Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Aly (NOW FINAL)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    In the time I have played this map I have not once fallen off. So I guess I don't have a preference on the to use blocking volumes or not issue. I would just keep it the way it is as it may add a degree of difficulty to the map.

    Comment


      Hey steve is this map updated for proformance I got only 45 - 90 fps not even forcing controls in Nvidia panal.

      whats going on?

      I never had probelms in your early versions of you map.

      Comment


        Hey, great improvements !

        I knew after seeing your DM-Nano that lightings would be far better than the past preview screenshots! Well this one map is outdoor, so I think you learned a lot ! Your good lightings seems to soften the "texture overflow" feeling I had at first. Even if there is still too much detailed textures to me.

        About invisibleWalls/KillVolumes.
        Well everyone has its own tastes, so I go with mines:
        - I would let the player go out on the peer section, letting him swim for some yards before to face a wall. This way, if he's so ""stupid"" to try desperatly to reach a wall, then he'll make an easy target for others.
        - I'd block all other outer access with block volumes, making sure to add coherent blocking meshs too.
        - That dosen't bother me if players are killed (killVolume) when thrown away by some opponents attack (upper section only).

        I think the skybox (mountains, sky) lacks a little realism.

        In term of gameplay, I think you found a very good balance, efficient architecture, well placed weapons, ammos, shields,... Will probably make a best seller !

        Looking for final.

        See ya !

        Comment


          Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
          Hey steve is this map updated for proformance I got only 45 - 90 fps not even forcing controls in Nvidia panal.

          whats going on?

          I never had probelms in your early versions of you map.
          Odd, I didn't add so much stuff to make your FPS dropping that much I didn't cull mesh yet since I don't feel the need to so so since I've got 75 FPS on my PC but I'll optimize the map a bit

          Originally posted by molosev View Post
          Hey, great improvements !

          I knew after seeing your DM-Nano that lightings would be far better than the past preview screenshots! Well this one map is outdoor, so I think you learned a lot ! Your good lightings seems to soften the "texture overflow" feeling I had at first. Even if there is still too much detailed textures to me.
          THX for the compliment Yep, it take me some time to obtain that lighting. And now I like it. Happy you like it to dude I also reduce the material complexity on some of my materials but maybe not enough for some

          About invisibleWalls/KillVolumes.
          Well everyone has its own tastes, so I go with mines:
          - I would let the player go out on the peer section, letting him swim for some yards before to face a wall. This way, if he's so ""stupid"" to try desperatly to reach a wall, then he'll make an easy target for others.
          - I'd block all other outer access with block volumes, making sure to add coherent blocking meshs too.
          - That dosen't bother me if players are killed (killVolume) when thrown away by some opponents attack (upper section only).

          I think the skybox (mountains, sky) lacks a little realism.

          In term of gameplay, I think you found a very good balance, efficient architecture, well placed weapons, ammos, shields,... Will probably make a best seller !

          Looking for final.

          See ya !
          For BV, I don't intent to change it simply because I want to be consistent. I don't want to let some "loose" on some spots & block on other spots. It's a good idea mate but I want the player to understand that if he go outside the play area, he will eventually die, as simple as that

          I'm surprise you mention the skydome/montains aren't realist since it is something that most folks like very much ? Maybe reducing the lighting brightness a bit will be enough ? Those rocks already cast shadows to.

          THX for your feedback mate

          Comment


            I d/l the rc1 right now, hope it don't crash anymore on my rig...

            edit : crash again...runtime error bla bla bla.... ****

            Comment


              Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              For BV, I don't intent to change it simply because I want to be consistent. I don't want to let some "loose" on some spots & block on other spots. It's a good idea mate but I want the player to understand that if he go outside the play area, he will eventually die, as simple as that
              Yep I read this is a part of the map's gameplay.
              I know what it is to deal with the limits, I'm currently trying to get something coherent in BR-THOR_BOWL.

              Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              I'm surprise you mention the skydome/montains aren't realist since it is something that most folks like very much ? Maybe reducing the lighting brightness a bit will be enough ? Those rocks already cast shadows to.
              About the sky, I guess blue is cloud and white is sky, isn't it ?
              I feel it like that because blue zones are more smoothly melted than white ones.. Well maybe not I don't know
              The texture is a little stretched on the base of the dome, but this is barely noticeable during game.
              I just noticed that the sky was slightly moving !! Maybe a little too slow..
              Does the whole sky is rotating or only the clouds ?
              The lense effect is nice, how did you do it ?

              About the mountains, I think the geology is a little brutal for a waterfront, but I guess this could eventually happen. And your are your own god after all.

              Those are just details.

              Originally posted by stevelois View Post
              THX for your feedback mate
              You're welcome

              Comment


                Originally posted by molosev View Post
                About the sky, I guess blue is cloud and white is sky, isn't it ?
                I feel it like that because blue zones are more smoothly melted than white ones.. Well maybe not I don't know
                The texture is a little stretched on the base of the dome, but this is barely noticeable during game.
                I just noticed that the sky was slightly moving !! Maybe a little too slow..
                Does the whole sky is rotating or only the clouds ?
                LOL

                Well, only the clouds are moving & they're moving veeeeeeeeeeery slow to match the angelic music background speed & since it's a calm & serene place, it as to be slow, like a perfect timing if your doing tai-chi as I do. I notice that the clouds are a bit stretched at the bottom & by making them moving faster, the stretching is even worst lol

                The lense effect is nice, how did you do it ?
                My dude as write something about it, you can found the info here :

                http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard....picID=31809093

                About the mountains, I think the geology is a little brutal for a waterfront, but I guess this could eventually happen. And your are your own god after all.

                Those are just details.
                Well, I already tried to make that aspect better but it's the best I could obtain. Don't forget that I'm only mapping for 1 year so there is trick I'm not aware of

                Comment


                  The map is now FINAL

                  I'm updating my info on my site & will update the thread here after.

                  Everything should be set withing 1 hour.

                  THX all

                  Comment


                    Excellent work bro all that time and a great map is born

                    Comment


                      THX & I hope you will like it even better You can grab it from my homepage since it's available now.

                      I'm uploading the PS3 version atm & the Epic / UOF finals threads will be done soon.

                      EDIT

                      Final Epic thread here : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=711329

                      Comment


                        Congrats on the final! Dude you are turning out professional maps now!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                          Congrats on the final! Dude you are turning out professional maps now!
                          THX mate

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X