• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyRPG v0.93 [ PS3 ][Pics][Beta][DOWNLOAD][Updated 6-8-2009]

Name: EasyRPG
    Version: 0.93
    Compatibility: 2.1 and RBTTInvasion Rev 292+
    Description: A simple and clean RPG mutator that's compatible with anything (I hope)
    Screenshot:

Homepage: http://www.rbthinktank.com/
    Download: http://rbthinktank.com/rbthinktank/i...tegory&catid=4

EasyRPG

My goal is to create a clean and simple RPG without too much options you can choose from, and I want it to be somewhat like all the other RPG's we know (WoW or Lineage or whatever...) that's why I choose for the regular RPG attributes:
    Code:
    Strength	- Increases damage dealth
    Agility		- Increases movement/dodge speed and jump/dodge height
    Vitality	- Increases your health
    Constitution	- Reduces damage received
    Dexterity	- Makes your weapons shoot faster
    (It seems dexterity and agility should be switched, so it might... get switched )

There is a formula regarding how Strength and Constitution increase/reduce damage:
    Code:
    Damage*= (1 + (Strength * StrengthDamageEffect) * (PlayerLevel * LevelDamageEffect));
    Damage/= (1 + (Constitution * ConstitutionDefenceEffect) * (PlayerLevel * LevelDefenceEffect));
    I always wanted the damage bonus and reduction to be dependant on the player level as well, so there it is!

Configurable menu key

You can set the menu key to any key you like by typing in the console:
    Mutate EasyRPG SetMenuKey [YOURKEY]
    This is case-insensitive, the standard key for the menu is L
    You can also go into the UTEasyRPGClientSettings.ini file to set the key to whatever you like (as well as the HUD location where we'll go next)

Draggable HUD GUI Window thingy!

Though this is something small, it's also something big! AFAIK this is the only mutator where you can drag the HUD around!
    Press L (or whatever key you have set to the menu) and above the little window with your level and experience it now sais "Drag Me!". Drag that button, and you'll drag the little window along. If you somehow managed to drag the window out of your screen (LoL) you can always go into your UTEasyRPGClientSettings.ini and change HUDLocation to (X=0.5,Y=0.5) or something, this will place the HUD in the middle of the screen.

RPG Configurability

Due to it's simplicity this RPG doesn't support any types to 'plugins' (though you could get something to read your stats and base something on just that..)
    Nonetheless this RPG has many things you can configure:

Open up UTEasyRPG.ini and look up [EasyRPG.MutRPG]
    Code:
    [EasyRPG.MutRPG]
    OpenMenuCommand=EasyRPG OpenMenu	; Here you can actually change what command opens the menu for the players
    SetMenuKeyCommand=EasyRPG SetMenuKey	; Or here the command which lets you set the key that opens the menu
    RPGMenu=EasyRPGContent.UI.RPGMenu	; The location of the RPG menu, you can use your self created menu
    bAllowReset=True			; Wether players are allowed to reset their character
    StartingLevel=0				; The level on which players begin
    DeathExpPenaltyPct=0.250000		; When a player dies, he looses this percentage of it's experience
    bAllowLevelDown=True			; Whether a player can level down when player looses too much experience
    StatPointsPerLevel=1			; How many status points a player earns per level
    BonusExpMultiKill=1			; Gets added on each Double, Multi, Mega, etc. Kill
    BonusExpKillingSpree=5			; When an player gets a KillingSpree or something, they will get this amount of exp
    BonusExpKillFlagCarrier=5		; Extra experience awarded when played killed the flag carrier
    BonusExpLastSecondSave=3		; Exter experience awarded when flag carrier almost scored
    MaxStrength=0				; Max stat points, 0 means unlimited
    MaxVitality=0
    MaxAgility=40
    MaxConstitution=0
    MaxDexterity=40
    HealthPerVitality=5.000000		; Health increases this much per Vitality stat
    StrengthDamageEffect=0.050000		; Used in the Strength formula
    LevelDamageEffect=0.050000		; ...
    ConstitutionDefenceEffect=0.050000	; Used in the Constitution formula
    LevelDefenceEffect=0.050000		; ...
    AmmoPercentPerStrength=0.050000		; You gain this percentage of extra ammo per Strength (stronger, so carry more ammo)
    DodgeSpeedPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra dodge speed per Agility
    DodgeSpeedZPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra dodge height per Agility
    GroundSpeedPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra ground speed per Agility
    JumpZPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra jump height per Agility
    WeaponSpeedPctPerDexterity=0.050000	; Weapon speed is increased by this percentage per Dexterity
    ExpIncrementMethod=INCREMENT_MULTIPLY	; INCREMENT_MULTIPLY or INCREMENT_ADD
    ExpIncrementNumber=1.500000		; What to add, or multiply with
    LevelUpMessage=`name reached level `level!	; Level up message.. simple as that
    LevelDownMessage=`name went down to level `level...	; Level down message
    MonsterAdjustmentFactor=0.500000	; For use with RBTTInvasion, monsters adjust to the lowest level player in the server
    					; and get that level * this value, they distribute their stats equaly over Con and Str
    ExpTable=5				; Amount of exp needed to get to level 1 (you start on level 0)
    ExpTable=10				; Amount of exp needed to get to level 2
    ExpTable= ... 				; Etc...
    There are still some configurable options missing as this RPG isn't done yet (almost) hence it's a BETA

Bot Support

Yes, it supports bots!

