No announcement yet.

DM-Tranquility [FINAL BETA] [Updated: 12-11-09]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh don't worry the next version will be out within the next few hours as soon as i take some screenshots, and cook/upload the map.

Yeah I know it will never be perfect but there is a small list of things left I'd like to complete before I finalize it. There is nothing gameplay wise left to adjust unless someone brings something glaring to my attention.

Comment

Final Beta version is up Enjoy. The map is for the most part done, final release will be comming soon.

Comment

Yippie !!!

****, this is an awesome friday

Will try it out ASAP !

THX mate

Comment

I have totally missed this one, ****, looks awesome, and the lighting, wow !

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
            I have totally missed this one, ****, looks awesome, and the lighting, wow !
            +1 to that!
            Downloading now!

Comment

Great work I try the last beta.

Downloading

Comment

Just had some matchs, indeed the material on the buildings is very nice

I saw a lot of changes in a lot of places & it's for the better

This is what I notice :

Here, near the Enforcer terrain need to be a bit smoothen &/or rocks need to have collision off :

[screenshot]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8229/screenshot00003t.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5316/screenshot00004h.jpg[/screenshot]

The plant here is to big & need to be reduce so the sniper can hide in it :

[screenshot]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1296/screenshot00001x.jpg[/screenshot]

The material bump offset is to much. I know it look good depending on the surface mesh but on the other surface it look very very odd. I suggest you reduce the bump a bit so it look less odd :

[screenshot]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7941/screenshot00000j.jpg[/screenshot]

Rocks are floating :

[screenshot]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8402/screenshot00002jl.jpg[/screenshot]

Great work mate, it worth the wait & keep it up

Comment

Yeah I have known about the rocks near the enforcer, I thought I had fixed them for the most part.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say about the plant.

The bump offset problems come from the fact that most of the rock meshes uses a basic box uvw map as opposed to a hand done uvw map to save me time and due to the limits of having it automap the surface, it causes weird stretching errors and when the automapping tries to stretch coordinates to fit on the surface, it creates weird effects when bump offset is applied. The problem is easily fixed by unwrapping the uvw and doing it by hand but it is an absolute pain to stitch together complicated meshes and takes awhile depending upon exactly how may polygons the surface is and how complicated it is.

The floating rocks have to do with a mesh that used to be under them in a pre-beta build that I later deleted, I fix floating meshes as I come across them but when there are 7k meshes sometimes you miss a few. It's an easy fix.

I also noticed that you were getting nearly 60 fps in those screens which is good to know considering i average about 15 fps across the map with it going as low as 5 fps and as high as 35 fps on my computer

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas000 View Post
                    Yeah I have known about the rocks near the enforcer, I thought I had fixed them for the most part.
                    Well, I only collide on those 2 spots. One because of the terrain & the other caused by the rocks on the ground.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say about the plant.
                    I mean the plant is to big & just need to be scaled down a bit.

The bump offset problems come from the fact that most of the rock meshes uses a basic box uvw map as opposed to a hand done uvw map to save me time and due to the limits of having it automap the surface, it causes weird stretching errors and when the automapping tries to stretch coordinates to fit on the surface, it creates weird effects when bump offset is applied. The problem is easily fixed by unwrapping the uvw and doing it by hand but it is an absolute pain to stitch together complicated meshes and takes awhile depending upon exactly how may polygons the surface is and how complicated it is.
                    I know it can be very complicated to adjust. I just point stuff out in case you miss them

The floating rocks have to do with a mesh that used to be under them in a pre-beta build that I later deleted, I fix floating meshes as I come across them but when there are 7k meshes sometimes you miss a few. It's an easy fix.
                    Yep, you have a lot of rocks on the ground but only those where really obvious. You have others elsewhere but nobody will notice them so I didn't mention them. I know you do what you can mate, I'm just a second pair of eyes

I also noticed that you were getting nearly 60 fps in those screens which is good to know considering i average about 15 fps across the map with it going as low as 5 fps and as high as 35 fps on my computer
                    Well, depending on spots, I can go down to 33 FPS with my old GF9800 GT when there is a lot of action. FPS are much better with my Radeon HD4870.

Comment

I am running on a system with a core 2 quad 3.0 Ghz with ATI Radeon 5870 and at some points of the map (looking at the trees) my fps will drop below 30...when not in view of the whole mountain of trees everything is fine (back up to normal fps 80-100 ish) really fun map playing with 12 bots...but something is dropping my FPS alot.

Comment

Hey dude, any news

Been a while you didn't post something, last time it was last year lol

Hope your still working on it

Comment

I didn't forget ya know

Final............ whou hou

Comment

Looks like the last time he was on was...
                            01-20-2010

I hope everything is alright with the author..
                            You know steve this is starting to become a pattern, next we will find out that atlas got a job at a game company and doesn't have the time to finish the map.

Comment

Yeah, that is very sad

Seem like a trend these days. Make a great potential map & leave it unfinished when it just so close to final. Brief, lot's of great public maps are just dead

I've see fabulous maps while doing private testing that hasn't never been publicly published. I was hoping someday the author would make it public but they didn't I read promises after promises of new map Edition without anything concrete fact after months & months of waiting. Just bull***t.

In the other hand, the fact that constructive feedback is so rare, practically no one help each other & threads are getting low voting stars for absolutely no reason is enough convincing to make any author disappear from the forums.

Atlas000, hope it's not your case & that we will get the final

Comment

Well Well Well, it has been a long time hasn't it. Well I haven't forgotten, but sorry to say I haven't touched the map in the last two months or so. Got busy with other projects, moved my work to another computer, started fiddling around with the UDK and completely forgot about this. Oops!

I finally have time though to finish it and it has peaked my interest again so stay tuned for more news.

Comment

Working...
                                X