Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    THX mate

It look like your the only one who like it here !

Progress is slow but at least on the good way

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice I like the shadows and texture quality working together

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sp4der View Post
    open some retail maps and copy the sun from there.
    They make it with a sheet that has a bright material...just have a look at ShangriLa for example...
    I already done that for the sheet & the sun material. What I need is to find a sun flare & I didn't saw that in stock maps yet ? I open custom maps but it's all custom, none of them are using a stock asset

Leave a comment:

• replied
    open some retail maps and copy the sun from there.
    They make it with a sheet that has a bright material...just have a look at ShangriLa for example...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The outside area is not finish yet & the play area neither but I couldn't resist to start playing with lighting to get a early feel.

I add a sun but I don't know how to make it look very bright when you look at it ??? Any hint

There is only 2 sunlights (set on different channels) & 1 directional light. I played with the best lightmaps for the first pass. It's like my starting point for the highest light around & I'll use spotlights to define more the general lit. This first pass is to get the best shadows I can possibly obtain. So this is my base, hope you like it :

[screenshot]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4185/screenshot00001p.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3306/screenshot00000.jpg[/screenshot]

I'll also do a night edition after since it won't take to much time to adjust lighting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I let you get back to work then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's fine mate. I presume that B1 will be ready in some weeks. October is almost finished so in mid November, I figure that everything should be alright

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dude, just finish meshing, blocking volume & collisions will take me some time, I'm not Magic-Steve, I only have 2 hands & some time after work. A chance I'm not to busy in RL so I have the time for UE. Those take a lot of time to do, not 1 day
    Yes I saw that in your post I just have a good sense humor it's a bit hard to understand over the internet.

Anyway good luck with the meshing, blocking volumes and collisions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    For what it's worth, you might want to do a "first pass" for the lighting. I personally don't play an alpha map after I have given feedback because it sort of ruins the anticipation for the final.

If you are going to release a beta, it should have the major stuff done, so at least people can give you feedback, instead of just playing a "prettier" map. But this is just my philosophy.
    Wisdom as talk

Your always there for saying the good thing when I'm not sure, your right & I'll fallow that advice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
    Time for Beta now is it.
    Dude, just finish meshing, blocking volume & collisions will take me some time, I'm not Magic-Steve, I only have 2 hands & some time after work. A chance I'm not to busy in RL so I have the time for UE. Those take a lot of time to do, not 1 day

It's not ready yet, but soon

Remember that Station12 took me some months & Nano 9 months from scratch to final

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    As soon as the meshing, blocking volume & collisions are done I'll upload B1 I think. It will have this bland lighting but at least you'll have something more apealing to play with & I won't have to update the thread to often posting WIP pics
    For what it's worth, you might want to do a "first pass" for the lighting. I personally don't play an alpha map after I have given feedback because it sort of ruins the anticipation for the final.

If you are going to release a beta, it should have the major stuff done, so at least people can give you feedback, instead of just playing a "prettier" map. But this is just my philosophy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Time for Beta now is it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX mate

Alpha3 is so visually crappy that it's a shame you folks are playing with so crappy visuals.

As soon as the meshing, blocking volume & collisions are done I'll upload B1 I think. It will have this bland lighting but at least you'll have something more apealing to play with & I won't have to update the thread to often posting WIP pics

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very nice I like how the sea mist hides the mountains out a little in the background.

Going to say steve your work is great good visuals and game play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Before I go to bed, I did a bit of fantasy, working few hours on that sector outside the play area (it's a fountain with clear water ) :

[screenshot]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/7023/screenshot00000fg.jpg[/screenshot]

That's about the amount of details I'm willing to put around the map so we have something descent & relax to look at. I know it's not much but I'll keep it simple this time. As always, lighting as not been started yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X