Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 2

Hey dude,

Just played B2 & in all, it's much better. There are still things that you should enhance IMHO.

1- As already mention, put BV (blocking volume) outside the play area so the player won't be able to go out the play area & also set the BV to block all so the projectile won't be rendered for nothing & by the same time will save some precious FPS. This is wayyyyyy to high for nothing & frankly rune the atmosphere :

[screenshot]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9840/screenshot00000f.jpg[/screenshot]

2- Udamage is floating & the meshes (yellow circle) are oversampling.

[screenshot]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/346/screenshot00001.jpg[/screenshot]

3- Weapons in double aren't my cup of tea. I admit that the 2 sniper weapon make sense & there placement are logic, so it's a good thing. Still, 2 dual enforcer is IMO to much & 1 of them could be replace by another powerup like the bezerk (BTW, bezerk + dual enforcer is WOW). Also, the rocket launcher placement is not very good since you can camp there & shoot below (like I've done many many time) before dying (since there is 50 health nearby). It's very difficult to kill someone that is shooting at you from that area with a RL in is hand. The Shock rifle would be a good way of taking down the RL guy but since you put the shock at the same level as the RL, it's even harder to get the RL player ! Don't count on a dual enforcer to take down a RL + a Shock guy shhoting at you in TDM ! I suggest that you reconsider that part of the map weapon speaking because it doesn't feel right and the hitscan player have to much advantage. For the RL weapon, it's strongly suggested that you place it on a very open & low area & not on upper area so the RL guy can be kill.

4- A lot of the grass are very high & block the view. I suggest you make them shorter.

[screenshot]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9281/screenshot00002o.jpg[/screenshot]

In all, it's a very nice improvement & THX for putting some of my previous suggestions.

Comment

New Version is Up

Comment

atlas can you upload it somewhere else like mediafire. fileplanet is asking me to install activex and that will install ign dowload manager. i just want to download it one click.

Comment

1.02, Cool

I see you did included some of my previous suggestions, which I appreciate.

I will appreciate even more if you would give proper credits...

BTW, the readme file is the same as the previous release (1.01) ?

Will try this version this week & comments back if something

THX

Comment

Ya, as much as you have been testing it, you deserve to go in the credits lol. Yes the suggestions have been very helpful. As to other peoples content in the map, there no longer is any, I have replaced it all with custom stuff I made.

I thought I fixed the readme file, oh well.

And as to an alternative download, I put a link up for filefront up as soon as I can.

Comment

This really reminds me of Shrift.

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to do so, been really busy lately, but there's now a link to filefront for DL.

This really reminds me of Shrift.
                Yeah I was kinda trying to achieve a similar bright, open feel but completely different theme. I actually got inspiration for this map from RE5.

Comment

I don't really know what else to do to this map, if there are no comments then I'll go ahead and release the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas000 View Post
                    I don't really know what else to do to this map, if there are no comments then I'll go ahead and release the final.
                    There are so many hot stuff that as been release for MSUC P4 that it can take some times before you get some feedback.

It's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery quiet on most of the forums (Epic & others) so I suggest you not to be in the hurry & leave your map in beta for a couple of weeks unless your stuck with a deadline ?

Comment

I agree with Stevelois just wait one more week then if no new posts then it's fine.

Comment

Given your goal of focusing on the visuals, I say you are meeting it very well. The map looks very nice and has some cool design elements. Here are a some concerns...

1. As you stated, the map needs to be optimized as much as it can given it's open nature of the design.

2. Some parts of the map feel fairly "big" and over scaled. Granted you can't do much about it now, but having the grass/plants be so tall doesn't help as you can actually hide in them (which also causes issues). IMHO, they need to be shorter.

3. Since I am new to making custom meshes, I just wonder if assigning a simpler material to the faces that now use the default material would be a bit more effecient when it comes to rendering them?

4. In the editor, I also noticed there was a background mesh (on the opposite side of the map compared to the canyon), that can't be seen.

5. While I like the "bright" lighting, there is a lot of places where it seems to be too bright when it hits the rock meshes, which doesn't help the visual quality of your map.

Over all, it's a very nice map and hope to see a more "efficient" final version.

Comment

Well I know its been a while but I've been very busy lately so I haven't really had time to work on the map as much as I would like. Optimization has been difficult. A final version should be coming along relatively soon.

Comment

srsly, ut3 needs morenatural nature maps,,, the dark robotic levels and **** makes me depressed.....

Comment

Hey dude,

Been able to try B2,

**** I like that map & it's going in my top picks for sure

I notice some things. Nothing major & it can be address rather easily :

I always pay attention to sounds, I'm not only picky visually but also I like proper sounds all around the place not just foot sounds. Since this version is almost final I thought it will be the time to address all those little things.

I notice you use the terrain sound all over. You can assign sounds on your material (BSP & mesh).

Here, I suggest you assign the wood & the stone sounds on those materials :

[screenshot]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4691/screenshot00001ye.jpg[/screenshot]

While browsing around, I hear crickets where I'm aiming. It doesn't fit in day time. Please change this with lovely bird

[screenshot]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3448/screenshot00002a.jpg[/screenshot]

The patricle/emitter at the waterfall bottom need a bit of work, it look odd atm like the water splashing is going in another direction from the current.

[screenshot]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6355/screenshot00003e.jpg[/screenshot]

Green : the terrain is to abrupt, need to be soften a bit since I collide with it.
                              Blue : wood material is using the terrain sound.
                              Yellow : armor is not well placed on the plank & also a little inclination would be cool.

[screenshot]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5821/screenshot00005o.jpg[/screenshot]

That's it mate.

A fine map that goes directly in my top when final.

Awesome work mate !!!

Comment

This is a beautiful map. I've had it a while now and its on my play list.
                                I have a question though; is there any way to reduce the "glitter" effect from the trees without losing texture detail?
                                I use blossom for all UT3 maps and while i can set bloom to eradicate the worst of high detail effects, i cant get rid of the glitter from your trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X