No announcement yet.

KilterBR 1.0b9: Bombing Run, 2k4 Style! [Updated 2/7/10]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. I had just found out through someone else right before I saw your post.

Comment

Beta 7 now available.

Changes in 1.0b7
      • Fixed issue where ball trail would zoom from last place ball was picked up to current launch/drop location using Rigid Body physics.
      • Fixed issue where ball tracking in HUD would sometimes not show correct position when carried using Rigid Body physics.
      • Fixed issue where if a pawn feigns death while holding the ball, it would actually get killed using Rigid Body physics.
      • Fixed issue where dodging would appear to lag or glitch.
      • Fixed issue where standing against a wall and shooting ball would reset the ball using Rigid Body physics.
      • Fixed issue where ball would immediately reset if it entered a pain-inducing volume. It now waits until it has
        landed before 'dying' like 2k4. You should use killZ volumes if you want areas where you can shoot the ball into
        and have it reset immediately.

Comment

Version 8 just posted:

Fixed issue where multi-dodge was glitching/stuttering. Was mostly a replication bug in the gametype, but even with that fix it wasn't 100%. So multi-dodge is once again part of the core game as an option in the UTKilterBRSettings.ini file. The multi-dodge gives you unlimited dodging, dodge-jump, and if you wall dodge, it can stop your fall.

Comment

I had the same issue with our br's Allow Dodge Jump option. The solution was I had to perform the operation on both client and server. Not replication, mind you, but actually performing the operation locally both on the server code and the client code. Only by running the same code simutaneously on both server and client did the jerkyness stop. I used the same code but use the Simulated keyword to run the code in both environments. Then it worked perfectly, no glitches. Using replication in cases like this causes jerkyness.

Comment

Originally posted by warhead2 View Post
            I had the same issue with our br's Allow Dodge Jump option. The solution was I had to perform the operation on both client and server. Not replication, mind you, but actually performing the operation locally both on the server code and the client code. Only by running the same code simutaneously on both server and client did the jerkyness stop. I used the same code but use the Simulated keyword to run the code in both environments. Then it worked perfectly, no glitches. Using replication in cases like this causes jerkyness.
            Yeah, I know. My multi-dodge mutator does do the work on both ends. But when falling a ways and then wall-dodging, there was still some sort of ickiness. And by then I was tired of playing around with it. :-)

My replication issues were just about ensuring the right values for the various dodgespeed settings were always being obeyed. Otherwise, server/client were running at two different speeds.

Comment

I actually just thought of what might have been glitching with my multi-dodge mut. I'll try to fix that tonight.

EDIT: ****. Nope. My thought was wrong. I have no idea.

Comment

have you tried messing with utpawn.DodgeResetTime? that seems to control the multi dodge in stock ut. seems like you would just have to set it to some low value, maybe even 0, on both server and client to get unlimited dodging.

in my case for dodge jumping, i just put a .25 second simulated timer which runs both sides to keep the stock ut variable overridden to the value i want, as ut kept fighting with me for rights over it. now i know you dont like timers but me i don't mind using a hammer to assert myself over ut

in your case however you probably won't have that issue because it looks like they don't do much with DodgeResetTime at all, so whatever value you force in outta stick. it's not a replicated var though, so you would have to set it both sides. i think you also have your own utpawn even, so setting it's even ez'r 4u.

Comment

Nice job on this mod. *SIG* only runs public DM servers, but BR is our favorite teamgame for private events. We have been playing Reliquary's great UT3 version and love it. Now we have two BR worlds to dip into whenever the mood suits us. Thank you.

BTW, I want to say that I truly am awed by the goodwill and cooperation among the modders in UT. Here are two modders working on the same project and there is no jealously or animosity in evidence - just graciousness and cooperation. I wish you both the best of luck with your projects. I woulldn't still be hanging in with UT after all these years without the wonderful custom content that folks like you provide.

BTW, I run both mods with the following mutators:

Jumparoo_V2.UTMutator_Jumparoo
                  HiSpeedLowGravityMutator001.HiSpeedLowGravityMutat or
                  SigSniper.SIGArena (a sniper rifle arena)
                  BattleMOD.BattleMod
                  PF_HitSound.MutHitSounds
                  UTGame.UTMutator_NoTranslocator

Comment

i finally instal this mod and i was like lets go online and then all the servers
                    have passewords
                    sad face

Comment

Well ours has a password because half the time I have bits that are experimental on them :-O

Comment

Just posted beta 9. Fixed an issue in new multi-dodge code which would cause the pawn to not get set up properly (and therefore, not get multi-dodge capability). Meh, I say.

Comment

I played a few games on Crazylady server and thought it was cool -- but it did not interest me as I thought it was sniper rifiles .. but just reading through this post looks like it brings the ut2k4 feel .. which I love .. so I am going to check it out this weekend. ..

See my signature for server BR server info -- which is currently running the TR BR mod.

Comment

Working...
                          X