DM-Aly (NOW FINAL)

Name: Aly
    Game type: DM / TDM
    Version: Release Candidate 1
    Players: 2 - 6
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Homepage

Story / Histoire:

Long ago, the inhabitants of this quiet & serene place mysteriously disappeared ? The subsequent population reconstruct through the remaining architectures. However, this population also disappeared leaving no clue, no message, no trace ? Nobody has any answer, it suggests that all these people were kidnapped by a unknown higher power, Aliens perhaps ? Welcome to Aly ...

Il y a très longtemps, les habitants de ce lieu tranquille & serein sont mystérieusement disparus ? La population subséquente a reconstruit au travers des architectures en place. Néanmoins, cette population à elle aussi disparue ne laissant aucun indice, aucun message, aucune trace ? Personne n'a de réponse, c'est à croire que toutes ces personnes ont été enlevées pas une force supérieure inconnue, par des Aliens peut-être ? Bienvenue à Aly...

Screenshots:

[screenshot]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8233/screenshot00000ey.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4690/screenshot00001f.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5294/screenshot00002z.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6070/screenshot00003.jpg[/screenshot]

Downloads:

The map is now final. All info on my homepage or directly here or on Epic here.

Installation:

PC

Extract the archive into :

"My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory.

If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Aly-RC1.ini
    DM-Aly-RC1.txt
    DM-Aly-RC1.ut3
    DM-Aly-RC1_LOC_int.upk

PS3 is still at Beta 1 since NO PS3 PLAYERS as comment anything, shame

DM-Aly_PS3.wri
    USERDATA.JAM

Copy the USERDATA.JAM file to a data card and insert that into the PS3 console.

Comments:

This is my third map. Since the 2 previous one as took me months to build, I wanted to make a simple & nice atmospheric map with just a bit of deco. I'm getting a minimum of 75 FPS playing against 3 bots with my rig in 1680x1050 everything set to max.

OCZ 600 Watt
    Asus P5N-D (NF750i)
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.0 GHz/1333/6M)
    4 GB OCZ Reaper (DDR2 800 Mhz CAS 3.4.4.15)
    Saphire Radeon HD4870 1 GB with Catalyst 9.10
    Segeate 500 GB 32 MB
    WinXP SP3 with all latest updates

Credits:

Consult the included text file.

visuals look nice I try it ok now for ya.

Comment

Go ahead & share your thoughts

Comment

Ok back after running it the bots love shooting the **** out of each very different from what Ive seen.

1.Lighting needs a small work on.

2.Where an rocket ammo placement is I see a hole which you can't fall through.

3.The pillers are in mid air i'm gussing your working on it.

4.Had small problem with the lift.

Thats about it from me but many other people might find more things.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
          Ok back after running it the bots love shooting the **** out of each very different from what Ive seen.

1.Lighting needs a small work on.
          At this stage, don't bother about the look. I just want to know if it play well, if you like the layout, if everything is balanced (weapons, ammo & armors speaking).

2.Where an rocket ammo placement is I see a hole which you can't fall through.
          Yep, I intent to put some glass there with meshes under with some water steam & such.

3.The pillers are in mid air i'm gussing your working on it.
          Indeed, I will replace the BSP & the meshe there when time come.

4.Had small problem with the lift.
          Which one, there is 2 of them ?

Thats about it from me but many other people might find more things.
          THX for the quick run dude, it's appreciated

Comment

woohoo another baby to come...D/L
            cant wait to see all that meshed and enlighted, will kick arses again for sure
            gl & thx for your solid work

Comment

LOL

THX to you to check it out old friend

Flying monkey will be happy I guess () PS: flying trough the windows near the RL...

I think I'm gonna do 2 versions. A simple one with mainly BSP & another one with much pretty visuals. I think it would be cool So folks with only fast gameplay & others like me that prefer prettier maps will be satisfied

Comment

Great idea about the lift it only stuffed up twice form being no the lower floor does it work both ways?

I know stupid question to ask.

Comment

Well, both lifts will lead you to the above floor. There is no need to make them going up for you if your getting closer to them on the second floor since if you jump down, you won't get any damage, it's not high enough.

Comment

Now that want it is then my bad.

Comment

My English is limited so I'm not sure if I understand you correctly dude

Comment

Meaning my fault there is nothing wrong with lift just me getting it all wrong. lol

I'm good at finding thing as Ive mod a few games and finding problems.

Comment

Haaa, ok, now I understand lol

Well, after the primary stuff will be finalized & when the map will reach her beta stage, I'm looking forward your skills to find things that might be wrong

BTW, for my own curiosity, would you prefer a simple map like this with only "basic" mesh work & lighting (higher framerate) or a more visually appealing version (lower framerate) ???

Comment

Visuals as having a nice graphic cards can handle the load.

Comment

I haven't read any comments, so...

Over all, I really like the layout. It's a "DM" level with a nice variety of elements to make for some fun fights. I presume that the map won't get "smaller" when you start adding more stuff to it.

1. Right below the vest armor (between the vest and shock rifle), you should add a jump pad to help with the flow.

2. I would be a bit more consistent with your ammo placement. Some pickups have 1 matching ammo near it (which is good), while some don't. Unless you did this for balancing reasons?

3. On one side of your map (starting with the lift that goes to the sniper gun all the way to player start 4, that's a long line of site for the sniper, Might be a problem?

4. I think Jump Pad 1 should be replaced with a lift that will stop on the next level, but allow you to lift jump to the top level.

5. More of a beta suggestion, but make sure the bots don't try to jump from one side of the pool (near the Udamage) to the other side in one double jump!

BTW, for my own curiosity, would you prefer a simple map like this with only "basic" mesh work & lighting (higher framerate) or a more visually appealing version (lower framerate) ???
                              The map is going to be failry open, especially in the middle. I think a basic mesh work with nice lighting is the way to go. You don't want to "clutter" the player's sight with stuff in this layout. Also, optimizing collision would be easier too.

Comment

Working...
                              X