Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Dimension-Beta2, A battle through different Planets[Pics][Download][Update 8-19-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Dimension-Beta2, A battle through different Planets[Pics][Download][Update 8-19-09

Visit Link for final release

Final Release

Downloading now I'll test it.

Comment

Runs fine one glitch with graphics but I think it could be shruged off.

Comment

Cool concept...neat looking machine and nice backgrounds. Gameplay-wise though I think it could be really improved. Not much health, really simple areas...the teleporting is a neat idea but since all the areas are exactly the same, it has no effect on gameplay, and because it's so frequent, it's really just a jarring shake-up in the middle of battles.

Also rather than have it log to the screen (really not something I notice in the middle of battle messages), I'd suggest some visual cue like the machine spinning up, or maybe a post process effect that brightens or flares up gradually over 10 seconds or something when it's about to go off.

Again good concept, but I think it's got a lot more potential as a map...keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Distant Land View Post
          Not much health, really simple areas...the teleporting is a neat idea but since all the areas are exactly the same, it has no effect on gameplay, and because it's so frequent, it's really just a jarring shake-up in the middle of battles.
          Not every area is exactly the same, have u notice that in the ice area the one of the armor pickups has been replaced by something better, same with the lava area

most of the health is on the first floor

Originally posted by Zerglings View Post
          Runs fine one glitch with graphics but I think it could be shruged off.

And what might that glitch be?

Comment

Just a small flicker on wall nothing much just let you know.

It not my computer I know that for sure.

Comment

The pickups may be different but the playfield is the same...the change is mostly just cosmetic...you've got an arena with a few good backgrounds and you change position every minute or so. Even if it stays square, and the same layout, some environmental effects like fire that damages you, or rocks that fall would go a long way to integrating the idea into the gameplay

Comment

Beta 2

Beta 2 is out!!!

Changes in Beta 2
                -Added some stuff in most areas to make gameplay little different
                -Improved the backgrounds
                -Added more atomsphere to the different areas
                -Made some postprocess and sound to turn on when the teleporter is about to teleport the players
                -Change the timer on the teleporter from 30 sec to 40 sec
                -some minor changes

enjoy

Comment

If no one tells me if anything is wrong, I'll just call this map final

Comment

Hmm,beta2 is a final release & no screenies? WTF,no dl.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
                      Hmm,beta2 is a final release & no screenies? WTF,no dl.
                      uuuuhhhh........ Did u not see the link to the final release? Its pretty much right there. -_-

Comment

Working...
                      X