RBTTInvasion Rev 292+ Compatible

EasyRPG is compatible with the latest version of RBTTInvasion, any older version might not work as far as monster adjustment goes and giving the right amount of experience.
    RBTTInvasion Rev 292+ has an extra entry in the MonsterTable where you can set how many points a monster is worth, EasyRPG reads this and gives you the points in experience!

WebAdmin

Yup, it has a WebAdmin interface, check it out: (Will change the layout, and add some tabs in the next release)

Death penalties
    When a player dies, he can loose an amount of experience! He can even level down! This is a configurable option.

I don't know what else to say, please try it and report any bugs you might find

PC Download
    PC Download: http://rbthinktank.com/rbthinktank/i...tegory&catid=4

PS3 Download
    So I cooked it for PS3, and I got a USERDATA.JAM file.. I have no idea what to do with it, so if anybody would slap this on their PS3 to test it, I'd appreciate it!
    PS3 Download:http://rbthinktank.com/rbthinktank/i...ownload&cid=24

Source code
    http://rbthinktank.com/rbthinktank/i...ownload&cid=35

Here's also a server running EasyRPG (with RBTTInvasion Rev292+):

Alright, it's up for download. I fixed the little issue where it's dependant of RBTTInvasion >_<;

Please test guys!

Comment

Hey nice work FakeTruth. Looks like yet another high quality MOD. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Looks cool. I'll have to check this out sometime...

Comment

no ps3? hu?

Comment

Should be possible for PS3, I think, as it doesn't use any custom content, but I'm not sure. Also I don't know how people would open or navigate through the menu

Comment

EasyRPG v0.92
              RBTTInvasion Rev 292+ Compatible

EasyRPG is compatible with the UNRELEASED version of RBTTInvasion, any older version will not work as far as monster adjustment goes and giving the right amount of experience.
              RBTTInvasion Rev 292+ has an extra entry in the MonsterTable where you can set how many points a monster is worth, EasyRPG reads this and gives you the points in experience!

Comment

Looks good so far. Do you have any plans to add magic weapons to the mutator?

Comment

Nope, sorry. This is EasyRPG and should be as simple as it can get, but highly configurable.

Thought THIS RPG, won't take a step into further complexity, after this RPG is done we, from RBTT, will use this RPG as a basis to create a much larger RPG. And I mean REAL large.

I can't say if that RPG will be publicly released though.

Comment

EasyRPG v0.93
                    WebAdmin

Yup, it has a WebAdmin interface, check it out: (Will change the layout, and add some tabs in the next release)

Death penalties
                    When a player dies, he can loose an amount of experience! He can even level down! This is a configurable option.

More options
                    Here's a list of the new options that came with v0.93:
                    Code:
                    StartingLevel=0				; The level on which players begin
                    DeathExpPenaltyPct=0.250000		; When a player dies, he looses this percentage of it's experience
                    bAllowLevelDown=True			; Whether a player can level down when player looses too much experience
                    LevelDownMessage=`name went down to level `level...	; Level down message
                    BonusExpKillFlagCarrier=5		; Extra experience awarded when played killed the flag carrier
                    BonusExpLastSecondSave=3		; Exter experience awarded when flag carrier almost scored
                    DodgeSpeedPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra dodge speed per Agility
                    DodgeSpeedZPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra dodge height per Agility
                    GroundSpeedPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra ground speed per Agility
                    JumpZPerAgility=10.000000		; Extra jump height per Agility
                    WeaponSpeedPctPerDexterity=0.050000	; Weapon speed is increased by this percentage per Dexterity
                    And I fixed some accessed nones..

Final release is coming near

Comment

PS3 Download
                      So I cooked it for PS3, and I got a USERDATA.JAM file.. I have no idea what to do with it, so if anybody would slap this on their PS3 to test it, I'd appreciate it!

PS3 Download:http://rbthinktank.com/rbthinktank/i...ownload&cid=24

Comment

Wow, normally there are always so many people asking for PS3 mods, and this file has only been downloaded twice? Come on people! If you want me to (try) make stuff for PS3, you have to at least try my stuff >_>

Comment

Doesn't work on PS3 for me. Gets stuck on the map loading screen. Thank you for the effort though.

Did you cook RBTTInvasion with it? (did the cook look for RBTTInvasion). When I tried to cook it, it searched around for RBTTInvasion and could not find it. (Because I don't have it, and didn't relize I needed it)

Comment

Thanks for trying!

Yes, on compile and cooktime it needs RBTTInvasion, but once it's compiled it's not dependant on anything. Soooo, it must be some other reason why it's not working Too bad it's not working tho

Comment

u would have to do a congiguration on the mutator screen load b4 the game starts, hard work do, thanks for the cooking cheff.

Comment

Working...
                              X