Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    Hmm, good question. I guess you would have to set them to not accept lights, which is easy to do. For bsp, in the surface properties (F5), you can crank up it's light map resolution to the highest value, that should pretty much eliminate any visible shadows.

For meshes, the problem would be that the mesh wouldn't be lit, unless it was using an emmisive texture? Never really messed around with this.

For your moving ring, I would probably disable shadows, but still enable bEnabled in the LightEnvironmentComponent section. I would set an appropriate AmbientGlow so you don't have to use dynamic lights to light it up, which will help frame rates.

In the DynamicLightEnvironmentcomponent section, you might be able to modify the ModShadowFadeoutExponent value (by increasing it). This might shorten your shadow.
    Thanks for all of the help Odedge. I'll have the issue fixed in the next beta

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
    Does anyone know a way to make meshes and bsp's not accept shadows?
    Hmm, good question. I guess you would have to set them to not accept lights, which is easy to do. For bsp, in the surface properties (F5), you can crank up it's light map resolution to the highest value, that should pretty much eliminate any visible shadows.

For meshes, the problem would be that the mesh wouldn't be lit, unless it was using an emmisive texture? Never really messed around with this.

For your moving ring, I would probably disable shadows, but still enable bEnabled in the LightEnvironmentComponent section. I would set an appropriate AmbientGlow so you don't have to use dynamic lights to light it up, which will help frame rates.

In the DynamicLightEnvironmentcomponent section, you might be able to modify the ModShadowFadeoutExponent value (by increasing it). This might shorten your shadow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know a way to make meshes and bsp's not accept shadows?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    Humm,
    if your ring is an interpactor, you can disable the dynamic shadow projeted by your ring with going to it's properties, and uncheck the option "bEnabled" under the "lightEnvironementComponent" menu.
    By this way, the ring will not cast dynamic shadow anymore.

If your ring is a SM, then go to its properties and disable the option "bCastShadow".

Hope it help
    Thanks, the your advice worked. Sadly now the ring is completely black. I'm going to keep looking for a way to fix this.

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
    [
    Known Issues
    -A giant shadow created by the spinning ring around the map looks really cool but the shadow can go through walls. If you don't understand me you will know right away when you play on the map. If you know how to fix this PLEASE tell me!
    Humm,
    if your ring is an interpactor, you can disable the dynamic shadow projeted by your ring with going to it's properties, and uncheck the option "bEnabled" under the "lightEnvironementComponent" menu.
    By this way, the ring will not cast dynamic shadow anymore.

If your ring is a SM, then go to its properties and disable the option "bCastShadow".

Hope it help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I managed to get both elevators to function properly and they will be updated on the next beta.

I don't actually have a name for this map yet. I am just calling it SpaceStation for the time being. If you can think of a suitable name I might use it

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM-SpaceStation [Updated - beta 2.0 - 7/2/09]

DM-SpaceStation [Updated - beta 2.0 - 7/2/09]

Name:DM-SpaceStation
    Version:Beta 2.0
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: A small Liandri station in orbit around a planet now in use for the tournament. ( later i plan of making the station actually rotate around the planet, but for now it stays still )
    Comments:

I do not plan on keeping this name for the map. I am open to ideas for names! If I decide to use the name you come up with I will add you to my credits.

Changes from Beta 1.0
    -The elevators have been revamped
    -Basic bot pathing has been added (the bots don't use the elevators yet)
    -Various meshes have been set to "no collision" to prevent you from getting stuck
    -The giant shadow has been fixed (Thanks to Odedge and sebastian-nova)

If you find any bugs, glitches, or have any ideas please tell me
    Screenshot:

Credits: Epic (of course), Odedge and sebastian-nova (for helping me fix the shadow issue), and me (haha)
    Download: FileFront
Working...
X