• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-FunZoneBETA1

Name:VCTF-FunZone
    Version:1.0 Beta
    Compatibility:PC 2.0+
    Description:High in the clouds on a jovian planet, the tournament uses this modest facility to hold its flag tournies.
    Comments: First version, small fast-paced spam modeled after anarchy, arena & feelgood. The map centers around a raptor platform that comes up every few minutes, announced by Nero aka Coolcat (he'll also say some other hilarious stuff). "Secret" redeemer/shieldbelt room if you take the lift down.
    Screenshot:

Credits:Mclogenog, Nero, Cherries, Void, Oldskool, Remus
    Homepage: www.utforce.com
    Download:http://www.filefront.com/13990035/FunZoneBETA1.rar/

Currently on the To-Do list:

Bot Support
    Minimap
    Some BSP corrections
    More Nero
    Some color tweaks
    PS3 cook

Looking for:

Random ideas
    Layout suggestions
    Deployment suggestions
    Powerup suggestions
    Bugs
    etc

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

OMFG FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

So it is a pretty good map as far as I can tell.....except for the OMFG WHITE everywhere..it burns my eyes!

Comment

Lol, you need to get some nero announcements spoken like he types
      dont go too my plz too life in the futhere sucks

Comment

The solid colors have to go! Plays nicely though.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
          The solid colors have to go! Plays nicely though.
          map feedback poetry, noticed by me.

Comment

Fun map that's got some good potential to it.

Setting: I don't mind the colors but from the screenshot, and even in the map I keep getting the impression of a city...some buildings around outside the arena in the same style would be cool, and bring it out of a white void, unless that's what you're going for. Also some variety in the lighting, especially in those lower covered areas would be great. You could keep the same style but add visually interesting things that I think would go a long ways to making the map more appealing and enjoyable to play in, and even strengthen whatever you're going for style-wise.

Gameplay is fun with some decent battles, z-axis, and area to cover. In CTF I was having fun with the hoverboard, as the open spaces and easy angles suit it pretty well. At one point I thought there was gonna be something awesome and those orange glowing bumpers on the top floor were gonna be vehicle-boost ramps to grind up...they totally look like it with the way they come off the building. Other boost-spots or interesting things/architecture to round things out a bit for the hoverboard would be great though, since it's already mostly there.

Also, If you had some deployables in there, slow fields or whatever else, the battles would be broken up and a bit more complex, given a lot of the straightforward areas.

For architecture, you might make those columns in the upper area a little less of a barrier, but some of the wider open spaces could use some breaking up, or a little more added to allow for more routes.

I'd like to see where you end up with a final version of this one, since it has potential, but for now, nice job.

Comment

Fun map that's got some good potential to it.

Setting: I don't mind the colors but from the screenshot, and even in the map I keep getting the impression of a city...some buildings around outside the arena in the same style would be cool, and bring it out of a white void, unless that's what you're going for. Also some variety in the lighting, especially in those lower covered areas would be great. You could keep the same style but add visually interesting things that I think would go a long ways to making the map more appealing and enjoyable to play in, and even strengthen whatever you're going for style-wise.

Gameplay is fun with some decent battles, z-axis, and area to cover. In CTF I was having fun with the hoverboard, as the open spaces and easy angles suit it pretty well. At one point I thought there was gonna be something awesome and those orange glowing bumpers on the top floor were gonna be vehicle-boost ramps to grind up...they totally look like it with the way they come off the building. Other boost-spots or interesting things/architecture to round things out a bit for the hoverboard would be great though, since it's already mostly there.

Also, If you had some deployables in there, slow fields or whatever else, the battles would be broken up and a bit more complex, given a lot of the straightforward areas.

For architecture, you might make those columns in the upper area a little less of a barrier, but some of the wider open spaces could use some breaking up, or a little more added to allow for more routes.

I'd like to see where you end up with a final version of this one, since it has potential, but for now, nice job.
              Thank you for the helpful post sir!

Yeah, I was considering some city scapes in the background + maybe some snowy mountains. What stopped me was I wanted to keep the map size relatively low, but I guess it wont add too much. I will try to add more 'visually appealing' stuff too!

Orange glowing bumpers orange glowing bumpers...Not sure I included any orange in the map...Oh! You must mean the helmet 'thing' with the rotating color material. I see. I'm afraid to add boosts to such a small map because it'd make runs ridiculously easy. Maybe I can tweak it so it will disallow flag carriers but that sounds pretty tricky in kismet. Or maybe not, i'm still new to it.

I was thinking about any x-ray generator because they're generally less of an annoyance than slowfields and less of a gamebreaker.

Thanks again!

Comment

i heard this map is getting a nice workover

(post pics of development? )

Comment

The Raptor is coming GO TO IT!!!! LOLOLOL the future is so sweet

Comment

idk

;/

Comment

looks like its turning out nicely!

keep up the good work

Comment

zomg, I thought you were getting rid of the blinding white light?

Comment

How is it blinding? Have you even loaded the map brett?

Quit being such a pratt, lol.

Anyway, I'm done with it for now...Void said he's gonna look over it for me but ATM I just dont feel like bothering with it anymore.

Comment

Solid white is about as close as you can get to blinding. Throw in some bloom and it really enforces the illusion. Fortunately my monitor isn't literally blinding.

Comment

HI,

I've just played the map for 'bout 15 minutes now

I really like it! Except that I didn't find the "secret" room :/

You should look to the spawning points: when bots go on the hoverbord in the spawning bases, they cannot get out and are stuck there. I don't know if you can fix this, but still...

I really would not use the layout of your new screenshot, but that's just me

Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X