DM-Aly (NOW FINAL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    I realized it can also be used as a place to drop down from the floor above, so the room had a mixed purpose. So if you have only the ammo in there, I can understand not adding anything more.

You should make it so no one can be hurt in there, like a safe room.
    LOL

Yeah, I'm gonna start to learn Blender & make a nice sofa mesh just for you with your name on it so you can sit & relax once in a while when playing

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      Yeah, I'm gonna start to learn Blender & make a nice sofa mesh just for you with your name on it so you can sit & relax once in a while when playing
      Now that's what I am talking about. Custom assets with my name on it!

Comment

Now that's what I am talking about. Custom assets with my name on it!
        LOL

Yeah, I forgot to mention that a glass of orange juice with a news paper would be also very nice

Comment

LOL

....ohhh...i understand now.....and this time dont forget to retire the foliage and fruits mesh before to sit on the sofa.......héhéhéhéhéhéhé

Comment

A resume of what as been done since B1 :

- Fix player beign stuck on the rock below the helmet.
            - Fix player beign blocked if your moving along the wall near the Bio base & going forward the tights pad.
            - Fix player beign blocked if your moving along the big wall beside the Bio.
            - Fix a flickering mesh in the building in front of the Sniper.
            - Adjust collisions on a lot of assets (light fixtures, trees, etc) & make blocking volume if necessary.
            - Redone all the lighting.
            - Add light fixtures, trims & others small stuff all around the map.
            - Add 2 reverbvolume, 1 in the udamage pool & 1 in the waterfall near the Bio to add a nice subtle underwater touch.
            - Player can fall in the waterfall near the Bio but you will get damaged & die after few secs in the waterfall bottom. The waterfall spot is also better looking.
            - Add a damaged windows on the upper level between the Link & Sniper.
            - The grass as been changed for a more yellowish color & is less bright.

I have others things already planned so the list will surely be twice as big. This is caused by my fellow mappers that want me to change this or that

About the PS3 version, absolutely "0" comments. ****, PS3 players where are you Now that I have something that work, you don't comment. As manny mappers, don't be surprise if I don't make a PS3 version when it reach final for this map & any other future maps

Comment

I have others things already planned so the list will surely be twice as big. This is caused by my fellow mappers that want me to change this or that
              Instead of "change", you could have typed "improved".

About the PS3 version, absolutely "0" comments. ****, PS3 players where are you Now that I have something that work, you don't comment. As manny mappers, don't be surprise if I don't make a PS3 version when it reach final for this map & any other future maps
              I hear you. That's why I will just cook a PS3 version, have one person test it, then be done with it.

Comment

Instead of "change", you could have typed "improved".
                I know your teasing me mate, still, it's not because I change something that is indeed an "improvement". A lot of suggestions are subjective so I may change something since many others like it more from there taste, it doesn't mean that it is according to my taste From my POV, it's juste changing something to please someone or a bunch of peoples.

Changing something for the masses doesn't mean it is improving, it always depend...

BTW, around 60% of what you mention as been fixed.

I decide I will release RC1 instead of the final. Still, there won't be any other version than RC1 & final. I want to work on a night version after. This day version as already take to much of my time TBH & I'm already bored of working on it since most of things are purely cosmetics...

Comment

I'm sorry to ear that Still, your the only one so far
                  Me too lol
                  don't know why, it's happen with few maps on my rig sometime...

Comment

I thought it was in the stock particle since I saw that in several maps.

Can someone tell me how to do those nice 'night flies' or luciole in French :

[screenshot]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3467/sanstitrews.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

I thought it was in the stock particle since I saw that in several maps.

Can someone tell me how to do those nice 'night flies' or luciole in French :

[screenshot]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/3467/sanstitrews.jpg[/screenshot]
                      I use something similiar in ctf-eternity, what I did was to duplicate a flame emitter from a EnvyLevelEffects package and then I removed the smoke+fire effecs and modified the color and speed of those shiny things, feel free to open my map in editor to see exactly how I did it.

Comment

Haaaa, what a clever trick, I'll check that out

THX mate

Comment

Dang, I barely recognize the map from alpha 1 and 3. The meshing made a HUGE difference.

(on a separate note) I'm currently working on a map inspired by the map WaveRider from NEXON's game Combat Arms. Although I am only in the process of building the foundation with BSP, I can already see the resemblance. I'm very nit picky and want to get as close to the original design as possible. (with a few exceptions)
                          I am doing the right thing by starting with the BSP? right? I hope.... Ah well I would like to know what you think of the layout when I release an alpha within the next two weeks. Lets hope this turns out better than DM-Pacific

Comment

Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
                            Dang, I barely recognize the map from alpha 1 and 3. The meshing made a HUGE difference.

(on a separate note) I'm currently working on a map inspired by the map WaveRider from NEXON's game Combat Arms. Although I am only in the process of building the foundation with BSP, I can already see the resemblance. I'm very nit picky and want to get as close to the original design as possible. (with a few exceptions)
                            I am doing the right thing by starting with the BSP? right? I hope.... Ah well I would like to know what you think of the layout when I release an alpha within the next two weeks. Lets hope this turns out better than DM-Pacific
                            Well, it's normal mate you don't recognize the previous release with this beta since I redone the layout from scratch in alpha 2 & just enhance the gameplay in alpha 3.

The meshing & all make all the difference & it's normal. Just see the BSP as your floor plan, nothing more BTW, do you like it ?

Well, I'll surely try your beta when available mate. But keep in mid that building a level based on another game is not obvious because you must adapt the map with this game mechanics. Just moving things around isn't enough. But you will see that by yourself while you building the level.

Comment

Well, it's normal mate you don't recognize the previous release with this beta since I redone the layout from scratch in alpha 2 & just enhance the gameplay in alpha 3.

The meshing & all make all the difference & it's normal. Just see the BSP as your floor plan, nothing more BTW, do you like it ?

Well, I'll surely try your beta when available mate. But keep in mid that building a level based on another game is not obvious because you must adapt the map with this game mechanics. Just moving things around isn't enough. But you will see that by yourself while you building the level.
                              Well I'm not trying to recreate the map. I just enjoy the general layout. Because this is a completely different game there is no way to stick completely to the original waverider if i wanted to because of small things like not having the ability to climb ladders and such.

The original map had a rustic oldtime beach feel. I would like to keep the layout but alter it for a slightly more futuristic look and feel.

I'm not quite sure that when you asked if I like the BSP if you were talking about your map or mine so I'll answer both :P

Mine- It's too early to tell but so far I already like it more than most of my attempts at mapping.

Yours- Looking good (as I've probably said in a previous post.)

Are you planning on releasing more BETAS or going all the way to Full Release next time? And If possible can you estimate the time to the next release. Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
                                Are you planning on releasing more BETAS or going all the way to Full Release next time? And If possible can you estimate the time to the next release. Keep it up
                                Yep, I'll release only 1 another version before the final which will be RC1.

I figure at first to release the final in November but it will be RC1 instead. Therefore RC1 will be the more complete build. Only thing that will change in the final is depending of RC1 feedback & I presume there won't be much feedback.

RC1 should be ready in ±2 weeks & the final roughly at the end of this month or at the beginning of December.

Comment

Working...
                                X