Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-Haunting the Chapel BETA2 (screens, download)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put DARKMATCH in the Title of my Halloween version of Arena Of Death DARKMATCHVCTF-ArenaOfDeath and it works perfectly. It should work with any gametype since the code is in the UTPawn class. Sanchez if you want to talk to me directly I can make you a vent account over here at Hedsteem. Do you ever get on GOW vent? I can get on there too if you want.

Comment

Rumple, I tried toggleable lights that flash when the lightning strikes but it does drop fps. It does look kick *** and I'll have to try to solve the fps problem, if possible.

In world properties I do have the name set as DARKMATCHWAR-Haunting The Chapel.

I only really get 1 online night which is Sundays which I'm on GOW vent. You could come on there or hook me up with a HED account. Either way is cool

Comment

OK. How many lights did you try? I think I only used 1 for Rumple's Raceway and everyone seems to get decent frame rates.

Comment

I used 1 light per lightning mesh that shot light from the direction each one was facing. There were 3 so I used 3 lights. I did try just 1 light but that dropped fps just as much as 3. I also only used 2 lighting channels, bsp and static.

I will tinker with it more. If I limit the duration of the flash more maybe it will be better.

Comment

The duration on mine is between 0.5 and 1 second. One other thing I noticed. The grass meshes in your foliage layer use the stock material and "glow" in the dark. This is because the stock material for them has everything connected to the emissive channel. I fixed this problem in VCTF-BackyardBBQ by duplication the material and mesh to my map package and editing the material to it would light properly, then apply it to the duplicated mesh and using that in the foliage layer. One thing that can effect FPS it the foliage layer. Try turning it off or reducing the draw distance. If thats the reason for the FPS drop then tweaking the draw distance of the foliage layer may fix the problem. I got no less than 50 FPS but that was without bots or any weapons fire. The map isnt that big so theres no reason it should have poor frame rates. Get a hold of Plugh. He knows a lot about optimization.

Comment

beta 2 download up in first post.... Rumples lightning FX idea is kick ***! Many other changes................

Comment

Sweet! Downloading!

Comment

I'll definitely check this out!!!

Comment

Sanchez...THIS MAP IS @#$*!IN AWESOME!!!! The lightning looks great and helps light up dark areas. I get exactly the same frame rates as the other version. A solid 62 and in certain areas it dips briefly to 48 or 50. I also love the ambient sounds, wolves etc. Nice touch!

Comment

Very nice job. The atmosphere is great. I fell off the mover to the countdown node the 1st time. It started to move before I was on it... LOL

It did seem that the flashes from the lightning where coming from underneath the trees though. I didn't notice any collision or other issues with it, though.

Nice work..

Comment

thanks guys, I'm glad you like it

Sound effects, there will be more! I spent the morning taking and messing with samples..

Comment

currently working on a VCTF version. It will be mostly the same theme but vastly different in terms of layout. If some testers would be willing to try it out when I get a beta ready that would be sweet since I'm not as experienced with VCTF as WAR. A first beta of the VCTF version is a little ways off though.

Comment

change of plans: UT3 VCTF version on hold indefinitely. I am converting this map to Unreal Tournament 2004 Onslaught gametype. I'm planning on making a countdown node and other things for 2k4 as well . ONS 2.0 for UT2k4, maybe....

Final version of UT3 Warfare version will be released on August 21st or August 29th.

UT2k4 is my game of choice when bored and think my spare time would be better served creating things for that game. Plus I like the idea, challenge rather, of trying to create graphically rich maps on an older, and somewhat limited engine...

Comment

Working...
                            X