No announcement yet.

DM-Aly (NOW FINAL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****, how come you don't like my grass on ****** dudes !

It's all green & healthy &.......... heu........... bah............leave it............ I'll make it look less green.......

When I take my pills.......... it all look very nice ya know

Comment

Comment

Looking much better than the last screens I saw. I'm sorry I couldn't test it today like I said I would. But I've gotten some new hardware for my computer and I've spent the whole day formatting my computer to prepare for the new memory cards (Windows XP can't handle enough memory so I'm going to install Windows7 instead). All this should be done tomorrow and I will then finally have time for your map!

I have one small comment before playing the map though. The material you use on the pillars in the 1st screenshot doesn't go well with the brick walls, besides the material itself is kinda ugly. But then again that's my personal opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
          LOLLLLLLLLL

****, I laugh mate

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
          Looking much better than the last screens I saw. I'm sorry I couldn't test it today like I said I would. But I've gotten some new hardware for my computer and I've spent the whole day formatting my computer to prepare for the new memory cards (Windows XP can't handle enough memory so I'm going to install Windows7 instead). All this should be done tomorrow and I will then finally have time for your map!
          Like I said, there is nothing to hurry Take your time to build that new rig & post back when it's fine with you

I have one small comment before playing the map though. The material you use on the pillars in the 1st screenshot doesn't go well with the brick walls, besides the material itself is kinda ugly. But then again that's my personal opinion
          Shame you don't like it. I like them both & it fit's with the story. Sorry but I won't change them.

Comment

OK, so how is the grass now :

before & now

[screenshot]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9664/screenshot00006d.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6211/screenshot00007r.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

I'm not sure, but it might look better if you lower the opacity of the grass material more and maybe change it's color to abit more yellowish, not much more yellow though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrallala View Post
                I'm not sure, but it might look better if you lower the opacity of the grass material more and maybe change it's color to abit more yellowish, not much more yellow though.
                I agree. I like that the grass is more consistent in color, but a more "yellowish" color would be better. This green is really... green. <-- like this guy.

Comment

TBH, I don't like the actual look, it look to much "plain", not much "alive" that is why I like the green.... but I'll do some test right away

Comment

much better,it s not so lighty.....more yellowish could be better as said thrallala,anyway it s better now..

Comment

OK, so it's now yellowish... before & now :

[screenshot]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6211/screenshot00007r.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3632/screenshot00008b.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

the color is more according to the rest of the map but the grass still too lighty imho
                        the part close to us is nice but the grass in background have something like a lighty green blur in it.....

il y a comme un espece de reflet lumineux vert dans les touffes d'herbe en arriere plan ; au premier plan c est super ce reflet n est pas la et la couleur est plus douce ;en tout cas c est deja beaucoup mieux.
                        ahhh!! that was easier

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                          OK, so it's now yellowish... before & now :
                          That's nicer.

Edit: Just played a round with 6 bots and it had a very nice balance of chaos vs stealth. In case I haven't said it before, it's a fun map to play. Nice variation to the layout with nice routes.

Comment

**** !! the map crash on my computer when I try to launch it...

but just by looking to this :
                            [screenshot]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6373/screenshot00003c.jpg[/screenshot]

It's looks better for me now

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                              the color is more according to the rest of the map but the grass still too lighty imho
                              the part close to us is nice but the grass in background have something like a lighty green blur in it.....

il y a comme un espece de reflet lumineux vert dans les touffes d'herbe en arriere plan ; au premier plan c est super ce reflet n est pas la et la couleur est plus douce ;en tout cas c est deja beaucoup mieux.
                              ahhh!! that was easier
                              I understand now mate. The way I see it, the "lighty green" your referring to is because the more your going far away from the grass, the more it become dense so the growing density of the grass make it look more "lighty". I did play with all settings & it's the best I can obtain. But I like it that way so I already made a compromise for you all because I like the greener more & you like it more like it is so in all, it's fine & will stay like that because I have more important thing to do in this map then playing with non-****** grass lol

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                              That's nicer.

Edit: Just played a round with 6 bots and it had a very nice balance of chaos vs stealth. In case I haven't said it before, it's a fun map to play. Nice variation to the layout with nice routes.
                              THX mate

About your feedback, which is great BTW, just to explain why I put the ammos in this lower room :

- The ammos are balanced with there weapons. I intentionally place 1 ammo near the weapon base & 1 ammo at the opposite. So a weapon base that is located at the highest floor will have is second ammo at the lowest floor.

- I always like a small room with some goodies, like a "Alibaba" place. In Nano, it's at the opposite to the sniper, here, after several testings, another powerup isn't appropriate & the only remaining armor (the belt) will unbalance the flow. I already thought of adding the KEG there but again it will be to much unbalanced.

- When your on the floor above, I wanted another escape route, that is why you have a hole in the first floor so it add some more interesting gameplay. You can see the player under the windows floor going in the room below & take him by surprise by jumping down the hole

- I already put the Enforcer there but I have the problem of placing the ammos elsewhere to keep the balance.

In all, the building don't have a real purpose, it's only to bring some nice gameplay but don't include any strategic pickups except ammos. I already move the RL base in the building but it's to unfair so I move it a bit higher for balance reasons.

Botpath is very important so they will give you some good fights. It's always in my top priority & against 5 bots, it's **** fun as you see

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                              **** !! the map crash on my computer when I try to launch it...

but just by looking to this :
                              [screenshot]http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6373/screenshot00003c.jpg[/screenshot]

It's looks better for me now
                              I'm sorry to ear that Still, your the only one so far

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                                - When your on the floor above, I wanted another escape route, that is why you have a hole in the first floor so it add some more interesting gameplay. You can see the player under the windows floor going in the room below & take him by surprise by jumping down the hole
                                I realized it can also be used as a place to drop down from the floor above, so the room had a mixed purpose. So if you have only the ammo in there, I can understand not adding anything more.

You should make it so no one can be hurt in there, like a safe room.

Comment

Working...
                                X