UT3 Modern Warfare *2 update2*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If I wasn't still trying to work my way around the editor, I'd definitely help you out... but I've been building my first map using tutorials and trial and error and I haven't tried any kind of weapons modelling or coding yet so I couldn't help you there, but if you need a PS3 tester (I have it on PC but my rig isn't as advanced as some others that will inevitably try it on PC so I'll let them test that) I'll test these in a lot more depth than the usual "great work... works good on PS3"....
    I've been waiting for a really good real weapons set with sound for PS3... there are a couple good weapon packs but they all suffer from some small flaw that keeps them from being great. I could help you with that if you're willing to put in the work. Having custom anims isn't anywhere near as important as getting the weapon power/fire rate/reload time/balance for all the weapons.

One weapon can be more powerful than another, it just can't be overwhelmingly overpowered compared to the rest... otherwise every game played with the weapons pack becomes a race for the "God gun" and all others get ignored. Not that there can't be a super-powerful rocket launcher or something... it just can't have a ton of ammo or equal reload times to less powerful weapons, etc. Each weapon can be more awesomely outrageous than the one before it, but there must be balance. At no point should someone CHOOSE to use the enforcer instead of one of the weapons in your pack, or something's wrong with that weapon. People should want to pick up every weapon in the pack, if for no other reason than to try it out... but once they do, they shouldn't say, "that gun is useless... won't pick that up again" or else all the work you put into making that weapon was wasted.

Anyway, if you need the help, I'm here... otherwise I'll just wait for the ps3 version (I prefer UT3 on PS3... sorry I'm just not a keyboard/mouse guy) and see what you came up with...

Can't wait to see what you come up with.... I'm playing a lot of "Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising" right now... ya, I'm all about the realistic weapons (of course that game is a little too real for most- good counterbalance to "Unreal")

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol yeah i know, ut3 just isnt for guns with butts
    yh im gonna try sort out the anims this week

sucks when ur a 1 man team lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you should do custom anims for chars
    Assault rifles don't go under the shoulder

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *UPDATE: added Famas, Mac10(pistol) and Sniper Rifle. im looking to release this in the middle of this week. it was meant to be ready this week but i was having problems with Unreal Editor. I also learned a new coding trick so the weapons are better now. I kinda need to fix some animations and get real weapon sounds too*

def gonna have PS3 and PC cooks. hoping to get a Final Release Pack which will include my modern warfare map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    and if u r doing a shotty, make a shotty. the fire range HAS to be lowered.... the quickest way to killing the realism of a shotgun is by having it overpowered with long range capability. You shouldn't 1 hit kill someone with the shotty who is 200 ft away..... Biggest mistake most shotgun mods have..... Ridiculously long range 1 hit powerful, or so weak it makes them useless. A shotgun should do 100 dmg up close, full spread... but not from far (which it shouldn't reach anyway) and not if the guy isn't close enough to take the full spread in the chest. Incidentally, no one has tried a shotty with headshot code. It seems natural to me that if you get shot in face from a foot away with the shotgun, your head would come clean off. You'd have to make it dependant on dmg, each shotty pellet will do a portion of the 100 dmg so the head only comes off if it's a headshot and a certain amount of damage is done , ensuring the head only comes off on close-quarters headshots.
    P,S, Are the golden guns Goldeneyeish 1 hits

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PS3 custom sound tools have just been released... so if you're gonna do PS3 version, you don't have to sacrifice custom sound anymore... official conversion tools are free, check the official section.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *updates*
    added golded silenced pistol and M16 with rocket launcher
    just got to sort out these anims which are acting up
    and i need to add the silener fire sound

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BorisK View Post
    yh i'll change the projectile type and i'll add the P90 and M16(with grenade launcher)
    u can be my PS3 tester lol
    I'll test the living you know what out of it and give you the total report, lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yh i'll change the projectile type and i'll add the P90 and M16(with grenade launcher)
    u can be my PS3 tester lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya, bigtime..... shotguns should gib up close.... Looking forward to the cook... hopefully (for the PS3 crowd) the sounds aren't all custom.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by symphonyhell View Post
    good friend, an ammunition to crush the opponent, similar to the shotgun gears of war, usually the shotguns had done so far not cause much destruction on the enemy ,
    in my opinion would be very interesting in UT3, after a shotgun blast, flying blood everywhere, maybe the same destruction of the flag cannon'd be cool ,

ops , sorry my bad english , has not yet completed my course
    aah i get you. THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!! do you have a link to a tutorial for that by any chance??

lol no problem your english is pretty good. all the best with your course

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmm not sure what he means but maybe it's when you shoot that the projectiles fly outward(flak cannon), either that or he means the enemy gets splattered or gibbed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BorisK View Post
    whats ammunition dismember???
    is that when you have like:
    good friend, an ammunition to crush the opponent, similar to the shotgun gears of war, usually the shotguns had done so far not cause much destruction on the enemy ,
    in my opinion would be very interesting in UT3, after a shotgun blast, flying blood everywhere, maybe the same destruction of the flag cannon'd be cool ,

ops , sorry my bad english , has not yet completed my course

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by marilol View Post
    You change that in the attachment class. Its something like TracerTemplate in the default properties. If you no tracer then change it to =None.
    wicked, i'll try change it today
    thanks for the help man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by symphonyhell View Post
    L.O.L
    nice job man , i like shotgun , do not forget to put ammunition dismember
    whats ammunition dismember???
    is that when you have like:
    clip amount/total bullets value

Leave a comment:

Working...