X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Flurry-RC2 [PC] [Beta] [Pics]

Name: WAR-Flurry-RC2
    Version: Release Candidate 2

I've finally gotten around to almost finalizing this **** thing. It's been a long time, and I'm sure a lot of you don't know/care so I won't bore you. Suffice it to say that I've been working on this far too long for what it is. Regardless, I still need to test a few things, so here I am in the beta forum (again).

Quick changelog from the readme:

Release Candidate 2:

- Bridges redone to be more aesthetically pleasing, and less technically demanding.

- Replaced the SPMA with the Stealth Bender in the default (Axon) link setup.

- Minor changes to Necris vehicle spawns (positions and numbers).

- Added "beacons" to the Redeemer spawns, that are active only when the appropriate Redeemer is available. This should make it easier to quickly discern if a "big gun" option is available.

- Added jump pads from the ice floor directly to the Redeemer pads.

- Tweaked lighting so things are a bit less "blue". Hopefully this will make the Blue team players stand out a bit more, especially at range.

- Tried to get the Darkwalker to behave more intelligently along the bridges. Mildly successful.
    For those not in the know, this is a remake of a map of mine for UT2k4: ONS-Flurry. It's a semi-arena style Warfare map that basically does everything it can to emulate the original ONS-y style while still correcting the flaws of the original. I'll let the screens do most of the talking:

Also, something I forgot to note in the readme: The berserking power up (on the bridges) has been replaced with the Slow Field Generator from the Titan Pack.

Download: (PC) http://www.filefront.com/14492821/WAR-Flurry-RC2.rar

Love this map! Glad to see you're still working on it.

Most of your changes since the beta version are great. The Necris setup is perfect but I do have one request... please put the tanks back at the tank nodes in the default (Axon) link setup.

This version is now on the GodsOfWarfare server and is available for download using USucc.

Comment

I was of the opinion that two Goliaths made the center very "spammy". But I suppose if enough people preferred that I could change it. (Simple change, after all.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gonk View Post
        I was of the opinion that two Goliaths made the center very "spammy". But I suppose if enough people preferred that I could change it. (Simple change, after all.)
        Well I guess that make me a spammer

Comment

Hey im glad you are still working in this great map keep going dude

Comment

Working...
          X