No announcement yet.

DM-Tranquility [FINAL BETA] [Updated: 12-11-09]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback stevelois! Good to know about the player starts and weapon placement. I will try different placements and add a bunch more player starts. I could possibly try adding in the chestpiece and helmet in different locations so i'll work on that. I'm still trying to figure out why the custom meshes fail to collide with ragdolls. Yeah some parts are a little open so i think ill add some more meshes to break it up a little.

Comment

As for the GOW content i'll make sure to check to see if I can use it or not before changing it out if need be for the contest. I will still save a version with those assets in and cook it for the PS3 if you want but I'll tweak pickup placement first.

Comment

this map look great

Comment

I'll download it and try soon.

Comment

It's a hitscan oriented map due to the openness, and you have the shock and sniper very close. This would make spawn location too critical. The person who spawns close to these weapons would have an immedaite advantage, which would be an even more noticable imbalance in TDM.

You could space them out, or you could create duplicate weapon spwans somewhere on the opposite side of the map, or both.

This is a fairly big map, don't hesitate to use the same weapon spawn twice.

Very nice map

edit: yeah, IMO the map needs more weapon spawns, I find myself going for too long without running into a weapon.

Comment

I enjoyed this map but there a some slight drops in fps down as low 20-25

Comment

Didn't think about putting weapons in twice, I'll look into it. I am currently in the process of replacing all of the Gears of War content with custom content. I should have another beta up in a few days with more player spawns, adjusted pickups and placement, in addition to a few fixed lightmap, collision adjustment, and better optimization.

Comment

Lot's of popular maps have doubled up on the weapon spawns....Deck for instance.

Comment

As for weapons in double, it's not my cup of tea unless it's a ctf-vctf-war type map & the layout can permit to have all weapons (including the dual enforcer) + all armors + more than 1 powerup. It's up to you to place them in better spots than now to balance the gameplay.

I didn't check the map in the editor but you can add some utdefensepoint at strategics spots for TDM if it's not already done.

I'm looking forward the next beta

Comment

Getting back to frame rate 20-25 is very low maybe it needs a overlook somethings are to close for some peoples computers to handle I'm sure there is alot of people out their with PC that can't keep up.

I know my computer shouldn't have problems but it does.

Comment

I like the changes. The sniper spots are a lot of fun.

Comment

Man, that is one seriously beautiful map!

Comment

Thanks 4TX4. I know frame rate isn't that great and its partially because there is nothing to occlude most of the map in the middle of it, which makes optimization difficult, so I've been trying to optimize everything in it to try to get the best fps out of it i can.

Comment

I fix most of the frame rate just incressing the GPU 745 to 800Mhz, memory clock 1.1 to1.2Ghz and last and not least sharder clock 1.8 to 1.9Ghz.

she runs nice so atlas000 no need to worry if everyone could do this we would have no problems with FR.

Comment

Lol if only.

I've already started working on the next version, fixed a few pathing errors involving bots getting stuck against walls and a few problems where the player would become stuck and unable to move. I've also improved some of the textures so they are less blurry and added a new sky texture.

Comment

Working...
                                X