• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-CommunistHalls_Beta1 [Pics][Beta2a]

Name:CommunistHalls
    Version: Beta
    Compatibility: PC only as of right now
    Description: A simple Lower Poly map that was based off the origional theme of AnarchyHalls by TheVoid. Just changed the game play a wee bit and has an entirely different feel.
    Comments: This is still a Beta so please give condstructive Criticism and not just rag on it. (First Published Map BTW) Oh another thing. The jump pads are a bit... interesting... still. And two, the vehicles are all set to start neutral so you better get to them quick!
    Screenshot:

Credits: Myself, TheVoid for inspiration , Epic, and some of éX for a bit of testing
    Homepage: n/a
    Download: http://www.filefront.com/14206161/VC...lls_Beta2a.zip

map is not working
    map make my ut3 quite

Comment

Crashed mine too

Comment

Crashed my game

Comment

**** alright. Ill recook it. i dont think it made a config file this time round.

*Edit* Okay new link. Recooked it should have a config setting now too
          *2nd Edit* okay bad news. ive heard from a few people that it still crashes. mainly my fault for being blind on this one. Im taking off the DL link but will hopefully get it fixed and up later today.

Comment

Okay so it took me three times to make it work. but its there now

Comment

ok i have tested out the map and it is great but i found that it is to straight forward, the jump pads to the top wont take you up there unless u do it right(i kept hiting my het on the the ceiling then falling back to the ground, and on the blue base where the water is u have no texture on one of the walls.

Other than that great map!!!

Comment

Thanks! and yeah i know, fixing the jump pads are still on my list to do. and the texture on the weall in the water was only there because i forgot to change it right before i cooked it =P. but it will be fixed with next version

Comment

ok , oh yeah and by the way when u get in the scavenger it faces u the wrong way so u would have to rotate them around so they are facing forward.

Comment

Okay Beta2a is out! lots of changes with pads, and a few layoutchanges aswell

Comment

Need to make the topic say Beta2a

And the map is looking awesome keep up the good work.

Comment

What would be the appeal of this map if it was just called "Halls" and didn't have the communist pictures just pasted on the walls without any consideration for whether they look good on the walls. I can tell you that the map would actually look nicer if those images weren't there. They look very cheesy. Maybe if these images were on flowing flags or banners. But I see the map and think "MSPAINt" for some reason.

I think there should be more things in the map that give it a communist theme besides the fact that you just found a picture of Stalin and used it as a decal on a wall. And I think just a bit more thought should be used with the placement of these images, and how they are presented.

Comment

for some reason filefront wont let me download the map i wanna see wat you have changed

Comment

well the images are there really because im making a cheap knock off version of the Voids Anarchy Halls. But yes i can see what you mean. Ill be making alot more changes for the next beta/final version
                            And as for the filefront link not working... hmm idk everyone else i know hasnt had a problem. I
                            Is anyone else having trouble DLing the map?

Comment

Working...
                            X