Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-PurificationNecris beta 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-PurificationNecris beta 1

Name:CTF-PurificationNecris
    Version:Beta 1
    Compatibility: patch 2.0 or superior
    Description: When the squad necro kept prisoners, they went through a processing of purification, ie celebral washing and removal of all fluids from the body, then receive a new command, to destroy all forms of life to what find the front

Comments: the map has a light serene,a gameplay objective, added several UTDeployable over the map to facilitate a possible strategy, on the more ... I hope you enjoy,

Screenshots:

By wolfbad6 at 2009-06-07

Credits: Epic games UE3 , David Lisboa
    Homepage: http://www.symphonyhell.blogspot.com/

Download:
    via 4shared.com

via fileFront

via ModDb
    enjoy
    cherrs to all

I'm at work now but for what I can tell from the pics, it look good

Only odd thing imo is the lighting. Not that I don't like it but your primary light source are yellow but your lit is red ? When you use some red & yellow lights sources in the same pic the red lights size & brightness are half the yellow one so it doesn't make sense to me that the surrounding is more red than yellow

The layout, architecture & mesh work are looking very well made

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      I'm at work now but for what I can tell from the pics, it look good

Only odd thing imo is the lighting. Not that I don't like it but your primary light source are yellow but your lit is red ? When you use some red & yellow lights sources in the same pic the red lights size & brightness are half the yellow one so it doesn't make sense to me that the surrounding is more red than yellow

The layout, architecture & mesh work are looking very well made
      thanks stevelois

I also copied some Meshes inside this map, I ordered the lights on a tip from an art teacher and she told me, that tone brown with red would be nice,
      on the next version I will further impact on the lights, this my friend suggested me this,i we further testing,

on the more , Glad you liked, I hope you too enjoy the gameplay

Comment

I'll try your map for sure but I can't say when because I'm quite busy ATM in RL

For the little time I have left when I'm able to UT-ish, I work on my second map & it's not a lot so... but I'll try it out.

For what I can tell, you use mostly the same package as I do & even some mesh work are very similar lol I think that you have a lot of lighting possibility to make the meshes stand out more.

I really like the fact that you use brown/red-ish colors because it fit well with yellow & work well with Necris assets

The only thing I don't like is the "bridge" in the 2 first pics that are made with Liandri support assets. Not that I don't like it, it's the mesh choice that I dislike. I would tend to use some Necris assets but not the Necris walkway assets because they're use to much often & you can use mesh work or BSP to make a nice one.

Comment

I'll try your map for sure but I can't say when because I'm quite busy ATM in RL

For the little time I have left when I'm able to UT-ish, I work on my second map & it's not a lot so... but I'll try it out.

For what I can tell, you use mostly the same package as I do & even some mesh work are very similar lol I think that you have a lot of lighting possibility to make the meshes stand out more.

I really like the fact that you use brown/red-ish colors because it fit well with yellow & work well with Necris assets

The only thing I don't like is the "bridge" in the 2 first pics that are made with Liandri support assets. Not that I don't like it, it's the mesh choice that I dislike. I would tend to use some Necris assets but not the Necris walkway assets because they're use to much often & you can use mesh work or BSP to make a nice one.
          thx stevelois
          Clearly I will improve much in the next version of this map , its very good tip on Liandri assets, want to put a more dynamic lighting, add some Meshes etc
          I now work, in my Previous map DM-BlackRock want to make two new versions this map ,

and really, have things we use and that seem very , like much of his other map DM-Nano , style fearlees ,lost cause very good , actually seem quite the way to build, very similar LOL, once again thanks for the tips,

see yeah

Comment

Hey

Good to know your gonna do some improvements to at least make a more suitable bridge & others aspects.

I remember have downloading DM-BlackRock & others stuff, but sadly, I had a HDD prob so I lost all my temporary stuff. I do like that map & it look very familiar with this one, at least from pics. I'll download it again

I think that all Necris maps look the same since the packages are limited in term of meshes, but I was more referring on how you use the meshe, the mesh work & not the meshes themselve. But anyway, it look very good already & it will be surely even more visually pleasing when you put the emphasis on lighting

C'ya

Comment

Hey

Good to know your gonna do some improvements to at least make a more suitable bridge & others aspects.

I remember have downloading DM-BlackRock & others stuff, but sadly, I had a HDD prob so I lost all my temporary stuff. I do like that map & it look very familiar with this one, at least from pics. I'll download it again

I think that all Necris maps look the same since the packages are limited in term of meshes, but I was more referring on how you use the meshe, the mesh work & not the meshes themselve. But anyway, it look very good already & it will be surely even more visually pleasing when you put the emphasis on lighting

C'ya
              right here at home, always play on your map DM-station 12, me and my brothers like of your map, and also we hope soon the DM-Nano,

I have several plans, import all content to my map DM-the lords of mergge, , already imports all mesh, just missing the textures and then create materials, I now more attention to DM-BlackRock,

c'ya bro

Comment

Ho, so you play Station12, glad to hear it

I remember seeing pics of "DM-the lords of mergge", I also comments (post #7). I hope that this map will include everything in 1 package

As far as I can say, visually, you have the eyes I'm looking forward the next version

Ciao

Comment

Hey dude

I've play the map & I must admit I have mixed thoughts...

I like the layout very much, it's a very nice one The audio aspect seem ok but I didn't very paid attention on my run but since I didn't encounter odd sounds, it must be fine for a beta. I nevery really check that on beta stage, only in RC stage.

The mesh work is also nice but still there are a lot of them that aren't well aligned. Maybe it's just me but I found plenty of them like windows frame, ceiling lights, pipes, etc. Anyway, everyone don't care about these things so you can forgive it.

The aspect I really don't like is item placement, There are plenty of rooms to place items but there are some area that there is nothing & others that have 2-3 weapons very close to each others which only concentrate the gameplay on specific spots & don't use others areas at all.

In the shock room, you collide with the "floor" & also taking damage when touching the green nano. I don't know why I'm supposed to get damage from touching some green stuff on the ground while I don't get any damage by swimming in the Nano in the middle of the map or in the Nano base ?

The 2 belt in front of each other is also not a good idea. Putting 200 armor so close when you can reach the platform by translocate in 5 secs ruins the gameplay. Combining that with the invicibility, nothing can stop the flag carrier. I would suggest replace the belt with sniper on both side & put the belt in place of the powerup to balance that area.

The powerup in the middle (in the nano stuff) is a good spot but it take to long to reach if you want to keep it. The PP volume there is also much to dense IMO. I would suggest to found a better color because the actual green is very "flat". I know it ain't supposed to be clear but no offense this is way to blurry IMO & don't look like nano.

Same thing with the Nano on each base, it's very blurry & also you collide on stuff on the bottom.

In all, it's a good looking map, but I think you should put the emphasis on items placement to more balance & enhance gameplay / flow & get rid of others stuff like the slow field & spider mine before publishing another beta.

Hope that help & don't hesitate to ask if you need something

Good luck bro

Comment

thanks stevelois
                    Clearly I will analyze it, I appreciate your opinion,,

hey at the right time I will ask you some things oks,

thanks you for attention ,

ciao

Comment

No prob bro, I know it ain't much but I think the smallest things can be helpful so don't hesitate, it's fine with me

Chaow

Comment

Working...
                      X