love spooky churches with cemetaries...

Comment

s*it i rated this thread one star by mistake. how can i fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by suneel View Post
                s*it i rated this thread one star by mistake. how can i fix this?
                l.o.l and now ????

Comment

That's why I don't rate threads... the only times I've tried it seemed only able to rate it one star automatically as soon as my mouse pointer went near the rate tab, lol. I'm not sure anyone really looks too much at the ratings... I know I don't for that very reason... Something with a 1 rating is often times the same case as this

Comment

Originally posted by Stromboli View Post
                    That's why I don't rate threads... the only times I've tried it seemed only able to rate it one star automatically as soon as my mouse pointer went near the rate tab, lol.
                    yes and that is EXACTLY how it happened.

Comment

Any chance of the "Lords of Mergge" map being cooked 4 PS3 as well... that map looks awesome. If you incorporated the GOW content into your map package and did a PS3 cook, I know a lot of people that would want to play it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stromboli View Post
                        Any chance of the "Lords of Mergge" map being cooked 4 PS3 as well... that map looks awesome. If you incorporated the GOW content into your map package and did a PS3 cook, I know a lot of people that would want to play it as well.
                        I really want to cook this map to ps3, even had already skillfully to do so, more due to a bug in my PC, I lost the version that had everything imported into it ,
                        my immediate hope, and I have recorded a DVD and this DVD is somewhere in my dark quarter , however, nothing that a good dose of patience does not resolve, I will start again,
                        or can I include it in Evil Map Pack??? what do you think?

ps : it already exists gow-content for ps3?

Comment

Mappacks are always good if u did decide to do it again, but that's alot of work... too bad you lost it. I believe "Armadus" had GoW content and it's not a big download at all and plays just fine on PS3. Good luck

Comment

ok man , i building again ,
                            ps , this website (unreal VS) is yours ? amazing site , nice map list

Comment

^^^^ya I'm adding maps to it all the time when I get time... took on life of it's own, lol. For now it's really only DM and smaller CTF maps more because that's what I play so those are the maps I look for. Plus there were alot of amazing things that never filtered down 2 PS3 or my crappy infected AMD piece of shhhhut the front door... so it's more a reflection of a mapcycle me and my pals would stick on and loser passes for a couple hours, lol. Plus the mod list and setup is exactly how we play everytime when not online, so I just "geared" everything towards that theme

Comment

Working...
                              X